Print

Author Topic: Duke Nukem Forever (Is No Longer Vaporware!)  (Read 2187 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: September 03, 2010, 06:22:56 PM »
So, DNF is coming in 2011 to 360/PS3/PC. I played one of the olders ones for PC or whatever. I'm not up to snuff on my Duke Nukem stuff, but I figured you guys would enjoy this seeing as this game has been vaporware/abandonware/whatever-you-wanna-call-it-ware for like 13 years now.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/03/duke-nukem-forever-preview/

Developer: Gearbox, based in Texas
Playable Demo, screen shots
Classic guns return, etc.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 07:08:27 PM »
This is cool. I really enjoyed the old Duke games, though I didn't play them until around 01/02.

I was surprised a few weeks ago when my cousin had no idea who Duke Nukem was. Granted, I don't think the games were ever super popular, but for my cousin, who is reasonably gamer-minded and only a few years younger than I, to have no idea who he was kinda seemed weird.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:55:17 PM »
I saw that massive booth at PAX, and I was like "Is this a joke?" But then I remembered hearing something about it getting picked up by a different dev. Ironically, it wasn't official in my mind until I saw the Yahoo article.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:13:03 PM »
It's been forever since I've heard about any Duke Nukem game. I'm not a fan of FPS's, but I've watched a few videos on Youtube (most having to do with Mario characters being modded in..) and it looks interesting. If I could somehow play with my GC controller.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 11:24:05 PM »
The saddest thing is, there's no way it's going to live up to... well, I suppose there hasn't been hype for it so much as ridicule, but expectations will be of a kind never before seen.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print