Print

Author Topic: The most annoying level  (Read 20860 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 07:15:19 PM »
Why the heck has everybody played Mega Man Battle Network 3?
GBA + Mega Man spinoff + third game in that spinoff series + best game in that spinoff series by a long shot. People having played it is definitely feasible.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 09:23:11 PM »
The only qualification those games get as "spinoffs" is that they have "Mega Man" in the title.
That was a joke.

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 11:23:44 PM »
I wonder if Weegee knows that Roll is a female character in the game.

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2010, 01:09:01 AM »
Judging by his comment, probably not.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 07:53:17 AM »
Judging by his post history, does it even matter?

What about the Lightfoot strength test?
AUGGH THAT ONE TOO. Actually, I was going to mention the Test of Strength along with the Test of Fear, as it nearly reduced me to tears as a kid, but at least I eventually managed to--as you said--oscilliate my thumb to the point where I was able to succeed. Meanwhile, practice is practice, but it took a lot more than that to get through the Rare equivalent of that Darth Vader hallucination in Star Wars.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2010, 11:59:17 AM »
The Test of Fear has exactly one tricky spot and it's easy to remember after a few tries.

You guys.
That was a joke.

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 12:06:09 PM »
I don't remember having trouble with any of the Krazoa tests.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 12:33:10 PM »
I dunno about you guys but I beat that game like 5 or 6 times back in the day.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 03:48:24 PM »
I couldn't even get twenty-five percent through it.  It had everything an adventure game needs in theory, but it was incredibly dull.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 09:22:11 PM »
I thought it was gorgeous and it had an amazing soundtrack also. The combat was for the most part a total joke, but that was okay. It was still pretty. And Fox's controls were really fun. He had weight onscreen. It felt real to move him around.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2010, 07:37:22 AM »
Yeah, I agree. I mean, looking back, it definitely suffered from your standard Rare vices (bad voice acting, fetch quests, excessive collecting, randomly balls-hard challenges, and undeniable structural similarities to a popular Nintendo series), but having never played the previous Star Fox games as a kid, I thought it was pretty cool. The concept, though, was... well, I know it's because it wasn't originally an SF game, but I get the feeling it would've been awesomer as some kid's CG movie (hey, that reminds me--whatever happened to that Dinotopia thing?).

Oh, and Krystal. ShadowBrain approves.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010, 10:10:13 AM »
Did anyone else here play Odama? Because it was an awesome game, but insanely difficult. And your general made fun of you when you failed a mission.

(cube rush)

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 11:39:19 AM »
Oh, and Krystal. ShadowBrain approves.

PaperLuigi disapproves. She was the most annoying aspect of the game.

Back on topic, did anyone else hate the triforce collecting part in LoZ: The Wind Waker? I guess it wasn't difficult, just tedious (and therefore annoying). 

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 11:48:16 AM »
Odama is awesome and sometime I need to get around to finishing it. I constantly talk it up to customers who see the two copies we have in the case.

SFA didn't really have that bad of acting. I guess Slippy and Peppy were a bit off, but Fox and Krystal were fine. Fox's voice was especially kickin' and I wish they could have kept Steve Malpass around to do it. But he was Rare. sigh
That was a joke.

« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »
Back on topic, did anyone else hate the triforce collecting part in LoZ: The Wind Waker? I guess it wasn't difficult, just tedious (and therefore annoying). 

Very true. It seriously diminished the game's replay value as well.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print