Print

Author Topic: Stupid Final Bosses. . .  (Read 6727 times)

« on: August 13, 2001, 11:07:39 AM »
Is it me, or is it that Mario (or Luigi) wins most of his battles with the final bosses on account of stupidity of the final bosses? I have a few questions which point out the stupidity of the final bosses. . . .I mean, these just prove the intelligence of the final bosses. . .

1. In SMB, If Bowser is only vulnerable to lava and fire, why does he have an axe to cut the bridge he's on? If he didn't have this, only Firey Mario would be able to stop him. Also, since Bowser is closer to the axe in every battle, why doesn't he just cut the bridge while Mario is on it?

2. (Note: This takes the case in stupidity)In SMB2, why does Wart have a Veggie-maker in his room if he hates vegetables??? He's invulnerable to anything else, so why does he have a Veggie-maker?

3. This one is kind of excuseable, but in SMB3, why does Bowser try to crush the brick floor if he can see that its breaking? I mean he's invulnerable to defeat any other way but falling to his doom. . .

4. In SMW, Bowser is invulnerable in his Clown Copter, right? Well, then why does he throw Mechakoopas at you if its the only thing he's vulnerable to at that point? After being hurt several times by them, he should have realized it was stupid to keep throwing them at you and stopped. . .

5. In SM64, Bowser is indestructable to anything but those bombs on the side. So why does he have them???? If he has to have those bombs, Bowser at least should have tried to throw Mario in to them, but he doesn't even try to do that. . .

Those were just a few cases of stupidity on the final bosses part, and there are plenty more that I could pick out in the  Mario series. Well, I guess if the game designers didn't put those things in, the bosses would be unbeatable, but they at least could have put an excuse why the bosses put them in. . .well, anyway, I wanted to point that
out to the public. . .and don't get me wrong, I love the final bosses in the Mario series, its just that that was kind of bothering me, and I had to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening to my rambling. . .

This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .
This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2001, 04:52:10 PM »
Warts excuse in SMB2:  That machine in not a Veggie maker, it is the Mega Dream Machine, the means by which he took over Sub-Con in the first place.  The veggies were the fuel for it, but Mario and friends successfullt put the machine in reverse, so it produced veggies instead of consuming them.  That's why it was in Wart's room.

--

I''ve decided to add a signature.  Now...what should I type?  Hmm...
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2001, 05:54:15 PM »
3. He's trying to crush Mario, but he's so heavy that he can't avoid breaking the bricks.

----------
OK, I pressed the profile sig button. What? It doesn`t show my sig? That`s not fair!
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2001, 06:27:55 PM »
Well. . .if that's really true about Wart's machine, then I guess its valid. Wart should have tried to stop the machine though. As for Bowser's excuse in SMB 3, he shouldn't have tried to crush Mario in the first place then. He's invulnerable, so he should have just tried to eliminate Mario with his fireballs. That would have eventually done the job, and there would be no way for Bowser to be defeated. He should have realized this when the floor first started caving in.  Bowser's excuse for SMB3 is invalid, imo. Thanks for your responses!

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2001, 08:38:56 PM »
In Paper Mario, When Bowser has Star Rod power, Why doesn't he trap the Star Spirits in cards agian before they do Star/Peach Beam? Another thing. Why didn't Bowser just kill Mario after he beat him up in the beggining. He just got rid of his plans by sending him out the window!

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2001, 08:05:02 PM »
Well, I came up with explanations for each Bowser battle that didn't already get an excuse.  I found that Bowser's biggest fault isn't stupidity, but arrogance towards Mario.  Bowser takes one look at Mario and just sees a slightly chunky, short, Italian plumber in his mid to late thirties and assumes that Mario is not a threat.  Well, just read my explanations for Bowser's other goof-ups:

-Super Mario Bros. 1- The axe is there because Bowser intended to slice up Mario with it if the plumber got too close.  Bowser had no idea our hero Mario would be agile enough to snatch the axe right out from under the beastly Koopa King.

-Super Mario World- Bowser thought a handful of MechaKoopas would be more than enough to kill off the intrepid Mario and Luigi.  Just to be safe, Bowser decided to watch from his Koopa Klown Kopter, sure that an out of shape plumber wouldn't be able to kick the Mecha Koopas 30 feet in the air and on Bowser's scaly head.

-Super Mario 64- In SM64 it's a bit obvious that Bowser wanted to hurl Mario into the bombs, but again, the ravenous Koopa King judges Mario by his looks, and gets tossed around the arena by a portly plumber.  Pretty amazing that a little Italian guy could toss around a gargantuan dragon-turtle. :)

-Paper Mario- Finally Bowser realized that inside the body of a short plumber lies the athleticism of an Olympic champion, and takes no chances, roasting Mario with starpower.  King Koopa does assume again, however, thinking that Mario died from the starry blast.

See what happens when you assume?  Little Italian guys come and beat the hell out of you!  The more you know. . .

;)

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Have a nice end of the world.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2001, 08:31:43 PM »
Hey those are pretty good! They make sence to!I'd have to agree with all of them. But you'd have to admit in Paper Mario he was still ignorant. I mean if he used the brains he has, he would have known better then not to send him out the window...of course, Mario would probably find a way to a Koopa Kopter and get down to save the Star Spirits.

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2001, 02:24:55 PM »
Yeah, sure they make sense. But maybe Nintendo put them there on purpose so you "Actually" have a way to defeat final bosses >=/
Well, I''m back, and better than ever, with my Glacier GBA!

*Looks around*

Uh... what did you expect?

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2001, 02:41:12 PM »
Hmmm, billy chilly, I can see you put a lot of thought into your explanations. Good job, but some things don't make sense.

1. SMB1 - If that's true, then why didn't Bowser have the axe in his hands so he could slice Mario? Even if Mario was agile enough to avoid that, he wouldn't be able to use the axe against Bowser. I still don't get why Bowser didn't just cut the bridge when Mario was on it, which would be the most logical method of battle, and if Bowser is only vulnerable to lava and fire in that game, why is he on a bridge over lava in the first place. Bowser might have been arrogant about Mario, but it still doesn't make sense, and iof Bowser had been a little more intelligent, he wouldn't have been defeated (or at least it would have been much more challenging).

2. SMW - That may be true, but after being hit several times by the Mechakoopas (it takes 6 hits to defeat him), Bowser should have realized that Mario could toss the Mechakoopas extremely high, and stopped throwing them. Bowser would then be invincible, and Mario wouldn't be able to defeat him. That was stupidity on Bowser's part, and that lead to his defeat.

3. SM64 - I agree, but after being tossed into the bombs twice before (Bowser in the Dark World and Lava World), he should have realized the plumber's amazing strength, and gotten rid of the bombs for their final battle in the Sky World. Bowser would have then been invulnerable, and Mario's defeat would been inavoidable. Besides, when you actually battle Bowser, why doesn't he try to throw Mario into the bombs if that's true? He never performs any sort of toss attacks in any of the battles against Bowser in SM64.

Perhaps, Bowser's defeats were partly on account of Bowser's arrogance, but you have to admit that had made some stupid mistakes in his battles, and the sad thing is that Bowser doesn't really learn from his past mistakes. If Bowser had been a little more intelligent, Bowser would have easily defeated Mario and his allies, but because of his errors, he was never sucessful.

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2001, 03:17:53 PM »
Now, I've heard a few people refer to the object in "Super Mario Bros." as an axe, but it looks to me just like the support peg holding that half of the bridge to the stone.  I think it makes a lot more sense for Mario to collapse the bridge by removing a component than to chop the bridge up with an axe.

No, Bowser isn't acting too bright in "Super Mario Bros. 3."  He had captured 7 kingdoms in Mushroom World, and he and his children had set up traps to deter Mario (or any other would-be hero) every step of the way.  But Mario managed to get past every one of him and had tracked the Koopa King to his home in Dark Land.  Bowser is a lizard at the end of his rope.  He's watched his perfect plans crumble to dust and all his loyal minions fail him.  He wasn't thinking straight.  Trying to crush Mario was a crude act of despiration, and it did him in.

The Mechakoopas were supposed to KILL Mario, not aid him.  Bowser didn't think they'd be used against him.  He always underestimates his opponent.

The enemies have to make poor decisions for Mario to beat them.  Some of these are blatant plot oversites, others can be explained and are consistent with the enemies' characters.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2001, 03:17:04 PM »
In Paper Mario, if you fall that far down, it would kill a normal fat italian plumber. But since it's "Paper Mario" Mario just floated down and was perfectly safe, besides the 1st degree burns.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2001, 07:05:16 AM »
In Paper Mario: If Bowser had kept just ONE star spirit in his own custody, he'd have been on easy street.
Think about it: He's invincable with the star rod. The only thing to counter the star rod is all seven spirits. If he had one or all of them, Mario would be helpless.

Also: Why didn't Bowser use the star rod more often? Cant he just wish for the star spirits to simply *dissapear*?

I guess he's not the brightest bulb, although it seems he is learning...

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2001, 07:07:27 AM »
Incedantally: I think Mechakoopas were simply too well built. They crushed instead of being destroyed entirely. If left untouched, they would spring back to life and once again persue Mario. If Bowser had made them; say, explode, then he would have been thinking. Plus there would have been some funky explosions too.

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

Bow

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2001, 03:55:13 PM »
Why doesn't Bowser just attack Mario when it's Marios turn in Paper Mario?
Edited 734 years ago by Bow

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2001, 06:33:59 PM »
Perhaps his mind is on other things.
You'd think if bowser just got a pair of scissors...

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

Print