Print

Author Topic: Kappa'a  (Read 2045 times)

« on: December 25, 2001, 02:05:24 PM »
There is this old legend of a creature that looked like a turtle but could stand upright, it had the face of a moonkey and it lived in streams, swamps ect. it has hair all most like a monks (round with empty space in the middle) and in the empty space there is a cup filled with water that they need to travel on land. Kappa'a are about the size of a 10 year old child, and one of the only ways tomake a Kappa retreat back into the water is to bow keep bowing to it, it will also bow and after a few bows all the water from the cup on its head will fall out so it will have to go back into the water. . Now this is is the part that makes me wonder, in Super Mario World on the mountain with red switch block thing, mario passes throught a small river or something but it looks like the head of a Kappa.... hmmmm.... Kappa.... Koopa.... strange....

I got the info on a Kappa from the Book " A sorceres masterpeice or something like that.
anyway tell me what you think.... Oh and Merry Christmas
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2001, 02:13:36 PM »
The yellow switch palace.  And, yes, there is a connection (with the mountain, at least,) as is pointed out in TMK here:
http://www.classicgaming.com/tmk/smw_j-e.shtml#kappa

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Print