Print

Author Topic: About Zelda Cube...  (Read 4980 times)

« on: August 24, 2001, 01:07:22 PM »
I know this is a Mario board but most of the ppl here are general Nintendo fans too, so I think this is ok:

Nintendo needs to cut the crap. The fact is, Zelda is not going to sell looking the way it does now. Even loyal Nintendo fans are rethinking getting the GCN. Nintendo's theory is 'If It's Original, It'll Sell', but sadly, thats not the case. The game could have the BEST gameplay anyone's ever witnessed. It could have the most ENTHRALLING story and the BEST characters, but it wouldn't sell. It needs to have good looking graphics, and at this point in time, the last thing we need is Link looking like he did in the old Zelda cartoon show. When even casual gamers see commercials that show off these 'amazing' graphics, their brains are instantly gonna tune it out.

In my mind, at least, once gamers get in to the game, they will most likely enjoy it. The problem is that no one's gonna buy the game to begin with. Watching commercials don't give off anything in terms of gameplay, thus, graphics are all they've got. It's true you don't need amazing graphics to make a great game, but you need them to sell one.

And about Nintendo relying so much on themselves as opposed to third parties...that's another bad move. Nintendo is a great game developer, but as I stated above, some of there games are simply not going to sell, Zelda being one of them. They could easily go the way they're going now, as long as they had some good third party games with nice graphics that could sell the system for them. But NOOOOoooo....They need to rely more on 'themselves'. Bad. Move.

Ok, enough coming down on Nintendo. I'm getting the gamecube, anyway, for several reasons. For one thing, Nintendo still makes great games with great graphics that I'll get, including games like Luigi's Mansion (I'm guessing that game will sell BIGTIME) that don't have a deliberate cartoony atmosphere that scares away most decenly-aged gamers. Other games that I plan on getting from Nintendo are Super Smash Bros. Melee and Mario Sunshine (that game's name NEEDS to be changed, or it will sell about as many copies as an issue of Playstation Mag. at the Spaceworld convention). Secondly, the Gamecube hardware is amazing and I'm sure many great games are going to come from it from many developers. And third, if you think Zelda looks crappy, like me, than AVOID IT! Don't get it until Nintendo shows some backbone and decides to change it to fit this decade.

Ok, if anyone else thinks Nintendo is digging their own grave with some of their new software, tell me here. Any counterpoints?... because boy, I would love to be proven wrong.

| /
|/
|\ amek2K
| \   -"Who wants lottery tickets!?"
| /
|/
|\ amek2K

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2001, 01:53:25 PM »
Hey, that's the longest message I've ever written!

| /
|/
|\ amek2K
| /
|/
|\ amek2K

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2001, 12:30:30 PM »
I agree with you kamek 100%. Nintendo is the BEST first party developer in games, but I really doubt it'll be enough to survive if thats all there concintraiting on. Origionality is good but if somethings succesful why change it? ( refering to the new zelda game in the last sentince ) Even I'm starting to rethink Gamecube and Nintendo and I swore it would never happen. I'm still getting gamecube and Zelda ( becasue I'm a diehard zelda fan ) but even die hard zelda fans are concidering not to buy it. Nintendo is great, and with such a good streack its natural to make some mistakes, no one is perfect, not even the big N. They promised us a more mature nintendo but instead there giving us these kiddy games. i know mario will never be a teen ratted game ( it would completely ruin it if it was ) but Zelda is easily something that can be teen. Like I said I know kids are there main target but they have Mario, Kirby, and Yoshi. Give the teens Zelda, thats all we ask.

"I'll never look back, I''ve got no regrets. 'Cause time doesn''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog
"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2001, 02:15:52 PM »
I LOVE Zelda and I'm eight!And Kemek,I was looking around on the page,and I found a link to these screenshots.

http://cube.ign.com/previews/14914.html

My guess is maybe they made this version AFTER the stupid kiddish again stupid version.If they didn't,I'm telling roy not to buy it.

MarioandLink

Mario and Zelda BOTH rule!

......And Rayman!well,that''s ok.not enough to put him on my screen name,though.

--------------------------------
Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2001, 09:44:54 PM »
Actually that was the original game they made BEFORE the kiddie one. Miyamoto decided he liked this style better, though.

| /
|/
|\ amek2K
| /
|/
|\ amek2K

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2001, 05:34:03 AM »
OK.Now I agree with everyone.That sucks!I was going to say,since it had Zelda under related games,Maybe it's not even the same game!This sucks.

MarioandLink

......And Rayman!well,that''s ok.not enough to put him on my screen name,though.

Anyone remember me?Roy Koopa''s brother?Theory-Guy?You know,don''t you?Ah,screw it.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2001, 08:29:45 AM »
I totally agree - the new Zelda for Gamecube looks disappointing. However, I definitely am getting Gamecube - no way am I missing Super Smash Bros Melee (plus a few other games which I'm interested in, like LM and that Star Wars game. . .), and I'm certain that many of the other GCN games will be very successful and pleasing to us gamers. I have a question about the Gamecube - since when did Nintendo and Sega merge? I read the game previews for Gamecube, and Sonic Adventure 2 and some other Sega titles are scheduled for release for the GCN - why? If anyone could answer that, I'd be very pleased.

Edit - Oh yeah, if you don't believe that Sega is releasing games for the GCN, check this link - http://nintendo.com/spaceworld/gamesngc.html .

This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .

Edited by - davidcoolestguy on 8/26/2001 7:59:22 AM
This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2001, 08:49:05 AM »
SEGA making games for the GameCube? THAT'S GREAT NEWS! This means that there will finally be a Sonic-and-Mario-team-up game in the future!

YES! SEGA and Nintendo have finally decided to come clean with their rivalry and make games together! I knew it would happen some day...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2001, 04:32:39 PM »
I think it looks cool. If nobody wants to buy it cause of a coommercial or something. Thats there problem. Mr Miamoto never faild us before and i dobt he will now.  
Sig...
------------------------------
Small Console = Big Ballz

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2001, 12:14:42 AM »
hey kamek, not only is it the longest message, but its also the most unbiased thing I ever herd you say, congradulations

"I'll never look back, I''ve got no regrets. 'Cause time doesn''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog
"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2001, 05:41:36 AM »
Hey 2K,(mind if I call you that?)I just got this theory.

The most popular rumor these days about the new zelda is that the plot is about Link traveling in time to fix the mistakes of his ancestors. Now, let's say that Link goes back to the time of ,Oha long time ago,before he was born,and then if they had systyms then,they would look like crap. Is it possible that when Link goes back in time to the period of of his ancecstors,the graphics look like the crap they would be.That would explain crappy link in those screenshots. When Link of the new zelda travels back to the time of his ancsestors, the new zelda is played in those graphics of the time.

MarioandLink

I laugh for the sake of laughing.

Edited by - MarioandLink on 9/6/2001 5:48:03 PM

Link

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2001, 07:10:23 AM »
Hey! I liked the old style where Link was whereing a shirt instead of tights like in Z:OoT. But, i didn't like Link looking like he did in the cartoons.

Still, Sony is known for it's excellent graphics, but...............Nintendo is known for it's excellent story line. Allright Kirby was excellent, but still.

And SEGA? Their in the black hole. Not a lot of people have heard or seen them. When the saturn came out, it sold millions (I really like the game, Gaurdian Heros).  Then they went to Dreamcast, and well it bombed (sorry to putting it that way to al those SEGA lovers out their).

Nintendo is also known for the portable Nintendo's. Game Boy is doing great. SEA tried that and it didn't do well. Now Sony has that new portable screen, but it wiggles around and the connectors get loose and the screen doesn't work anymore.

Now that Nintendo came out with the Game Boy Advance, most of the games are going to look similar to the N64/NGC. It's also all right when they are making the same games agian because a lot of people probably sold their SNES and their games so they could get N64/NGC. That is also good to make some new games because sometimes your bored of playing the old games. Like Bionicle: Legend of the Tounga. Or the Sports Illustrated: Baseball.

Now since Nintendo has a good story line, most RPG companys went to Sony, like Square Soft. Now that NGC is comming out, will they buddy up with Nintendo agian? It's hard to tell. Also, whoever came up with the name Mario Sunshine, should be put in the department of stupid game titles. Mario Sunshine? I just don't like the title (Gee I wonder if the same person who made the title Hey you Pikachu).

Anyways, I hope you liked my report. Gee, I think I know now why my sig. says that.

------------------------------
The Game Master.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2001, 04:47:30 PM »
Well, I like this style. Remember me? Now what's so bad about the new Zelda? Tell me.
Now I''m gonna make a monkey out of you.

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2001, 07:24:12 PM »
well in a nut shell its a kids games, i could go on but I think its self explainitory.

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2001, 07:46:23 PM »
"This means there will be mario and sonic teaming up"

That is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard. When Square made games for nintendo, did you hear anyone say "Maybe there will be Mario in a final fantasy game"? NO! Sega will make its own games with Sonic in it, and I doubt there will even be cameo appearances by either of them in eachother's games.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Print