Print

Author Topic: Mushroom Retainers: Lawyers, mouthpieces, politicians, or servants?  (Read 2436 times)

« on: September 06, 2001, 05:48:04 PM »
I always thought that a retainer was an not very widely known position in the feudal system. (kings, lords, barons, etc.) I looked up the word retainer yesterday and there were many definitions. One is something you put in your mouth to keep your teeth from shifting or something. Retainer is also kind of a verb, example- to keep a lawyer on retainer. A retainer is also some sort of servant, but it didn't give much information on what kind or anything.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Edited by - frostbite on 9/6/2001 7:20:07 PM

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2001, 12:54:11 PM »
They could've called him a Yeoman, which is basically an attendant to someone of a higher standing,but it doesn't sound as good, and isn't used as widely......I'll go now.

*scurry*

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2001, 01:49:28 PM »
I thought a Yeoman was a boat pilot or something.. and why would Bowser capture the 7 mushroom servants?

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2001, 06:30:11 PM »
I dunno... perhaps they were just in the way, and Bowser decided to take them,too... They can be helpful,you know... maybe he didn't want them helping Mario. Too many possible reasons to settle on one as THE indesputable reason.

~So much to speculate upon.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2001, 03:55:43 PM »
They ARE pretty strong dudes.  Why do you think the Princess hired them? If all seven got together, it wouldn't be too difficult for them to lay the smack down on Bowser.  Of course, there wouldn't be any Mario games then, so...
What'chu talkin' bout, Dextah?

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2001, 07:48:00 PM »
I found out what a yeoman is:
a farmer that owns his own land.
"King Koopa has captured the princess and the 7 farmers!"

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2001, 01:06:33 PM »
and besides, why weren't they turned to stone along with all the other mushrooms. They're most likely magical.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2001, 01:51:45 AM »
Hmnn...That's not what my dictionary says...Oh well...

Print