Print

Author Topic: Japanese SSBM! And just SSBM...  (Read 1691 times)

« on: March 13, 2002, 06:45:51 PM »
This is for those of you who are priviledged and lucky enough to own SSBM (like me!), and those who don't yet.

If you go to the "Language" setting (It's in Japanese) in Options, and switch to Japanese, quite a few interesting things occur.

First off, Jigglypuff is now "Purin", Bowser is "Koopa", and instead of the announcer yelling "Melee!", a voice says, "Battle Royal!". You can see your character's name in Katakana. I wrote Mario's name down and registered it for the Tournament mode in Japanese. Also, the fans cheer differently. It sounds more Japanese. Duh.

Anyways, there might be more changes, but I didn't discover them yet.

I would also like to use this thread to discuss the game. My favorite character is Mario, of course. I'd like to know other people's preferences, and why they prefer that character. Information on fighting styles would be cool, too. It might also benefit us all to discuss how many trophies we all have, and give a few tips on how to get secret items and so forth, for those of you who don't know.

Pssst... Dr. Mario's Forward-A-Smash in the air can knock certain people out at a minimum of 60%.

That reminds me... I wouldn't mind giving anyone who wanted it some tips on Dr. Mario's and Mario's differences, and maybe some suggestions on who to use and when...?

Arrivederci!!

Born To Play:

"What if everything you see is more than what you see– the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn''t? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you''''ll find many unexpected things."

-Shigeru Miyamoto
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2002, 08:53:53 PM »
Pah!! I've one that a LONG time ago. Another difference is In 1-player when you Die instead of saying GAME! he says GAME SET!!!! Don't ask me why though...

To remeber our favorite punk-mouthed Clown: Skate 0-/<):
PS.CHRONO RULES!!!!!!!
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2002, 12:49:38 PM »
And the pkmn make the weirdest sounds..

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2002, 02:38:28 PM »
ahh...mamma mia mario, i see you added superclownman to your sig as well

i LOVE ssbm
luigi is my favorite
i am also <not that you care>
link
pikachu <i know i know...pokemon are stupid but i kinda like pikachu>
bowser!
kirby
roy <who is surprisingly really gnarly, man>
ganondorf <sp?>
and occasionally pichu, mr.game&watch, young link,

i AM luigi
i do impossible things with him
i'm not so good with bowser but i love being him
does anyone have any bowser tips?
i also figured out roy's b over if you guys care to know i'll tell you

does anyone know a good strategy for beating both the right and left hands in event matches? <i think its 50>
i have all the characters and 255 trophies and 132 coins and most of the stages <i think i have two or three left>

in memory of that marble mouthed superclownman...0-/<):
___
who wants to buy a chinchilla?  golden yoshi? anybody?

Edited by - cable04 on 3/14/2002 12:40:17 PM

Print