Print

Author Topic: Where is Mario From?  (Read 21295 times)

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2002, 06:31:52 AM »
OK its simple... just trace Mario back to his roots... Donkey Kong. Even though he was called Jumpman he was Mario, this took place in NY where the giant gorrila kidnapped a blonde haired beauty (pauline) and carried up a building. (hey they could make a film out of this), then there came Mario Bros. this is all taken place in a pipe maze of sewers, so as you can see in the begining there was no Mushroom Kingdom, Brooklyn NY is where it all began, only when they found a warp pipe was the Mushroom Kingdom introduced... hope this clears it all up!!

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2002, 10:59:22 AM »
YES! YES! This is why I used to love this board so much! The arguments! ARGUMENTS! Oh, this is great! We will prove them wrong! WE WILL!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2002, 02:15:18 PM »
Very good point, Nintendoid! I guess Shigeru Miyamoto wasn't eating any of his 'shrooms when he made those first 2 games [Donkey Kong and Mario Bros.].

Mario is a drug addict. Why else would he be halucinating all the time after he eats mushrooms and stars? And what about those leaves that make him grow a raccoon tail? I bet Bowser put a secret 'potion' in those leaves...

------------------------------
"I am the mighty Shigeru Miyamoto! You will all bow down to me, for I am the God of videogames!"
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2002, 09:03:33 AM »
I think they are from Yoshi island. I think that because a baby fell from the sky and their Mario. Then again he could of fell from Brooklyn. I have no idea man
Darkness falls across the land the midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in the search of blood to terrorize a neighborhood. loose webber shall be found with the souls getting down. But stand in place the hums of hell and rot inside a corpes shell. The foulstenches in the air the funk of 40,ooo years. grizzly ghouls from every tomb are closing in to seal your doom. And though you fight to stay alive your body starts to shiver because no mear mortal can resist the evil of the thriller

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2002, 06:19:27 AM »
Time to end this argument. Mario and Luigi ware born in Italy. They trained as plumbers there, but due to a lack of plumbing business in their region they had to emigrate to Brooklyn. Whilst on a plumbing job in Brooklyn, Mario and Luigi discovered a Warp Pipe to the Mushroom Kingdom, jumped down it, and everything went from there.

Yoshi's Island and the Mario movie mean nothing.

Mario is the only true path

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2002, 07:09:35 AM »
Then how do you explain the Yoshi's Island story?

I think Nintendo is just trying to confuse us... Those b*stards!

Here's my version:

Mario and Luigi were born in Italy. They lived a normal human life, like many of us do... but one day, there was a terrible storm, there were floods and fires all around the city. So to keep their children safe, Mario and Luig's parents moved to Brooklyn, New York and took up residence there. [Keep in mind that the Mario bros. are still babies]

Mario and Luigi discovered a warp pipe while they were watching their father fix some pipes in the bathroom. Unknowing of their destiny, Mario and Luigi crawled inside the pipe and were transported to Yoshi's Island, where a tribe of Yoshies found them and became their foster 'family'.

While at Yoshi's Island, Mario found out that the island was being invaded by an evil monster called Bowser [Bowser was a baby]. The Yoshies and the Mario bros. tried to escape during one of the invasions, but Luigi was snatched by Kamek, Baby Bowser's faithful Magikoopa servant.

Mario vowed to rescue his little brother, and set forth to do so with the help of the Yoshies. They eventually beat up Baby Bowser and rescued little Luigi.

Years later, when the Mario bros. are fully grown, the Yoshies decide that Mario and Luigi are old enough to return to their homeland in Brooklyn. But first, the Yoshies make them drink a special potion so they can forget their former lives on Yoshi's Island. Mario and Luigi then return to Brooklyn, where they find their original parents.

Their parents, as they discover, are being tormented by a hoard of creatures emerging from the pipes. So Mario and Luigi defeat all of the Koopa Troopas and Fighter Flies and save their house! As it turns out, Bowswer was the one behind the creature invasion...he had learned from Kamek what the Mario bros. future would be, and decided to try to kill them while they were most vulnerable.

One day, while repairing a pipe, Mario and Luigi were sucked down the bathroom drain that lead to the Mushroom Kingdom. There, they met King Toadstool, who said that his kingdom was being invaded by the monster Bowser [who was trying to take over the kingdom so he could be it's ruler]. Mario and Luigi set out to stop Bowser in his tracks...

And the rest, as we all know, is history...

Here's a list of the games that chronolize the major events of the Mario bros. lives...

Yoshi's Island [Mario and Luigi are on their first adventure]
Mario Bros. [Mario and Luigi have to rid their house of pests sent by Bowser]
Super Mario Bros. [First fight with Bowser]
Super Mario Bros. 2 [Journey to Sub-Con]
Super Mario Bros. 3 [Second fight with Bowser]
Super Mario Land [Reason why there is no Luigi: Luigi is sick]
Super Mario Land 2 [Reason why there is no Luigi: Luigi had an affair with both Daisy and Peach]
Super Mario World [Mario and Luigi rescue Yoshi]
Super Mario 64 [Reason why there is no Luigi: Luigi was in the hospital]
Paper Mario [Reason why there is no Luigi: Luigi has to look after the house, Mario is stubborn]
Super Mario RPG [Reason why there is no Luigi: has an affair with Daisy and Peach, again]
Super Mario Sunshine

[note: I did not include the side-quests, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., etc. because they have nothing to do with the original storyline]

------------------------------
"I am the mighty Shigeru Miyamoto! You will all bow down to me, for I am the God of videogames!"

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 6/12/2002 6:10:09 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2002, 03:39:40 AM »
Not bad, Mario Maniac. To be quite honest I've never seriously considered Yoshi's Island's story, but your explaination seems quite logical. I agree with you that Mario's father was also a plumber, but I disagree that Mario and Luigi were in Brooklyn before they were experienced plumbers.

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2002, 09:31:53 AM »
I didnt read all of this, but I think the answer lies somewhere in the cartoons! after my exam today I'm going to watch each and every one of them on my hard drive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

I can get you the MARIO AND ZELDA CARTOONS!!!go to my "get the mario and zelda cartoons FREE!!!!" topic and request what episodes you want!!!

you really dont know, do you??

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2002, 12:19:27 PM »
Well Mario came from Yoshis island but wasn't born there well i'm not really sure the Mushroom Kingdom is where he lives
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2002, 12:35:34 AM »
Mario's parents lived in the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario & Luigi were born in the MK. Heck yeah, Mr. & Mrs. Mario were afraid of the threat of the Koopa Troop because Kamek knew there would be trouble from the Bros. so as the parents sent M&L away to Brooklyn, Kamek attacked the delivery bird and got Luigi. Mario's parents decided to pack up and go to Brooklyn, (with the bros.) posing as regular Italians. So they were safe for a long time until DK arrived. I bet Mario's parents went back to the Mushroom Kingdom sometime before DK happened. Anyway, after that, the rest is history. And that complies with your theory, too, doesn't it, frostbite? And also, Mario was named after Mario Segali, Nintendo's NY warehouse landlord. Doesn't everybody know that?

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2002, 01:12:21 AM »
Also, the Mario cartoons and certainly the SMB movie have little or no bearing on the games. They're like separate entites entirely.

That was a joke.

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2002, 08:51:48 AM »
Mario and Luigi wernt born in the mushroom kingdom. read the instruction manual for SMB:1,
"...sucked down a drain pipe into a mysterious world known as the mushroom kingdom..."

my gosh, in Super Mario World 2, in which Luigi doesnt even  make an appearance, isnt mario tranformed into a baby? i think that im right but im not sure. yoshi has to take on the hero role so that mario can be re-transformed into and adult? i dunno. i disagree with red_yoshi, ive been playing Mario games since, gee, 1988, long before u were born no doubt red_yoshi?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2002, 11:55:39 PM »
SMW2 took place before all the other games containing Mario. Mario was a baby chronologically. Luigi is who Yoshi has to save. Have you never played that or something infathomable like that? I MEAN, COME ON!!!

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/7/2002 10:56:54 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2002, 07:34:37 AM »
They are from the Mushroom Kingdom.There is so much evidence(I didn't read pages 2-4,so don't yell at me).Actually,there is 1 peice of evidence:SMW2:YI.If Mario and Luigi were from Brooklyn,why would they be with a stork near the Mushroom Kingdom?And they sure can't be from Yoshi's Island,due to No "humans" live there.
Don''t you think I''m a newbie!I,Darkside,have been here ever since January!
       -Darkside

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2002, 02:31:58 PM »
Yeah! That's what I said...
That was a joke.

Print