Print

Author Topic: Nintendo GameCube or PS2?  (Read 2517 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: February 20, 2002, 12:35:44 PM »
Which would you consider buying? I personally want a GameCube because it is made by Nintendo. PS2 is okay, I've played both new and old PlayStation games for it, and it works great! PS2 has a feature that lets it smooth out the choppy graphics and clippings that the old PS1 games had; it makes Crash Bandicoot look like a Nintendo 64 game!

But aside from all the hype and success, PS2 is a really poor system in terms of great games.

I want a GameCube because it's made by my all-time favorite videogame company Nintendo! Nintendo makes much better games than Sony, and Sony doesn't have Shigeru Miyamoto to help them either... That's why they have no talent!

The number one game I want to get for the 'Cube is Super Smash Bros. Melee. I love the original Smash Bros. for N64, and the sequal seems even better!

I've heard so many good things about the GameCube, that I just keep wanting to get it even more!

------------------------------
"Bwa ha ha! Guess who it is, loyal Mario fans...

It is I, King Bowser... ruler of all Koopas, big and small. I have come to take over the Mushroom Kingdom (no, not the place...I mean the WEB SITE!)! Deezer, you will surrender your troops to me, or else you will never see your precious Mario again! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

------------------------------
"Bwa ha ha! Guess who it is, loyal Mario fans...

It is I, King Bowser... ruler of all Koopas, big and small. I have come to take over the Mushroom Kingdom (no, not the place...I mean the WEB SITE!)! Deezer, you will surrender your troops to me, or else you will never see your precious Mario again! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 2/20/2002 10:37:04 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2002, 04:25:58 PM »
This question could of have work for me...........that is if I hadn't already bought my GameCube on December 31, 2001.

Besides, do you think you should be asking that kind of question on a Mario fansite? There are a whole bunch of hugh Mario fans here, including me.

Anyway, even though the games on the Playstation 2 looks great, it isn't as good as the hype says it is.

Due to it not having anti-aliasing, many people are finding that alot of its games have jaggies. Oh, and did you know that some games cannot have better graphics on the PS2? Although the PS2 can make many games look better, there are also some games that it can't make better graphics on.

Oh, and did you know that many people are finding that the PS2's DVD player have problems?

Anyway, even though games do look good on the PS2, I can tell you that it look good on the GameCube too. I have Super Smash Brothers Melee, Dark Summit, Star Wars Rogue Leader 2, and Super Monkey Ball. And let me tell you something, the graphics on those games are perfect! This is thanks to the GameCube's anti-aliasing.

Oh, and if you are a really big fan of Super Smash Brothers for the N64, then you will fall in love with Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Nintendo, Born To Play.
"Here We Go!"
- Mario

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2002, 12:42:58 PM »
I own both because they are both EXCELLENT systems. Mario and Samus on this side, and Solid Snake and Final Fantasy X on the other...  Hooooooyea!

*You quickly shove bananas in your ears.
*You quickly shove bananas in your ears.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 02:54:07 PM »
i've had a gamecube since xmas and LOVe it!
ssbm is way cool!
ps2 looks pretty cool, but i wanted a gc

is supermonkey ball worth renting?

____
''''dig it, cats and kittens''''>>>neutrino (tmnt)

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2002, 02:54:20 PM »
i've had a gamecube since xmas and LOVe it!
ssbm is way cool!
ps2 looks pretty cool, but i wanted a gc

is supermonkey ball worth renting?

____
''''dig it, cats and kittens''''>>>neutrino (tmnt)

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2002, 04:26:23 PM »
I only want Gamecube and no non Nintendo systems.

YOSHI!!!
 YOSHI!!!

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2002, 03:36:42 PM »
Renting Super Monkey Ball isn't going to be enough. The game starts off easy, but then it gets insanely hard.

And besides, buying it is better than renting. The game has mini-games that are much fun too. The game is mainly a strategy one, but there is also a racing mini-game that is similar to Super Mario Kart. It also has a Pool and a Bowling mini-game too.

Nintendo, Born To Play.
"Here We Go!"
- Mario

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2002, 07:58:56 PM »
    PS2 may have a DVD player, but Gamecube has better games.

Print