Print

Author Topic: Nintendo is the best... but give the Xbox a chance  (Read 2041 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: May 13, 2002, 10:21:46 AM »
I know you guys will completely hate me for starting this topic, but I have some sympathy for Microsoft...

Microsoft may be the richest company in America (maybe the world) and they've done extremely well with all the computer software they've made, as well as Windows.

Microsoft has always been an innovator when it comes to computers and new ideas. They're just trying something new for a change, by entering the videogame console market.

I've been searching the Internet for information on the Xbox, and I have to say, I am impressed! The Xbox seems to be far more superior than the PS2 (hey, I love PS2), and I think Microsoft has a good chance at taking the lead from Sony and headlining the competition with Nintendo.

Nintendo has always been innovators in videogame creation; they make some of the best games ever created! But even after their long history of being in the videogame business, we should still take a look at the Xbox and say "Now I wish I was that bold to try something like that...", by creating a powerful game console as my first entry into the videogame market.

The point is, Microsoft has been around ever since IBM computers were created, and throughout their 30 long years of computer technology, don't you think they deserve a break from the computer biz and have a chance to try something new?
----------
I am glad to hear your comments and complaints about my topic...

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 5/18/2002 4:28:00 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2002, 03:29:56 PM »
XBOX IS COOL TOO! THEY DESERVE A CHANCE TOO!!

i am your master. i am fearless and powerful.
i will never leave you.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 08:53:54 PM »
I liked everything 'bout the X-Box, But Nintendo just is still (in my opinion,anyway)a better company. Halo is a superb game, what with the 16 players at once deal, but I think Super Smash Bros Melee is with out a doubt the best multi-player game out there. Where else can you see Pikachu (and all the other Pokemaon critters stuffed into the game) getting the crap kicked out of him by Mario or Link, with the exception of some web sites?
He who fills his pockets with the rocks of misdeeds shall surely sink in the River of Good Fortune!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2002, 08:58:10 PM »
Well, I never played XBox, but I keep hearing from EVERY video game mag about how awesome Halo is... But I STILL find Mario just creaming Freakachu... (that is what I call it now)

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2002, 12:48:41 AM »
I just tried Halo on an Xbox today. I loved it. I may hate MS with a passion that burns deep in my Mac using loins, but Halo (Although made by a formerly Mac only company until they sold out to MS) is pretty darn cool.

And, you're right, MS has done an extremely good job of copying other OSes to make Windows.

</End Mac Zealot Mode>

Sorry, actually. The Xbox, while I used to hate it so much, is nice and all. I won't buy it myself (My friend who now owns FunXBox.com will try and get me a free one) but I like many of the Xbox only games.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2002, 08:13:16 AM »
Ysay! It's great that there are more unbiased gamers on here than me! However, there is still a forgotten company... Sony. The PS2 is a great system, and it was the one who had Square (until now...) Look, it has MGS2, GTA3, FFX, GT3, Jak and Daxter, and other great games all released during the Xbox GCN storm. I mean, for those games to be on the Xbox and GCN, it would boost their status up in my book, too. Besides, with an online Final Fantsy coming out possibly this year in the U.S., that will be a tough act to beat... unless Microsoft makes a sequel to Halo and Nintendo releases Mario Party 4 to be online...
Hey! Listen!

Print