Print

Author Topic: Yoshi: A nice adition or a dorky dino  (Read 7536 times)

« on: June 28, 2000, 10:40:57 PM »
Well I likes yoshi in SMW.  He was neat,new and powerful.  Then in Mario 64 he was still cool yet you couldn't ride him.  And in SMW2 he was cool but started loosing his fizz.  By the time Mario Krt 64 came out I played it and Yoshi became one baby dino.  He just seemed more like a baby and when Yoshis Story came out he was even more a baby.  I just can't stand Yoshi now.  I liked the more mature Yoshi over the new baby Yoshi.  I'm sure some of you here may disagree but this is how I feel about Yoshi by now.

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2000, 10:55:07 PM »
I hate to be judgemental of any character, but I also have to agree with TRM here.  The old Yoshi was cool, but Yoshi's Story (which stank like encrusted dairy product) was the straw that broke Yoshi's back.

Actually, the new Yoshi reminds me of a Teletubby...
Someone set up us the bomb!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2000, 11:30:38 PM »
Yoshi was nice in SMW. Face it, there were just some exits you couldn't find without Yoshi. In SMW2, Yoshi seemed more of a "Mario-type" character, with the way he could acquire different powers. Other than that, he's just been... around. Nintendo would be crazy not to put him in "Mario Dolphin," and I only hope he is useful again.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2000, 01:17:24 AM »
I like Yoshi. However, I do know what you mean by "baby yoshi". After Yoshi's Story (which started newly-hatched baby yoshis) Yoshi has been depicted as a baby. And now I have no idea what that thing on his back is! Is it a shell, a saddle? A huge scale?

Wait. In Smash Brothers, Yoshi is like the Yoshi in SMW. Remember? Perhaps all hope isn't lost!  ..I guess.

-TurtleTek
www.extremesc.com/turtletek/beam

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2000, 08:04:06 AM »
The Yoshi in "Yoshi's Story" is a new hatchling, Yoshi Jr.  Still, I don't like the way he was depicted in "Yoshi's Island."  I think there should have just been our friend Yoshi, not a relay team of differently-colored Yoshis.  That game was way too childish and saccharine.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2000, 11:17:53 AM »
look hes both! hes nice smart and somtimes dorky so there you have it!
Break me...I dare you.

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2000, 05:17:02 PM »
In SMW, Yoshi was better. He was hunched over. In SMW2, Yoshi spun-off from Mario and got a style of his own, using new and old attacks. The Yoshis in Yoshi`s Story were babies. There attacks are similar to the ones in SMW2, only giving a cutier look. They werfe also bipedal and up-right, not the Yoshi we first met. In Super Smash Brothers, Yoshi was bent over like in SMW. Yoshi gave a more adult look to the baby Yoshis` attacks. Since most ignorant gamers absolutely hate Yoshi`s Story and most smart gamers think it`s a decent game, Yoshi`s look may be changing.

*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!
*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2000, 08:51:44 PM »
well yoshi was cool in SMW and SMW2 but in yoshi's story he was ...dumb if they made YS (yoshi's story) 3D and alot less babyish i might have liked it.
stop your grinnin'' and drop your linen!

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2000, 09:01:52 PM »
I like Yoshi and I don't care about his appearense(but if he starts looking like Barney, then I'll be conserned.). He'd be alot cooler if he could say something else then his own name though. Hey, does that mean he's a Pokemon?

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2000, 10:06:40 PM »
In the "Super Mario World" cartoon show Yoshi could talk (beyond "Yoshi"), he just sounded like Jar Jar Binks and always spoke in the third person.  
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2000, 06:58:02 AM »
You probably got a point there, Mega 2, it's just that I never watched the show. couldn't figure out what channel it was on.

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2001, 11:22:43 PM »
How can you say that Yoshi is bad, he is a awesome dinoSaur!!!

(Yoshi is great in Mario Golf64) From the

titanium golfer:

:::;Titanium Mario;:::

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2001, 11:23:01 PM »
How can you say that Yoshi is bad, he is a awesome dinoSaur!!!

(Yoshi is great in Mario Golf64)

From thetitanium golfer:

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2001, 06:14:52 AM »
 WOW the Roadkill man is back. Where have you been? Long time no see. Give me a break though Yoshi is NOT a pokemon. That question was asked at NINTENDO POWER WWWAAAAYYYY back in 99'. They said he lives in a totaly different Universe. Yoshi Is The Coolist.

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2001, 10:29:39 AM »
I'm away for what, two weeks and the forums go crazy.

Anybody that thinks Yoshi is a Pokemon is a macadamian nut.

Anyway, I think I'm starting to like Yoshi's new ''bipedal'' look, in the sense that he's upright. But like so many of you, I hate how he's so childish and annoying in YI. I used to like Yoshi the most in Mario Cartoons, but that has changed ever since I've seen the comics. Yoshi SHOULD look like the version in the comics. Not anime style, but bipedal with a more adult look.

''Smart people are foolish and morons are still foolish.''
You didn't say wot wot.

Print