Print

Author Topic: You get to ride Yoshi in SMS!  (Read 4700 times)

« on: May 21, 2002, 05:17:06 PM »
You probably already know, but you get to ride Yoshi in Super Mario Sunshine!  Whoopie!

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2002, 01:42:08 PM »
HHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

that's TOTALLY RAD, man!

_0-/<______________
who wants to buy a skunkle?
_0-/<):________________
Y8FooD...well, you did

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 10:01:02 AM »
When was the last time Yoshi took part in an adventure......hmm....not recently....SMS!

"To the World , you may be but one person.
But to one person , you may be the world."

"To the World , you may be but one person.
But to one person , you may be the world."

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2002, 12:50:36 PM »
YAHOO! Yoshi gets to lend a hand in SMS  I been wating for this scnce SMW!

Mario and Yoshi rule!
http://www.geocities.com/chauncey7175/Yoshies_Super_Island.html is a great Place for Yoshi! Ps.Visit the message board! note:Im also Ludwig Von Koopa as well as SuperYoshi7175. Ps.again Ok Join the Mario Clan the only clan totally devoted to Mario!
Should I put something here?

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2002, 01:04:20 PM »
Alright! That's a ...sight for...slightly...sore eyes...er...wrong phrase.

Anyways, that's really cool, I wasn't sure on that until you said so. Ciao.

See how the mustache hides the slightly sad smile... and the sideburns, portraying his simple, blue-collar roots... and his legs, thick, wide, the legs of the masses!
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2002, 01:17:39 PM »
Are you referring to this picture:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/e32002/gamecube/mariosunshine/mariosunshine_screen004.jpg

?

Because if you are, and I do believe you are, than we can't exactly be sure you can actually "ride" him.

As you can see in the picture, Yoshi is jumping. He may be only situated around the island, a stationary figure, and you can use him to get higher into the air, much like the jump pads in Banjo-Kazooie. Don't be so quick to assume.

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2002, 01:42:06 PM »
Well, mr. I'm always right but never am, I saw the SMS footage, and Mario cracks open an egg and Yoshi pops out.  Mario then jumps on his back, and "water" turns to "tongue".  You see Yoshi running with Mario on his back, and he rides Yoshi, so ha!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2002, 09:32:39 PM »
 Care to supply a link to this footage? I'm sorry, but I can't help but to be skeptical, that image does not look like he is riding Yoshi. But don't get me wrong, I do believe it is a possibility, but I'd like to be sure.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2002, 08:55:44 AM »
cube.ign.com, and go to the SMS preview, and go to 'footage'.  I'm 101% sure that you can ride Yoshi!  It even shows it in the footage!

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2002, 09:01:31 AM »
The pic on TMK's news looks convincing! So I belive 100% that Yoshi is rideable!

Mario and Yoshi rule!
http://www.geocities.com/chauncey7175/Yoshies_Super_Island.html is a great Place for Yoshi! Ps.Visit the message board! note:Im also Ludwig Von Koopa as well as SuperYoshi7175. Ps.again Ok Join the Mario Clan the only clan totally devoted to Mario!
Should I put something here?

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2002, 10:35:31 AM »
I'm not completely convinced that you can ride yoshi in SMS, I mean you couldn't in SM64, so why would they make you ride him  now?

If I were a monster, I would be the Purple People Eater, because then people would sing about me and I'd eat them 'cause I hate that song.
Have you ever stopped to think and forget to start again?

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2002, 10:41:00 AM »
I'm convinced.

Edited by - frostbite on 5/24/2002 9:42:26 AM

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2002, 01:37:02 PM »
I have the answer to that Luigi-Luigi. They had to meet a deadline that they couldn't postpone with sm64. with sms they can postpone if nessesary.

I am the all powerful Mamuu (Wart) and I am  here to take over Sub-Con then, The Mushroom kingdom then, The Mushroom kingdom (the site)then, The Mushroom World then, Hyrule then, oh forget it.
Also known as orolo1

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2002, 01:37:06 PM »
I have the answer to that L-L. They had to meet a deadline that they couldn't postpone with sm64. with sms they can postpone if nessesary.

I am the all powerful Mamuu (Wart) and I am  here to take over Sub-Con then, The Mushroom kingdom then, The Mushroom kingdom (the site)then, The Mushroom World then, Hyrule then, oh forget it.
Also known as orolo1

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2002, 05:46:39 PM »
Heh, I saw an SMS pic in my new issue of EGM with Yoshi today, and, is it just me, or does Yoshi look fat? Seriously, I looked at this pic and he seems to have gained at least 50 pounds... Any of you agree?

*My real signature went on strike, said something about "unfair working conditions". So, this is a temporary replacement sig, until I can work things out with the real sig.
~I.S.~

Print