Print

Author Topic: What's the WORST Mario game ever?  (Read 15686 times)

« on: May 29, 2000, 01:19:49 PM »
I know somebody's going to ask people for their favorite, so I put this up. Only rule is that Nintendo probably knows about it, i.e. it can't be that game made by the guy who spells adventure a-d-v-e-n-c-h-e-r. ;)

Personally, I think the although noone of the endorsed Mario games were total crud, the least fun one was Mario's Game Gallery (also known as Mario's FUNdementals. If you don't know what that is, look under PC games.)

-Yoshi348
zzzzzzz.....speghetti.....ravioli....linguini

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2000, 03:46:22 PM »
I never liked Mario Is Missing, or his time machine. In fact, almost all of his educational games were pretty bad (like the ones you said.

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2000, 08:18:13 PM »
 I Realy hate Mario Golf and the Education 1's

Frit 300
 The Mario Master !
Fritz 300
 The Mario Master !

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2000, 08:47:42 PM »
The worst (regular) Mario game I would have to say is Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA version).  It has nothing to do with the Mario storyline, and it just seems dumb to me, dunno why.

Check out my Mario site, Super Mario 64 Central at www.sm64c.com

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2000, 08:59:22 PM »
That's cause it's a tottaly different game, with Mario people put in. They said the real SMB2 was to hard for us Americans... for more details, check out the SMB2 madness special here at TMK. The worst regular game for me is the SMB2(USA) too, though. It's not too bad, but it's not the best. Yoshi's Story gets 2nd place.

-Yoshi348
I'm the freak with a stuffed red, blue, yellow, green, baby black, and giant talking Yoshi.

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2000, 04:00:19 AM »
SMB2 (US) for sure... I guess it doesn't really count since it's not really a Mario game, but they should've known better before slapping the license on it!  I will always be confused by the people who love Zelda 2 and/or Mario 2. :)

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2000, 06:56:48 AM »
 I'd have to say Mario in Time. I used to think Mario Paint but i think its ok now.

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2000, 07:31:49 PM »
First off, I LOVE Mario Golf (Sans the ****** Guru) and I would have to say the worst Mario Game of all time would be Donkey Kong on the Atari 2600, what a stinker, at least the Intellivision looked good. (I collect old DK stuff)

I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. We're in space.
I don''''t think you understand the gravity of the situation. We''''re in space. FOY!

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2000, 02:48:29 AM »
i don't know about you guys, but for me...it has to be the first smb game on gameboy. man, with floaty controls, wack graphics, stages that were in need of dire repair, etc...it just made me mad that i actually played thru it and beat it.

oh, i be lovin SMB2(USA)..dont know why, but it's my favorite version. maybe because of the huge diversion from other games?
-serving the universe pimp fighting game combo movies since 2001-

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2000, 06:23:00 AM »
The worst Mario game ever is "Mario is missing". that was really the worst game.
It was so UNmario and boring. it wasn't related to Mario at all.
I think the best was SMW and SMB3.
I also think that Mario Golf(for GBC) is really bad.
Ori Porath

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2000, 03:07:28 PM »
I tried to play Mario's Time Machine once, it was the stupidist thing i had played (and i have played Playstation).  First the plot sux, second it was educational!

I also think it is sad that the one game Luigi stars in i.e. Mario's Missing was so bad.

PhiledWthWarioPower
PhiledWthWarioPower

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2000, 08:52:58 PM »
Mario is my favorite video game series. Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Super Mario Kart are my absolute favorite. The only Mario games I can't stand are: a) the cheesy educational games, b) a lot of the sports games and c) the Mario Party games didn't really interest me....

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2000, 10:19:48 PM »
I change my answer. You'd be hard pressed to find it, but a game called Hotel Mario was once on the CD-i, check out the instruction booklet I typed up on it. A stinker if I ever saw one, put breifly the koopa kids cheat in the game and it gets repetitive after the first level.
BTW, I like Super Mario Land, on trips I beat it every time, it's fun and easy.

I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. We're in space.
I don''''t think you understand the gravity of the situation. We''''re in space. FOY!

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2000, 05:14:59 AM »
The Worst! Well I Have To Say
super mario bros. 2(USA).I Hate it
Because like everyone said it had nothing
to do with the mario story line.I wished
jappanse would of given us The Lost Levels
Then. Oh yah I hate super mario land to
because it had bad graphics and it was too easy.

But My Favorite is super mario bros. 3.

You Better Watch Out Bowser :)

Edited by - supermario on 6/1/00 4:17:28 AM
Watch Out You Koopa Kids! :)

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2000, 05:29:59 AM »
what i think was the worst are super mario gofe it ****in suck and so Did smb2 they sucked on ice.
p.s. my favorite is smb3

watch out the bowser is watching every step you make
Super Mario

Print