Print

Author Topic: GameCube and PS2 can kick Xbox's big fat butt!  (Read 4881 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2002, 02:27:11 PM »
Ya know, I hear alot from X-Box owners ? Usually along the lines of, " Well, why can't the 'cube play DVD's and its barely internet compatible. If this happens to you, then just say, how come the 'cube cales exceed X-Box sales ? And walk away.

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2002, 02:34:33 PM »
sry about that.

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2002, 03:25:14 PM »
Dont badmouth the xbox unless you have a good reason for it. I don't like it because I hate most of the games on it, and the controller is wonky. If they would fix those problems, then I'd say xbox was a decent system.

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2002, 05:46:16 PM »
"Okay folks, let's make some logical sense with this subject.

First of all, GameCube was released a few days later than X-Box, and it immediately sold more copies than X-Box! That proves that people were more loyal to Nintendo at the time [also, people were afraid of Microsoft's X-Box because they thought it was another attempt for Microsoft to monopolize the game industry...]."

Granted, the Cube sold more, but that is due to a huge fan base of Nintendo. A system has to start somewhere does it not? As for the attempt to monopolize the game industry, thats easy to say but what evidence is there that supports it? As I see it, Microsoft is just a company, with a bad reputation, trying to try something new.

"Secondly, there are really no good games for X-Box--unless you count the endless amounts of sports and racing games, many of which are simply copies of more-successful games on other systems [*cough* Project Gotham Racing *cough*]."

Again, we tred into the opinion sector of the chart. Can you honestly say you've tried many games on the X-Box? Halo was pretty darn fun. And how about DoA 2? Plus with DoA2 Xtreme Volleyball, X-box is fine with me. There are plenty of good games, but as with the PS2 and GCN there are many bad games as well.

"Also, Microsoft just copied the ideas of other companies and incorporated their designs into the X-Box hardware. Such as SEGA's online gaming on the Dreamcast and Sony's DVD-ROM on the PS2."

Thats called good marketing. If you can supply better hardware to your customers, then why not? Because someone else did it first? If that was the way the world worked, we wouldn't be has far progressed as we are now.

T"he X-Box really offers no new innovations to the videogame industry."

At the moment, what is different from the Game Cube? No real innovations have been given to the public. Sure, you can say games like Super Mario Sunshine and the New Zelda will add to the market, but they haven't arrived yet, and whos to say that the X-Box does not have equally innovative games coming along?

"Finally, the X-Box was designed like a computer--and as such, it has been given the reputation that it is simply a cheap computer device that can play videogames!"

And who was given it this reputation? Fans of the Cube and PS2 maybe?

"Whoopee, who want's to buy a computer/console hybrid when videogame systems were ORIGINALLY DESIGNED FOR ONLY ONE PURPOSE: VIDEOGAMES!"

Something comes to mind, the PS2's ability to play DVD's. Solely for Video Games, eh?

"This has been my opinion on the X-Box and it's predictable death in the videogame society. "

Thats nice.

Edited by - Black Mage on 7/14/2002 5:07:34 PM

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2002, 01:28:05 PM »
Okay, sorry for insulting you Black Mage. I guess I was getting a little [or a lot] biased. I still like PlayStation2 and GameCube better because they both have a high installed fanbase, whereas the X-Box doesn't...yet.

X-Box may do well because of their "X-Box Live" online service, but that still doesn't constitute the fact that Microsoft has had a poor reputation in the world of innovation...

Nintendo and Sony have both [in their own unique ways] offered tremendous amounts of innovation to the products they have created. That's what makes them so great and successful. And that's why I respect both of the companies, for those reasons.

Microsoft may be new to the videogame business, and just for that reason alone [plus the fact that in today's world, it's hard enough for a new company to successfully market and excell in the videogame business] they will have a hard time trying to connect with enough gamers and earn a respectable amount of support.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 7/19/2002 12:28:38 PM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Print