Print

Author Topic: Exciting GameCube news!  (Read 2180 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: October 09, 2002, 07:20:43 AM »
I just went to a Nintendo fan-site and found this news article:

Demo Discs are finally arriving on GCN

According to PlanetGameCube, Nintendo of America has authorized game companies to release demo discs for their GameCube games. It is suspected that the first demo disc will be Resident Evil 0. It is not determined where free demo discs will be distributed at this time.

As well, it is not known whether or not Nintendo-made games will have demo discs.
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
That's good news for Nintendo gamers who want to try out the newest GameCube games before they're released! That's what Microsoft and Sony are doing also...with very good success!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2002, 04:28:54 PM »
Yep, that's cool.
 n/a

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2002, 09:20:23 PM »
I like that idea.  The only problem would be the price. $50 on a small part of a game? These disks don't cost too much to make, do they?  I imagine it'd be around $25, more or less.  Even so, I'd return it when I get the actual game.

Woo-hoo! first post!

"I am FLUDD, the Flash liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance"
I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2002, 10:57:41 PM »
I'd expect they'd be free, or like around $5.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2002, 05:33:40 AM »
I bet they'd come with an issue of Nintendo Power. Kind of like how the Official PlayStation Magazine offers free demo disks with each issue...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2002, 11:36:46 AM »
If it comes with Nintendo Power, then I'm happy :)

It could work similar to those videotapes that showed previews of Donkey Kong Country, Diddy Kong Racing and Donkey Kong 64 (ever notice all three of those videos had a DK game on it?). Subscribers to NP would receive demo discs in the mail.

*can't wait for RE0*
You didn't say wot wot.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2002, 10:13:20 PM »
That would be cool.

Dexter, boy genius...Dexter, the cookie
That was a joke.

Print