Print

Author Topic: Future of videogame companies...  (Read 2794 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: October 17, 2002, 02:31:12 PM »
I lovce the fact that Nintnedo has done something right (as usual) with the GameCube... I enjoy the fact that Microsoft has entered the console market with the Xbox. I envy the fact that Sony has complete dominance over the console market (b@stards!).

But the real issue is, who will survive the longest?

Nintendo has had lots of success over the years with their past videogame systems. With the release of the 'Cube (as well as so many hit titles like Super Mario Sunshine and StarFox Adventures), Nintendo seems to be basking in the glory of success all over again!

Microsoft took a big risk by entering the console market at this time of tight competition. And they seem to be chugging along just fine - they are selling Xbox systems at as steady pace along side Nintendo's GameCube.

Sony has had tons of success with the PS2... I just wish they'd give their competitors Microsoft and Nintendo some chance to shine in the spotlight. That's what I call a monopoly - Sony is trying to take all the credit for their consoles when we all know that the Nintendo 'Cube and Microsoft Xbox are far more superior! Sony needs to step back and allow both Nintendo and Microsoft some time to boost sales. Besides, sales of PS2 are starting to slow down due to the increasing demand for GameCube and Xbox systems.

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 10:53:47 PM »
Chugging along?

Xbox doesn't get enough miles per gallon is you know what I mean. It take $300 to make an xbox, it retails for $200, you do the math.

Sony and Nintendo will continue to sell and prosper long after MS withdraws their console from the maket. They've both earned my respect. I had a PSone for about 5 years before I returned it first day of summer for a gc...and a very good summer it was. I will contiunue to buy sony's excellent action/adventure games that get ported to the cube forever.

I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Edited by - FLUDD on 10/17/2002 9:55:28 PM
I am FLUDD, the Flash Liquidizing Ultra Dousing Device. I hope to be of assistance.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 11:14:43 PM »
I only buy Nintendo systems. And if I had a billion dollars, I'd help out the sales margin a whole lot. Hmm... that might not work. Anyway, it's the same with a PS2, they're selling it for about 1/3 of what it costs to make it. And yet, illogically, they keep selling them, losing money. I hate Sony.

None shall dispute my word!
Dedo jxucc tajfiko mo neht!
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2002, 05:30:34 AM »
Microsoft is putting too much money into the development and endorsement of the Xbox - that's why they won't be leaving anytime soon... Also the fact that Microsoft has millions of dollars invested into the future of the Xbox - and they now have exclusive support from Rare. You figure it out.

As for Sony, they still hold the dominance over the console market, but they also need to give Nintendo and Microsoft some spotlight as well... I have never really liked the PlayStation systems - the games Sony makes are all too generic for my tastes.

Nintendo continues to prove that they make the best games over any competitor. They have the talent and vision to produce some of the most long-lasting and well-knopwn franchises out there! That's why I respect them so much!

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 10/18/2002 4:31:29 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2002, 09:16:56 PM »
Yeah, Nintendo can take anything. They took Sega's insuting ads in the 16 bit era, they can take Microsoft.

But, no matter how much energizing food you load up on before a marathon, you can't run the whole way without a bottle of water every few miles or so. The same is true with M$. They lose money all the time and almost (but not quite) break even with their overpriced accesoroes. Like their DVD player built into the Xbox. They say it's free, but you can't use it without the $30 remote.

Also, they have no first party games that I think of off the top of my head, other than Halo, and I think a soncond party worked on it some.

First party games make Nintendo not only rich but faumous. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Starfox, and others. They have mastermind Shigeru Myamoto(sp?) behind them, and they have power. They don't jump hurtles, they toppel them to the groun, leaving them useless.

Sue successfull. I''d be looking forward to a lot of Japanese text in video games since their main translator quit for letting me push them around. Oh well, I could hire my own translator now!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2002, 10:50:31 PM »
Miyamoto. Mee-ya-mo-to. You asked.
Speakin' of first-party games, I was going to say the same thing. As far as I know, XBox has no first-party games. Also, I can't think of any games on PlayStation that aren't second-party. HMM!!
That was a joke.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2002, 10:13:24 AM »
Microsoft makes plenty of their own games for Xbox. Halo and Blinx the Timesweeper (a platformer similar to Super Mario Sunshine). The only thing is that Xbox is very weak with 3rd-party support. Not many companies are putting the time and effort to develop games for it.

PlayStation2 is getting TONS of 3rd-party support. People still love it (that's why it's STILL the best-selling console of all time)! And yes, Sony does make their own games for PS2 - they also publish some games exclusively from 3rd-party companies.

GameCube is getting plenty of 3rd-party support - so there are no chances of Nintendo backing out just yet... Also, Nintnedo makes some of the best games...no matter what kind of genere: Platformer, RPG, Fighting, etc.

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2002, 11:03:47 PM »
Thanks, Chupperson.

Halo's part second party, too, btw.

Blinx the Timesweeper is not similar to SMS. The only similar things are the genre, it's a video game, it's 3-d, and ir retails for $50 of that hard earned allowance, some, more than others...

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2002, 11:03:58 PM »
Thanks, Chupperson.

Halo's part second party, too, btw.

Blinx the Timesweeper is not similar to SMS. The only similar things are the genre, it's a video game, it's 3-d, and ir retails for $50 of that hard earned allowance or salary, some, more than others...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2002, 11:48:03 PM »
You know that Disney Channel movie, The Scream Team? What's up with the kid having a vacuum to suck up ghosts?
("Blinx" reminded me of this. So many people stealing Miyamoto's good ideas.)

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2002, 03:47:18 PM »
Or, maybe, just maybe, they all stole it from Ghostbusters.

-------
Weekly Frostbite Quote #6:

(Family is at dinner watching TV)

Dan: That guy kind of looks like Bill Gates.
Mike: His name is Richard, so that would be Bill.
Dan: No--
Melissa: No, that’s Robert!
Dan: It’s William, you idiot!
Melissa: Oh.
Dan: Gotta write that down. (exits to family room and computer)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2002, 11:53:00 PM »
Nah.

Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2002, 11:02:39 AM »
I don't watch disney channel movies anymore. They waaaaaaaaaaay over advertise them. By the time you get to a funny part, it's not funny anymore, 'cause you've already seen it like, 100 times on commercials.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2002, 09:38:47 PM »
I agree. I was just saying.
They haven't made very many good Disney Channel movies. I can stand like 5 of them.

Yeah, it`s me, that gremlin that does stuff while you`re not looking. Eeh hee hee hee heeeee!
That was a joke.

Print