Print

Author Topic: Mega Man  (Read 10470 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2003, 11:34:33 PM »
My favorites are the NES Mega Man games.  Will Capcom be bringing Mega Man and/or other games to the GCN soon?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2003, 11:59:19 PM »
Word is, they're making a Mega Man Battle Network title for GCN... no info yet on if they plan to do classic Mega Man games. I hope they do. The original storyline (Mega Man/Mega Man X series) was so much more ...original.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2003, 04:36:05 PM »
I used to watch this show when I was younger:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/showinfo.cfm?showID=5339
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2003, 12:30:17 AM »
That show was rather strange because they twisted the characters and plot (not to mention game mechanics) around somewhat...
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2003, 10:21:58 AM »
i still watch it.(giggle)
never argue with an idiot.they`ll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2003, 04:52:46 PM »
Mega Man is still on the air? When? Which network?
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2003, 12:53:35 AM »
It was on Fox Family (Now ABC Family) a while back...
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2003, 06:59:27 PM »
So what Mega Man games do you have?

I have Megaman X,Megaman X4,Megaman X5,Megaman Legends,and Megaman 8.

My cousin has Megaman X6 and Megaman Legends 2. He let me borrow both and I beat Megaman X6 about 10 times with Zero and X and got all the armors for X, but in Legends 2 I only got to the final boss and I couldn't beat it. Oh well.

That is all.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2003, 10:23:11 PM »
I have
Mega Man, Mega Man II, Mega Man III, Mega Man IV, Mega Man V, Mega Man VI, Mega Man VII, Rockman & Forte, Mega Man's Soccer, Mega Man X, Mega Man X2, Mega Man X3, Mega Man Zero, Mega Man Xtreme, Mega Man Xtreme 2, as well as the Mega Man games for Game Boy.
However, I only own three: Mega Man III, Mega Man III for Game Boy, and Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge for Game Boy.
The rest of them are ROMs.

I haven't played any of the PlayStation Mega Man games.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2003, 05:18:26 PM »
Well Megaman X is for the SNES. I beat it in December after trying to beat the final form of Sigma for years, yeah years. The first form and his dog are much easier, they use the same pattern over and over again.

And I don't have any of the Gameboy ones.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2003, 12:02:41 AM »
I know that Mega Man X is for SNES. So are X2, X3, Mega Man 7, and Mega Man's Soccer.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2003, 01:46:41 PM »
Yep, but I only have Megaman X for the SNES. I once rented X2 or X3, I'm not sure which one it was, but you could use Zero too, like in X4 X5 and X6.

Is Megaman X the only one of the X games (Megaman X, X2, X3...)that you can't use Zero?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2003, 08:31:43 PM »
 It was X3, you can play as Zero, but only during the stages and not for Boss fights. Also if you died with him, he'd be gone for the rest of the game. If that happend, it was impossible to get the golden Armor for X.

Mega Man X and X2 were the two where Zero is a Non-Playable Character.

Personally, I didn't care much for X4. It was much too easy. X5 was a little more difficult, but it completely sacrificed plot. So, in my book, neither of them are very good. I personally liked the Original Mega Man games. Mega Man 4 was the first one I owned, and I bought Mega Man 2,3, and 6 shortly after. I never bought 5, because a friend had it, and I couldn't ever find the first one.

I also liked Mega Man 7 on the SNES, however, I haven't played it in a long time, so I can't say for certain I feel the same way. When the X series first came out, it was a big thing, at least, for me. It was cool because it was different from the same old Mega Man. Which, was basically just the same game repeatedly, spare the addition of Sliding and the Mega Buster, or the Rush armor-like jet suit in 6. I digress, what I was getting at was that the X series is no longer the different game series. It has become just like the origional, in the fact that it has repeated itself.

Mega Man Soccer, I didn't like it. Plain and simple. And this Mega Man Xtreme and what not, what a poor name. I'm sorry, but that's what I call catering to the lower mentality of society.

In conclusion of this jumbled mess, I am a fan of the Mega Man games. However, they're very repitious and lack origionality now days. The X series was at one point origional, but there is something as "Too much of a good thing." I do like X,X2, and X3. Not to mention the majority of the Rock Man series. The show wasn't anything special either. But, I won't go into that.

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2003, 08:03:43 PM »
The only Megaman games I've played are 2,7,X,X3 and Zero. Out of all those, I think Mega Man 7 was the best. The X series is good, but not as good as the origonal. Which is why I'm happy they're aking Magaman and Bass for GBA. Unfortuneatly, I have no money :(

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2003, 08:04:05 PM »
The only Megaman games I've played are 2,7,X,X3 and Zero. Out of all those, I think Mega Man 7 was the best. The X series is good, but not as good as the origonal. Which is why I'm happy they're making Megaman and Bass for GBA. Unfortuneatly, I have no money :(

Print