Print

Author Topic: ultnintendo.proboards [I hate them]  (Read 5148 times)

« on: November 06, 2002, 06:08:33 PM »
at first I didn't mind this site claiming a few of our beloved members, but this has gone too far, how can people stand it there?

I went there for a week or two, and I got such lame replies, it was so boring, nothing was on topic, it's the worst board I've ever been to, and I was ashamed that I was actually considering migrating.

But we used to have a society here, now it's so bland, so many of our members have disgraced us and left.  I pity them.  I wish they would come back, I miss the old TMK.  We need to alert people to join.  We need Mario fans here, it's getting so boring.

Frostbite, the millionaire, everyone is leaving.  Leaving won't solve anything, but they are right to do it.  The board isn't going anywhere at the moment.  It used to be fun, now it's losing it, because so many people want a board where you can put a picture and an icon.  (Whoopty do!) All I wanna do is post about Mario.

This is a cry for help fellow TMK board members, help us out!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2002, 09:35:26 PM »
The Millionaire... left before I even joined.
Frostbite... shouldn't leave.
That was a joke.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2002, 09:42:34 PM »
Ok, I go to both boards. For a reason. They have their strengths, and both are good enough for me to be active on both. Enough said on my part.

The Millionaire was a member here, then he went to TUNMB and signed up as "comm128". He is now a Global Mod there.

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2002, 09:46:42 PM »
I might like to go check it out, but I've never been able to find the ding dang thing.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2002, 09:38:28 PM »
Hello, I'm Green Luigi, the administrator of The Ultimate Nintendo Message Board (TUNMB). When TUNMB was created, it wasn't intended to be in competition with the Fungi Forums. I don't even know why some people tend to think it is. After all, this place focuses on Mario games while TUNMB is about all Nintendo games in general. You shouldn't blame us entirely for stealing members from TMK. Some members of TUNMB just decided to post a link to TUNMB from here so that we could get a few members to help get our board started because we didn't have many members back then. And Todd, before you pass judgement on TUNMB, you might want to check it out again. It's changed a lot since you were there.

I''''m-a Luigi, number one!

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2002, 09:52:22 PM »
TUNMB has a Zelda board. Thats good enough for me =D

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2002, 09:52:41 PM »
Yeah, well... what's the address??
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2002, 09:53:57 PM »
http://ultnintendo.proboards4.com

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2002, 10:07:17 PM »
NO! We can't afford to lose ANOTHER member to those boards, especially such a rapidly posting one! CW, don't go!
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2002, 10:11:34 PM »
Oh, don't worry. I won't leave here by any means. I don't really see HOW I could leave this board...
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2002, 09:38:00 PM »
I just went over there to see what it was like... now I know why we don't have HTML over here. That place can be an eyesore.
That, and I can't make sense of how the thing even works.
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2002, 09:52:01 PM »
There's SO many functions and avatars and profiles and colored texts and weird pictures and ads and complex forum structures it's definitely not worth it there. Simplicity and easy readability is why this forum is nice to go to.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2002, 09:56:22 PM »
Oh, come on. You HAVE to love my dancing doctor avatar there...

Anyway, it does take A LOT of adjustment from the far more simple TMK, and a lot of people just don't LIKE it. Though I am still surprised that I am the only member active on BOTH boards...

I don`t suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~I.S.~

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2002, 12:52:48 AM »
I just don't see why all the former Fungi Forums members like TUNMB so much better. This board is a lot easier to use, and WOULD have a lot more members if they'd be nice and come over here once in a while.
Why is the doctor IN?
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2002, 10:08:01 PM »
i left cus no one even talks about mario

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2002, 10:14:57 PM »
At least WE talk about Mario, all I ever see there is pointless topics about how to "improve" the already ultimately confusing board with yet more weird pictures or text. Of course, WE recently had a forum war over loopholes in the format that allowed people to edit other peoples' posts, but it's over now. See the "Society of the Forum Secret Keepers" thread to see the startings and history of the war, and the "Farewell" thread to see how it was resolved.

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2002, 10:25:53 PM »
I just went there to advertise my forum....
I'm still loyal to TMK!I'll go there once and a while but this forum is what a forum should be.Good topics,good people,good fun.
(please note I will just post there so people read my sig and join my forum)

And then they split into two
one good,one evil.That is how Bearfrog and Tanas were formed.And Xtal was became BearFrog''s enemy.GrimSack raised BF in his sick way and the legend continues...
one good,one evil.That is how Bearfrog and Tanas were formed.And Xtal was became BearFrog''s enemy.GrimSack raised BF in his sick way and the legend continues...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2002, 10:30:01 PM »
Umm... 'kay.
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2002, 07:17:17 PM »
Look, TUNMB isn't some evil message board set out to destroy TMK. I find it strange that there are now several people advertising TMK at TUNMB, even though you were complaining about us advertising here. I think it would be best for everyone at TMK and TUNMB if we just left each other alone and stopped pointing out the faults in each other's message boards. We don't need to feel as though we're in competition.

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2002, 07:52:47 PM »
How did people come to your forum.NOBODY comes to mine...Tis a shame.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2002, 12:26:09 AM »
It's too confusing. I signed up, but that's all I've done yet...
That was a joke.

Print