Print

Author Topic: GameCube last system? I think not!  (Read 5375 times)

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2003, 09:08:04 PM »
I have also purchased N64 games after getting a GCN. It's part of my way-too-many-games problem.

To be me is to be devoid of Special Powers.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2003, 11:25:51 PM »
I still need to get Paper Mario. Having the ROM isn't enough. The emulator doesn't work well enough...

I write poetry when I`m not looking.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2003, 12:39:05 AM »
Paper Mario was the first N64 game I bought after getting my GCN. Having been interrupted by Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, Metroid Prime, and The Lengend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (I have it reserved), I haven't beaten it yet. I want to, though; Paper Mario is a very fun game.

To be me is to be devoid of Special Powers.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2003, 06:28:05 AM »
Will any of you get Nintendo's next system? As of now, not much is known about their next console, but as soon as I get some information, I'll post it here!

Will anyone get a PlayStation 3? I bet PS3 is going to immediately outsell the competition when it's released... Look at how popular the PS2 was when it was released back in 2000! And it's STILL outselling the competition today! That proves Sony is here to stay. The continued success of the PlayStation franchise will only mean more competition for Nintendo.

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 1/28/2003 4:28:29 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2003, 11:16:46 AM »
Definately!  It's NGC compatible.  Here's what i want it to be like:

Compatibility with every other kind of "Nintendo" game via special adapter.
A Modem to have tournaments over the net.
256 bits and a lot faster (even though it's fast enough as it is!!)
4 Player action

Frankly, I don't think the PS3 will outsell, the only reason it was so successful is because it came out before everything else, but this time it's coming out after everything else.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2003, 06:03:40 PM »
Naw, Sony's success runs deeper than just early releases.  The Playstation is the "casual gamer" system.
Back at the end of the 16-bit era, everyone who could possibly want a video game system already has one.  So Sony jumps in with the tactic of selling systems to everyone else.  Thus we get the "casual gamer" market (a far greater percentage than the "hardcore gamer" populous), and with it, companies that start to notice this new demographic.
And presto!  Everyone and his dog now owns a video game company, Sony is raking in the business of most of the game-playing population, and those who can make a difference are too few in number.
*SIGH*  I truly hope for Nintendo's success here...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2003, 11:27:12 PM »
"I bet PS3 is going to immediately outsell the competition when it's released... Look at how popular the PS2 was when it was released back in 2000! And it's STILL outselling the competition today!"

1. The PS2 was only popular in 2000 because there were no other 128-bit systems.
2. PS2 is only outselling its competition in cumulative quantity here, not by ratio.

Of course I'm going to get the next Nintendo system. What I don't want in it is a stupid CD/DVD player. That's not what I buy a game system for. The reason PS2 and Xbox have those capabilities is that they know they can't rely on good games like Nintendo can, because they don't have nearly enough. If it's going to get that shallow, I may not want a part in it.

I write poetry when I`m not looking.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 1/28/2003 9:29:58 PM
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2003, 02:13:43 AM »
And yet PS2 and Xbox owners would label themselves as "hard-core gamers." Heh.

Stupid me. I posted this and THEN read Fifth's argument-backed post above, which says the opposite. Aw, well . . .

Edited by - Watoad on 1/29/2003 12:19:13 AM

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2003, 09:10:17 AM »
I respect Microsoft's decision to enter the video game market. Though, I don't really support their Xbox system, I still think they could make a worthy competitor if they tried hard enough. Right now, there is not much about the Xbox that interests me. Possibly, if Microsoft improves upon the errors they made with their current system, then I might think otherwise about them. But for now, they have alot of catching up to do if they want to be as successful as Sony and Nintendo...

I am getting sick of all this PlayStation hype. I think Sony has taken their popularity too far. Sony thinks that they can take advantage of their popularity in the electronics market, by manipulating the public into thinking their video game hardware is superior over the competition. Well, that may have worked out at first, but I think many people are getting tired of it. Sony isn't even fighting a fair battle, not letting the competition have an even amount of support. Before, I valued Sony's efforts in the video game industry, but this is just too much.

One day, the competion will finally owe their respects towards the company who started it all, Nintendo... Good ol' Nintendo. They deserve the admiration and respect because they are in this business for one reason, consumer happiness!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Print