Print

Author Topic: Game Compilation  (Read 3915 times)

« on: May 30, 2000, 05:52:18 PM »
Wouldn't it be nice if Nintendo released a Nintendo Dolphin compilation disc full of all the original Mario games from the 8-bit/16-bit/64-bit eras? :)

-James Head
[CPU3X@webtv.net]
[CPU3X@hotmail.com]
-James Head

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2000, 05:55:36 PM »
That IS possible. All of the classic games IMO. Dolphin can support that sort of stuff, on CD or DVD ROM for that matter.

Yah, I like that. You got a good idea going!

Writer of Silly Mario Fan Fics, and Creator of the following Charecters-
Rain Booster
Doutrio

Perfect Dark, Mario... My specialty!

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2000, 06:01:00 PM »
Seeing Nintendo is used to making great games with the lowest file sizes they can, I'm sure they can do all that with a DVD.  The only problem is Nintendo seeing that idea and getting a team to make it.  I really hope they do this some day.

-James Head
[CPU3X@webtv.net]
[CPU3X@hotmail.com]
-James Head

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2000, 06:03:09 PM »
Yeah, that would just be awsome. I mean, think of Super Mario Brothers 3 with Yoshi Story Graphics? I know I'd preorder that one.

Kweeh! Kweeh!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2000, 06:03:21 PM »
True.  They do need a good team, to pick out good games, instead of really bad ones (coughYoshi's Cookie, Mario is Missingcough) at that.

EDIT- Chocobo- That'd ROCK. But I'd prefer SMB2 myself. ;->

Writer of Silly Mario Fan Fics, and Creator of the following Charecters-
Rain Booster
Doutrio

Perfect Dark, Mario... My specialty!

Edited by - VelvetDark007 on 5/30/00 5:05:52 PM

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2000, 06:11:01 PM »
I was just thinking of that...

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2000, 06:28:51 PM »
woah!!!  that is THE coolest Mario news I've heard in a long time.  I would be really pleased to see that.  where did yall hear that from?

Letsa go!
Letsa go!

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2000, 06:29:13 PM »
Sorry, this was a what if? post. We don't have a real thing yet...

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2000, 10:28:56 PM »
About three years ago, I was wishing for something like that for the N64. :(
With the success of all the re-released NES games on the Game Boy Color, Nintendo is bound to do stuff like that for the Dolphin, or Game Boy Advance. They probably wouldn't dump every previous Mario game into one of their Dolphin "DVD's" because they know they can make more money selling ten separate 5-game collections, or something.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2002, 11:45:09 PM »
I can understand not liking Yoshi's Cookie, a crappy puzzle game with bad graphics and a horrible plot, but why would anyone hate Mario is Missing!? (BTW, this is the oldest post on the General Mario Chat. I finally found it!)

Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of heaven, you can justify it in the end. There won''t be any trumpets blowing come the judgement day. On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2002, 06:51:19 AM »
Frostbite, you LIKE Mario is Missing?

I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon
I''m the leader of the Koopa Bros.We''re hip and cool and uh... we like bacon

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2002, 01:12:05 PM »
I LOVE Mario is Missing!

Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of heaven, you can justify it in the end. There won''t be any trumpets blowing come the judgement day. On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2002, 01:26:44 PM »
Yoshi's Cookie is a great game! You only hate it because you're an idiot! If you were smart like me, you'd like puzzle games and not describe them with cusswords!

But, all anger aside, I don't think they'd put Yoshi's Cookie there because Bullet Proof Software made it and they'd need to contact them first. They might put Yoshi in there, though, since they were the original creators.

----------
Buzz (counting the kids in the car): 11, 92, 12, . . .
Mom: Buzz, stop being a moron.
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2002, 02:07:55 AM »
You know what, AMF? You're really, really closed-minded.  Is everyone an idiot just because they don't think the way you do?  Different opinions are what makes the world go round, and what makes people individual, not just part of a group.
What'chu talkin' bout, Dextah?

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2002, 07:06:26 PM »
Kent C. Koopa: "Coins make the world go round."

Anyway, what if someone who had the motivation (like me) and patience (like me) would make a compilation like that on a program like The Games Factory or something?

THEN WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT AND DREAM THAT NINTENDO WOULD MAKE IT!!!

Whew. That's a lot off my chest.

Eeeeettts a me! Baby Mario! Honk Honk Honk!

Edited by - BabyMario on 1/16/2002 5:07:08 PM

Print