Print

Author Topic: I had a strange Mario dream  (Read 20669 times)

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2001, 06:00:05 PM »
I have to agree with billy chilly on this one...
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2001, 07:50:44 PM »
I do wonder about some of these anec-dotes, since a few are very bizarre and clichéed.  I also wonder why there are THREE topics devoted to "Mario"-related dreams.

Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2001, 07:02:08 PM »
Mega 2- According to a previous post, I think you are 17, right?  Isn't that a little old to be having dreams about video games?
Someone set up us the bomb!

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2001, 08:18:29 PM »
Does age really matter as far as dream content is concerned?  If you've got some sort of opposition to the subject, just don't open the topic.

Anyway, I had an odd Mario-related dream last night...
The first part is unimportant; it involved going to a supermarket and stealing a rather confused employee.  But soon after, some friends and I were rifiling through some old N64 games, and came upon a strange Mario racing (at first) game that took place in a wintery setting.  We turned it on and watched the intro:
Mario was driving along in his little Mario kart, when a "bully," wearing a scarf and pointy sunglasses, caused him to crash, and Mario's shoe came off.  The bully kicked the shoe around a bit, and one of my friends commented that "everybody's shoe makes a noise when it hits the ground except for the bully's.  It's not very fair."
The scene then went to Yoshi, who was bundled in winter clothing and shivering, trying to stay warm.  Yoshi's name appeared on the screen, along with a strange, long last name (someone commented on that, too, but I can't remember it clearly.)
Then Luigi was shown on a slanted, circular piece of land, practicing with a tennis racket.  I think I then commented on how the place looked very familiar, except in a winter setting.
Then Donkey Kong, who, looking upset, was pounding the ground with his hands, á la Super Smash Brothers, as an Aztec-Style temple slowly crumbled to the ground in the background.

It gets less Mario-oriented after that, but it's still very strange.
Go Moon!

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2001, 08:12:27 AM »
know what i find weird? this post started july 22 2000, and it is STILL going on.
If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you.

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2001, 04:38:39 PM »
Awesome!  What if that happened in real life?!

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2001, 01:43:02 PM »
A long time ago I had a strange dream that Bowser stole my truck and drove off with it with me still in it.

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2001, 04:20:43 PM »
I can't recall any Mario-related dreams I've had in any detail, but I feel that I've had at least one before, and I think it was related to something in Mario 64 but I don't know for sure ^_^

I HAVE had a few other game-related dreams though. Several have been of DOOM, one of which was a nightmare in which I was chased by an Archvile (if you've seen one of those you know you wouldn't want to be chased by it), and I actually had a Metroid dream where I was IN the game and it was 3D, but everything was made of cubes/tiles like a 2D side-scroller. It was pretty weird.

James

Edited by - Quasar on 2/21/2001 2:21:56 PM

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2001, 11:08:10 AM »
[message deleted]

Edited by - MagnaYoshi on 2/27/2001 9:09:10 AM
Me + a blue Yoshi= MAGNAYOSHI!

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2001, 11:08:16 AM »
I had one where Parakarry was outside my window, and I let him in, and dried him off(it was raining) and let him stay the night. Then in the morning he thanked me and gave me the power to turn into a Paratroopa.

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2001, 02:03:22 PM »
I had some dream that there was a special 20th anniversery Donkey Kong remake, It was in 3D but the same as the original arcade. the stange thing about it was that the setting was in Angel Island from Sonic 3.

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2001, 02:56:06 PM »
I once had a dream where i was in baldurs gate and imoen and I had all these cool adventures! (if ya wanna hear more ask!)

Here We GOOO!
Here We GOOO!

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2001, 05:36:08 PM »
I think that some of these dreams are definatly made up...

"Thus Spake Lizard"

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2001, 01:44:12 PM »
Yep, I erased this version of my post. Go on for v1.1

------------------------------
Ens veiem al pròxim mil·leni!
See ya, er, soon!

Gonçal =^)

Edited by - Admiral Gonçal on 3/16/01 11:50:03 AM
See ya, er, soon!

Gonçal d=^)

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2001, 01:46:13 PM »
v1.1
Here I do agree with Thus Zaratustra Dude.
I've never dreamt of Mario games, nor of other videogames, even when I would like to, and I can't believe so many people had so many strange dreams. Well, it's simply an opinion.

See ya, er, soon!

Gonçal =^)

Edited by - Admiral Gonçal on 3/16/01 11:51:57 AM
See ya, er, soon!

Gonçal d=^)

Print