Print

Author Topic: I just figured something out...  (Read 1897 times)

« on: April 13, 2003, 07:19:29 PM »
Before i get to the actual subject of my post I would like to ask all of you to please refrain from bashing fans of Sony. I dont like rap but i dont go around bashing rappers. Prove you have a brain and stop the hate. Now that thats been said Somethings been on my mind recently. A week ago someone in my class came up to me and asked me what i do in my spare time. I told him. Games, movies, music, reading and occasionally t.v. He called my lifestyle a waste of time! I personally dont think any lifestyle is a waste of time as long as your having fun. Im sorry but this is my life. Its my time on earth, it belongs to noone else but me and I'll be ****ed if I don't have fun with it. My idea of fun is gaming, movies, comics, books, music. I'll be doing these things until I die. I would like to thank ths idiot who shone the light into my eyes. I've been depressed for years always searching for a reason to exist. With his help i found it...TO HAVE FUN!!! Skrew everyone who thinks life is has to be constantly serious and all work. Skew ultra right wing conservatives who call reading Spawn a sin. Screw anyone who calls living in a fantasy realm of geekdom a waste of time. Most of all skrew anyone who gets in my way.  

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 08:02:22 PM »
Your views appear to be quite similar to mine.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 09:15:21 PM »
Yes, but having FUN sometimes requires money.  That is since your like me and think video games are fun you have to pay for them (roms aside).  So, you may have to act like your serious sometimes to make money so you can have your fun.  I like to look serious having fun.  Like using video games to teach physics.  If another teacher or even an admin. asks, I can defend my teaching methods, but my love of video games came before my love of physics.  Although an understanding of physics is needed to great great games like Nintendo's Mario serious.

I am a right wing conservative (actually I am a little moderate), and I love having FUN!  I mean, the Constitution does says, "and the pursuit of happiness."

------------------------------------------------------------

Super Mario 128:

"I believe that with this game you''ll be able to feel the "newness" that was missing from Mario Sunshine."

- Shigeru Miyamoto
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 11:30:07 PM »
Well, yeah.
Although, in my case, making money is fun, most of the time, and if not for the actual task, but the knowledge that I get more fun stuff from working.
I plan to make a living doing fun stuff, so I've basically got it made, in the long run.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 01:12:24 PM »
I agree with all of you. Except, well, I don't have a job. Yet. Electronics (and other forms of entertainment) are my life! Without them I'd go insane. My family thinks I don't have a life b/c of what I do, but I say life's short. Might as well have fun while you can. This is why I want to have a career that's fun, well-paying or not (although I hope it is.)

You've heard of the saying "If it feels good, do it." That's a bit extreme. I say, "If it DOESN'T feel good, DON'T do it."

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 11:33:52 PM »
I think that saying was to be used lightly.

Anyway, I am an electronics freak as well. I can fix all the electronic stuff we have around here, except maybe my game systems, but they don't break anyway.

That was a joke.

Print