Print

Author Topic: Outrage at these converts  (Read 7919 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2003, 09:38:07 PM »
Yes, the problem with the "idiot's opinions are invalid" logic is that in my class, a LOT of people are idiots. Plus, they'll spread nasty rumors about you to the "non-idiots" to try to convince them that you're a bad overall person.

And that age is 8. I went to a different school system back then. Little has changed.

Anyways, although I rarely state my opinions on the media, I am VERY articulate on my opinions on the issues of society. In fact, at least twice a day I see myself going on and on and on about something like reverse racism (The fact that blacks can racially insult whites, but not vice versa), Affirmative action (The college's way of making people equal by giving certain groups advantages), our legal system (All felons should be executed), etc. I mean, I'll go on and on. My ideas are so radical at times that sometimes I even make my teachers afraid.

For example, in Language today we discussed the problems in society (My 2nd wheelhouse, behind mathematics) the whole period. This was my closing comment:

1. You know, [Lea] brought up a point that the only way to prevent your kids from learning about drugs was to lock them in a closet. If you did that, you'd get charged with child neglect and thrown in jail for a longer time than your typical double murderer.

*class erupts in laughter*

[The second point I brought up isn't really appropriate for the boards, nor is it pertinent, either.]

3. You know how I thik we can remove drugs in society while making us an overall better race in the future? I say we make private use of all recreational drugs legal. Of course, only private use. Anyone caught using the drugs in public would be arested an jailed. *mumbling by classmates* You know how that would work? All the stoners with no future would become addicted, and die before 30. Most of these "bad" individuals wouldn't have the chance to reproduce. However, all those intelligent individuals that avoid drugs... they, in 300 or 500 years, would not only make a far superior human race, but the desire to do drugs would decrease. It's a win-win situation!

At that point, the whole class went into an uproar of why this wouldn't work, or why they found it funny.

What does that have to do with anything? Shows you how radically I think. I mean, that is a relatively tame comment for me. My openness on social issues compared to my likes and dislikes is so vast it can't be expressed in written language.

Congratulations! You have just been blessed by the wisdom of Steve.
~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2003, 09:39:00 PM »
If your "semi-friends" judge you for your differences, then they really wouldn't be your friends now, would they? A friend is someone who accepts your good traits and flaws and alike. I don't always agree with all my friends, but that doesn't mean I stop liking them when we disagree. You will NEVER find someone who agrees COMPLETELY with you in EVERYTHING.

I've lost many friends like that; they stop liking me because we disagree on something. I say, if they think of me that way, then I don't need them; they were never a true friend in the first place. I move on and stick by my true friends in the meantime.

I'm sure there ARE people in your school who ARE the perfect friend type. You just have to look for them. I can always tell what a person's like by their mannerism and attitude. Sadly, their are not enough *TRUE* friends in this world...

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2003, 09:45:36 PM »
Whoops. You posted too fast.
Wow, with all that passion, you should read that "religion" topic for some debating... ...Although that might not be a very good idea. May there be mercy on us all...

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2003, 09:46:26 PM »
Yes, and to everyone who says I should ditch my semi-friends: It's really nice when you have some 5 people to talk with and everyone else insults you based on low standards; and everyone else is friends with everyone else in the grade (Or at leat the honors classes.)

And all those people that judge based on "higher" standards are:

1. My friends. Not true friends... I don't go out with them, or do anything with them, but I do talk with them a lot.
2. Afraid of me. I do make rather... interesting points.
3. Disliking of me because of the way I sometimes act... overbearing without realising it?

So yes. I am in a rather ... interesting social situation. Hard to describe. If I even had average self-esteem, I'd be happily playing SMS or AC on a GameCube right now. Unfortunatly, I see myself as worthless A LOT. And I epend too much on other people's views of me, regardless of how idiotic they are. So yes. I am not your typical person.

~I.S.~

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2003, 09:53:23 PM »
You see, bettering our race through the death of our "defects" has been tried once before. If I recall, they called themselves Nazis.

"You know how I thik we can remove drugs in society while making us an overall better race in the future? I say we make private use of all recreational drugs legal. Of course, only private use. Anyone caught using the drugs in public would be arested an jailed...."

I'm with you, at least, up until here. We should make it legal. People will do it anyways, why not tax it?

"...You know how that would work? All the stoners with no future would become addicted, and die before 30. Most of these "bad" individuals wouldn't have the chance to reproduce. However, all those intelligent individuals that avoid drugs... they, in 300 or 500 years, would not only make a far superior human race, but the desire to do drugs would decrease. It's a win-win situation!"

You see, this is where I find the resemblance to "Aryan-thought." While it's not as radical as the holocaust (Nor do I think you intended it this way), but the concept is the same. By killing off the undesirable parts of humanity, we will better our race. I don't feel, in any circumstance, that we could possibly better ourselves by killing anyone. Instead of letting these people smoke, snort, inject, etc. themselves to death, we should offer aid and help to such people. Help them get off the dependency of such terrible drugs. Why let them die when we can try to help them?

Don't get me wrong, Insane Steve, I have the utmost respect for you and your opinions, and I don't think you intended that this way, however it strikes me as similar, and so, I express my opinions.

Edited by - Black Mage on 5/23/2003 9:03:29 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2003, 10:06:11 PM »
Aww...I feel really bad for people with low self-esteem. I wish there were a way I could boost it for people... But that's hard to do since it's how you see YOURSELF.
I mean, I'm my own worst critic, but luckily I have a high self-esteem, which I'm glad is kept in check so that I'm not arrogant. :)

The key is: stop insulting yourself. That will only make it worse. The more you think lowly of yourself, the lower your esteem will sink. Try to point out the good things about yourself; don't be so pessimistic. EVERYONE has something good about himself, but if you're only looking at the bad, that good will be covered in a goo so thick with each insult, eventually you will only see the goo.
I'm not an optimist; I'm about half-half. Luckily my (stuggling) optimism usually eventually overpowers my pessimism.

Here, Steve, I'll start by giving you an esteem booster. I'm being sincere, too.
I think you're a very smart person. You know stuff about math I'll never be able to figure out on my own, and you're a grade younger than me.
From what I've seen in "The Third Attempt", you're also a talented author.
While your ideas may be a bit...brash..., some are funny and have an interesting point if you think about it.

--------------------

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2003, 10:49:15 PM »
*sigh*

(Insert post that took 40 minutes to type here)

This post was supposed to be an explanation of EVERYTHING that is wrong with me... why I have no self-esteem, why I am an eternal pessimist, why I think like that about the drugs, etc. Of course, some two sentences before I was going to post it, my [explitive] computer froze. I lost everything I typed. 40 minutes wasted. And you all won't see why I think this way because my computer froze on me.

I apologize for all of you who waited 30 minutes for my intelligent reply; it looks like my computer denied that from me.

~I.S.~

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2003, 11:38:11 PM »
Ah... I know what you mean. I HATE it when that happens. Now, whenever I write a long, complicated post, I put it on a Word document, then copy-paste it.

Speaking of long, time consuming posts, I just spent about 40 minutes answering one of your questions in the "religion" thread. I certainly hope you'll read it and reply.

--------------------

Jman

• Score
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2003, 06:48:36 PM »
The reason why xbox is not going to win the console battle:  They have a bunch of single game characters.  Sure there's crash Bandicoot who has his own series, but it seems some characters are there for 1 game, then they are dropped by Microsoft. Sure, Ness was only in one game, but then he was brought back for SSB and SSBM.  What I'm trying to say is: Nintendo has characters like Kirby and Mario that have been in multiple games.  Xbox has some single game characters.  So does Nintendo.  But at least Nintendo's single game characters, like Ness, are good enough to be brought back years later.  I Guarantee you won't see a sequel to that Kung foo game for xbox.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2003, 08:17:09 PM »
Correction: Ness has been in two games of his own, and they're making another one.

Have you not heard of Mother, a.k.a. EarthBound Zero?
That was a joke.

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2003, 05:43:33 PM »
Jman is a retard! Duh, Game Cube has no chance compared to PS2 and XBOX, but let's see a more positive way: Nintendo can destroy Microsoft and Sony in gaming is sinch. Those companies have to pay attention to their other products and can't do that well in the video gaming world. But ya never knows, pineapples might destroy the world before Sony and Microsoft are gone from the video gaming world.

It''s ah me Marioguy! I''m also the master of Tetris Attack!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Print