Print

Author Topic: Why are people predicitng Nintendo's downfall?  (Read 5187 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2003, 01:26:24 PM »
"If you ask me the Gamecube,N64,and SNES sould have never been stared. The origanal Nintendo was the best (I liked SNES the best) And so They sould have stuck with NES! And GB not GBC amd GBA!"
-- Andrewlb2000

Uhh...sure Andrewlb2000, whatever.

Hey CW, how do you italicize the words in your posts like that? TMK message boards don't have any special font enhancers, unless you are HACKING into the system o_0!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2003, 03:50:25 PM »
Chupperson is one of the few holders of the Elite, and hopefully he will always remain one of the FEW.
[I say this because other forums in which HTML is allowed have an overly busy and chaotic feel to them. This board looks much nicer without all that stuff in my opinion.]

I posted in BORED!! With a pinch of salt.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2003, 10:30:09 PM »
Erm . . . ignore the post above this one. Funny that something so dumb should be sitting directly above my current post, which is here to point you toward my other post in this topic. Absolute weirdness.

Now, if you look at my other post—hehehehehe . . . I've been trying to stop posting since March. Whew, I'm hopeless.

ANYway . . .

I was making a big deal—even though I didn't do the best job saying it—out of the importance of the GBA to Nintendo. It is more important by far than the GCN, which often seems counter to common sense. Well, I was starting on my journey through Super Mailbag 128, and I came across these two beauties:

I just thought I'd mention that Microsoft is still posting huge losses on their Xbox, while Sony PS2 profits are way down. Nintendo's revenues are also down, but they still made almost half a billion dollars last year, thanks to the GBA.

– MEGAߥTE

The first sentence is just plain cool, and the second totally backs up what I was saying about the importance of the Game Boy Advance. I'm not entirely sure that anyone here needed convincing on this point, but when I read these words of MEGAߥTE, I immediately remembered that post of mine (though finding it took awhile because Mario Maniac has posted so many topics about the console war).
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2003, 12:05:22 PM »
The only reason people don't like GCN is because they think it's for kids.   Therefore,  if they make more mature rated games that aren't sucky, that would probably help a lot.

Hamster Sauce!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2003, 04:16:48 PM »
Yeah, but if Nintendo makes too many mature rated games they loose "family value".

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2003, 08:55:12 PM »
You're both wrong.

Eccentricity is my goal.
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2003, 09:44:31 PM »
You're wrong too, because even though I'm wrong, Dr. Mario is right.  That's two wrongs and one right.  Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left.  Therefore, you're wrong, unless you're left...

Hamster Sauce!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Yos

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2003, 10:16:43 PM »
And to the left, there is a wall...

Anyway, this sounds like it's going to be like the previous bout only this time the "X"-Box is around instead of Sega. Also, way back at the begining of "X"-Box, I heard some pretty nasty rumors about the PS2 and GameCube, things such as they emit radiation when left idle or something like that. I mean, I am no expert, but am I to beleive a game system of any kind is capable of emiting radiation? If'n something like that is true, then I should be long dead for all the times I stayed up late and fell asleep while playing a game.

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2003, 06:08:58 PM »
The Gamecube is a laser device, not a nuclear device.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*

Edited by - nintendofreak on 8/3/2003 5:11:32 PM

Deezer was here.

Yos

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2003, 06:42:57 PM »
I know it's not a nuclear device, but I was just pointing out such outrageous claims made by Microsoft....

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2003, 06:49:20 PM »
The X-Box emits idiotness when left idle or while playing games.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

Print