Print

Author Topic: Predictions of the fate of Xbox... We all know the truth!  (Read 2001 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: January 17, 2003, 09:44:03 AM »
Come on people, everyone could predict the Xbox would be a failure... Japan doesn't have the same preferences as U.S. gamers do, so obviously trying to release an American product like the Xbox in Japan would be a very difficult process! Why couldn't Microsoft realize their errors and simply keep the Xbox in the U.S.?
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 11:40:29 PM »
I don't know. But I just realized something: I have Japanese gaming preferences. :-D
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2003, 12:18:17 AM »
Someone who knows what he's talking about (sorry, but I am not free to say who) told me that video games are the largest form of entertainment in Japan, way bigger than movies. He didn't mean that Japanese make more games than movies but that they spend more on them. Video games have a level of respect there that many here would not understand. Like movies here, games there are used for societal expression. The stories they tell are taken seriously. To put it simply, video games to most Japanese are not just "toys" (or just things to be played).
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 12:53:36 AM »
Hmm. That sounds even more like me.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 05:51:54 PM »
When I'm a grandpa, I will the stories of the Mario Bros. to my grandkids.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

Print