Print

Author Topic: Shout Out From College  (Read 4492 times)

« on: July 29, 2003, 12:39:30 PM »
Dateline - Uh, look up at the real dateline.

Hi folks! I managed to drag my sorry corpse to a public access computer of some sort to give a status report of my life here at College Orientation.

Things are pretty cool, but I already knew that when I signed up to go here. Last night, I was in a friend of mine's dorm room and two other guys came in. Somehow, it evolved into a massive console debate. It eventually died down after most people got sick of my billigerant Nintendo fanatacism, but it was fun.

Once I was wandering around and looked at a piano in one of the dorms. I decided to play and busted out the entire massive new 300% remix of the Talent Show and it caused some hardcore gamer dude to come up and befriend me. We went to lunch together and it turns out he's easily as game savvy as any of us. He's a fan of all games, so no debating :P  He's also a huge Bemani freak, like me, and plays/played Magic and Star Wars CCD (old one). Too bad he thinks Magic has been ruined, but I still like them both fine, discontinued or not. Anyway, I'll have to find that dude again.

Tomorrow I get home late after registering for classes. I may or may not post. I hate that type of sentence. Why do I write it? Oh well.

See ya! I'll also post one thing in the dream thread.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 10:07:33 PM »
The old SWCCG ROCKS.

Eccentricity is my goal. "The stupidest thing I’ve ever heard just came out of Lizard Dude’s typing hands."

That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 10:10:21 PM »
That it does, dude, that it does...

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 11:01:03 PM »
Sweet Story of the Day OR "Lizard Dude Actually Has A Heart"

Tonight there was a dance. Since the one person that could get me to dance isn't here and my heart really belongs to Dance Dance, I hung in my dorm for a bit before heading to the Student Union Building arcade. I entered and observed such classics as Ms. Pac-Man, some Taito shooter, Bubble Bobble, Arkanoid, and some pinball. Hmm. I spent all my one dollar bills on a whole lotta Ms. Pac-Man and some South Park pinball. After successfully munching many a ghost, dot, and power pill, and after freeing Mr. Hanky from the toilet, killing Kenny, and anal probing Cartman, I took a short posting break at this one Public Access Computer that's in here. (That's where I am now.)

When I went back, I saw some poor little kid sitting in front of Ms. Pac-Man, looking dreamily at the screen and playing teasingly with the joystick. It broke my heart to see the Ms. Pac-Man love denied to the innocent masses so I flipped the kid a quarter and told him to "play it, dude." Then he died on level 2. Oh, well. All's well that, uh, starts well?

Reporting out,

Your Collegiate Lizard

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 08:38:30 AM »
LD actually has a heart? wow thats news to me...;P

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2003, 09:26:48 AM »
The poor kid... never made it past level two...

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2003, 08:14:09 PM »
Better than level 0, I guess. Too bad he never got to a cutscene.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2003, 10:00:24 PM »
I thrashed the high score at Ms. Pac-Man once. It was only about 21,000 and I got it up to 32,000 something. Not that great, but oh well. I did get to the fourth map. Next time I played that machine, somebody must have unplugged it because it was back around 29,000.

Eccentricity is my goal. "The stupidest thing I’ve ever heard just came out of Lizard Dude’s typing hands."

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 7/30/2003 9:01:13 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2003, 08:41:28 PM »
how old was this deprived child, that you introduced to the world of pac-man?

The world would be a much cleaner place if people would eat their own trash.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 01:13:37 PM »
I'm not sure, and I'm sure he'd seen Pac-Man before somewhere.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 12:06:34 AM »
This topic of Lizard's is the most appropriate place I could think of to tell you . . .

I just graduated from Tacoma Community College!! After three years I have earned my two-year Associate's Degree, and this coming fall I will continue at the University of Washington in Seattle. At UW, though, I'll probably take just two years to complete two years' worth of work.

If I manage to get hold of any of the many pictures taken tonight, then I might post one or two here. But I wouldn't recommend that you get your hopes up.

Anyway, "Yay!" is the theme of tonight and of this post. So, Yaaaaaay!!!

Having no signature is like living in a box on the highway.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 01:03:31 AM »
You guys are all old geezers.
200 characters and nothing to say.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2004, 01:12:25 AM »
I'm still a teenager. Has the life expectancy become so short that teenagers are now considered old folk?

Having no signature is like living in a box on the highway.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 08:06:55 PM »
"A bunch of lame, old-head dudes pushin' ... what, 19? 20?"
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2004, 10:39:48 AM »
"somebody must have unplugged it because it was back around 29,000"

They should make arcades with memory cards in them, so highscores stay when they are turned off.

I strike fear into the hearts of stray cats.

Print