Print

Author Topic: The worst Mario Game  (Read 4301 times)

« on: October 19, 2003, 02:10:46 PM »
You can't say Mario Is Missing.I think it's Mario Party 4.

Hey everyone,PS2 SUCKS![Notice the capital "S" in PS2 SUCKS because PS2 SUCKS!Also notice the capital letters in PS2 SUCKS!because PS2 SUCKS!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 04:32:38 AM »
It's all in the eyes of the beholder...

---------
Nihao! :D
---------
Nihao! :D

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 06:03:28 AM »
There have already been ton of these threads. Also, I don't think Mario Party 4 is the worst. Sure, it's dissopointing that the single player mode still sucks, and NO online play, but untill Mario Party 5 comes out, it is the best MP game so far. Anyway, if I can't say Mario is Missing!, then I will have to go with Mario Teaches Typing. Or maybe one of the Mario Virtual Boy games.

---------------------------------------------

Super Mario Moonshine. HA HA!
"I hate people who quote themselves in there signatures"-Me

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2003, 04:39:45 PM »
Well, edutainment excluded, I'd have to go with Super Mario Bros. 2. Yoshi's Story takes the runner up spot. Those are really the only two games I can think of right now.

Stupid Quotes: (6th edition)
"I honestly don`t see how the Cubs can lose the [National League Championship Series]. I mean, the Cubs are up by 3 games, and Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are pitching Games 6 and 7 at home. As bad as they`ve choked in the past, there is absolutely no way that the Cubs can lose this series to the Florida Marlins."
~Me, failing to see how badly the Cubs really can still choke, even today.
~I.S.~

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 06:50:34 PM »
WHAT!? You hate Mario 2!? [wtd]!? I agree with you on Yoshi's Story though. The worst Mario game thats not an edutainment Mario game.

---------------------------------------------

Luigi hated it when he craped his pants. Boo!
Professional Paisano here

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 08:20:44 PM »
Yoshi's Story is fun, once in a while.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 11:32:03 PM »
I have to agree about Yoshi's Story.  I mean, it's not a HORRIBLE game, but it's just a big step down from the brilliant Yoshi's Island, and every other previous Mario-related side-scroller.  It seems as if Nintendo decided that side-scrolling games should just be for kids and weren't as high a priority as big 3-D games.  YS has beautiful graphics and the Yoshi voices are cool (except when they sing), but the gameplay is just TOO easy and one-dimensional, the music is rather cheesy and repetitive compared to NES and SNES Mario games, and the whole game just reeks of cutesiness.  I can only hope that with the success of the Super Mario Advance series and other side-scroller ports like Donkey Kong Country and Nightmare In Dreamland (aka Kirby's Adventure), that Nintendo will have learned their lesson and will once again set out to make a great side scroller.

Oh and as for the Mario Party series, I think that Mario Party 3 and 5 are totally unneccesary sequels, and MP2 was only neccessary to get rid of those spin-the-joystick games.

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2003, 11:34:39 PM »
Oh and SMB2 is a great game...I mean I would say it's the worst of the NES/SNES side-scrollers, and you could argue that it's not a real Mario game, but it was still awesome anyway.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 07:31:19 PM »
Yoshi's Cookie is the worst mario game out there. Tetris Attack wasn't too good either.

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2003, 07:50:45 PM »
Gah! But I like Mario teaches Typing tetris Attack, and Mario Clash (the Virtual Boy one.)

I really hate Mario's Time Machine.
No, really, I did get SMA4 six days early.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2003, 10:55:24 PM »
Boy, aybabtu, if Insane Steve sees your post...

Also, Singing Yoshis are COOL!!!
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2003, 03:13:42 PM »
*hiding in bomb shelter trying to find stash of starmen

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2003, 04:30:32 PM »
Nothing wrong with that; some people just don't like the puzzle genre as a whole. I take it you didn't like Wario's Woods much, either (That is, if you played it...)

I honestly can't see why you all think that I'll flame out anything with different tastes than me. It seems a bit odd.

You have no chance to survive make your time. Ha ha ha ha. ;)

Anyways, I don't get the singing Yoshies. I personally think they are:

1: Saying something in Japanese, or

2: Saying something in Yoshi language.

I don't think it is in English. I don't mind the singing Yoshies: They aren't as annoying as the game is easy...

"I honestly don`t see how the Cubs can lose the [National League Championship Series]. I mean, the Cubs are up by 3 games, and Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are pitching Games 6 and 7 at home. As bad as they`ve choked in the past, there is absolutely no way that the Cubs can lose this series to the Florida Marlins."

~I.S.~

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 06:53:27 PM »
I didn't mean that I hated the whole game, I just hated that i could beat the entire game in 2 hours.

Yes, even the "hardest" level.

(I am of course, talking, about, Tetris Atttack,.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2003, 07:02:18 PM »
Huh? You mean, from the time you opened the game package, it took a mere TWO HOURS for you to learn enough skill to beat the game on Hardest mode? That's absolutely amazing. It took me almost a week to get god enough to beat the game on Hardest, and almost a month to do it without continuing. Wow.

~I.S.~

Print