Print

Author Topic: So I dressed up as Mario for holloween...  (Read 5078 times)

« on: October 31, 2003, 07:16:23 PM »
Yeah, school was a lot of fun. All I kept hearing was "Woah! It's Mario!"

I was asked where Luigi was many many times... "He's in rehab still..." was always fun to say.

Well, my Mario adventure is over for today, and I can't get over all the smilies and gasps of suprize I gave people. I feel like I make a lot of people happy, just by dressing up as a plumber (with own-made hat!) Seriously, everyone was so happy when they saw me, it was just too overwhelming at some points. Especially when that random person just ran up and hugged me. I have no idea where that one came from...

my US History teacher (VERY old), even knew who I was. That was horribly suprizing. It was pretty funny when some kid in class looked at me (even saw the big M on my hat) and said "It's Luigi!" Everyone in the frikin' room laughed. Even he did when he relized what he said. Overall, every person who layed eyes on me stared for a second, smiled, and shouted "Mario!" "It's-a Mario!" Dude, it's Mario!" "****, it's Mario man!" I've had people randomly start whistling the Mario theme. One kid even started playing the Mario theme on the piano in band class. (I still wonder if he saw LD playing, because he did everything the same way, like the ending of the underground theme.)

I pity the fool who thinks Mario isn't "cool"

Maybe I should be Doctor Mario next year, or Mario with a cape or something, hmm...
No, really, I did get SMA4 six days early.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 07:56:49 PM »
I went to school as Mario today too.  I didn't wear a cap though since we have a rule against caps in the classrooms.  I put a walkman in my pocket playing the Overworld theme from SMB.

I had planned on making a box with images of brick blocks and question blocks on it and have it so that when I put it on my head a mushroom would push out the top of a question block.  But my printer ran out of red ink and then crashed.  I could have colored it, but didn't have time as I had had the idea in bed late last night.

I few people thought I was Mickey Mouse.  That was disturbing.  Although almost everybody got it when I played the music and/or did a jump and made a "boing" sound.  I was also asked where Luigi was several times.  I had lots of loud comments like you did.  All positive.

Edited by - Luigison on 10/31/2003 6:02:17 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 09:09:00 PM »
The hat can REALLY help...
No, really, I did get SMA4 six days early.

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 09:45:08 PM »
I also dressed up as Mario, but with different results. Most people didn't say anything at all, except a few girls saying, "Who are you supposed to be?". Maybe I should've been Mega Man.

Edited by - The Big Boo on 10/31/2003 7:46:03 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 09:59:49 PM »
I just went trick-or-treating as a beach bum for twenty minutes by myself, which was boring.  But yeah, I could have been Mario... if I had overalls... and a red cap... and a red shirt...

Peach likes to test in her backwards dress!  Yay!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2003, 12:21:04 AM »
I was Zero. I almost finished my costume. It is unfinished as yet.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2003, 09:45:46 AM »
...and I. I didn't do a thing. There.

---------
Nihao! :D
---------
Nihao! :D

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2003, 09:17:56 PM »
What a cowinkiedink. I dress up as Racoon Mario for holloween.

---------------------------------------------

Luigi hated it when he craped his pants. Boo!
Professional Paisano here

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2003, 04:24:54 AM »
Once I went to a Halloween Party dressed up as Mario too. It was Halloween 1999, methinks.
Anyway, I didn't think my costume was very good. I had to wear normal blue jeans and thin suspenders, since I didn't have proper overalls. My red cap was just an ordinary sun cap (a One-Size-Fits-All type) with an advert on its facing...
We had no other...
I was forced to use a bad, black marker to put a large letter 'M' on the cap and I had to draw a moustache which looked very similar to Mario's trimming, but it wasn't very good...
It kept fading away, and I had a lot of gaps on it...

When I reached the party, I was a bit embarrased, and people didn't say a thing until I commented on the costumes. Some said, "It's the Mario Bro.s" or some thing like, "Oh! It's Super Mario"...
Man, those Arabs don't know anything about Mario...
In fact, I doubt they even bother!
I feel like I'm the only Arab in the whole world who knows more about Super Mario than anyone else...

As for your story, kooper113, I quite liked it. It felt so nice to see some people taking the Mario costume thing so seriously...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Edited by - Hope(N Forever) on 11/3/2003 11:55:47 PM
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2003, 08:54:43 PM »
That is the best Halloween story TMK FF have ever heard. Lucky dude. Good job

-----------------------------

(''o0o'') The Metroids will rule the world! Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2003, 03:24:06 PM »
Wow, Everyone dressed up as Mario....... Okay who here is lying?

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2003, 03:36:10 PM »
........ Cool. My friends and I dressed up like Mario, Luigi, Daisy, Peach, Toad, and Yoshi!

I was Daisy, I was kinda wanted to be luigi, but my friend that actually was named Luigi was.

It was sorta fun, because we had a dance at our school. LOTS of kids went up to me and said, " Hey go dance with Luigi, you are his girlfriend!"

So anyways..... thats cool! Did anyone dress up as Luigi at you school?

~.:Laugh, and the world laughs with you, cry, and the world laughs harder!:.~
Kip: Napoleon, don''t be jealous that I''ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I''m training to be a cage fighter.

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2003, 03:40:25 PM »
Guess what, I DIDN'T dress up as a Mario character. Or even dress up, for that matter. Getting in black clothes so I'm barely visible and wandering the streets with friends is what I do on Halloween.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2003, 09:06:31 PM »
Party pooper.
That was a joke.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2004, 06:59:09 PM »
Every party needs a pooper, that's why I invited me! Party pooooper! Party pooooper! Hehhehheh...

--------------------

"blbalaleblbalel... That''s all folks!" -Porky Pig''s most famous line
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Print