Print

Author Topic: MK:DD: Who Are You? (spoilers)  (Read 4607 times)

« on: December 06, 2003, 12:48:25 AM »
See what I did there?  It's, like, Nintendo's ad campaign AND the subject of the thread!  I am so "whitty."

Anyway.  Spoilers here, in case you were blinded by my wit in the title and missed it.

For those of you who've played the game, what's the best combination of driver/item user/car you've found so far?  I'm curious to see whether people work better with the characters that are supposed to go together or random combinations.  I've noticed that once you get into 150cc engines and mirror mode, the computer starts mixing it up, whereas in 50cc and 100cc it always uses matching pairs.

I personally can't win the harder races unless I'm using Baby Mario and Baby Luigi together, usually in the Toad car.  (It's funny, I always hated the characters, but now that they're helping me win I think they're kinda cute.  Heh.)

Been awhile since I stopped by here, I see you all are just as cuh-razy as ever.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 01:17:38 AM »
My best combination for grand prix is Toadett and Baby Mario in the toad car. Their special items are good for speed and knocking out other people, and the toad car can recover from being hit very quickly.

My best for time trials is bowser and baby mario in the bowser car. Because of the speed, the acceleration is not important if you dont get hit and you race all alone.

My best for versus is mario and luigi in the red fire,because there are not many opponents and their special is perfect for that.
Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 08:37:12 PM »
Waluigi and Toadetta in Waluigi's kart.
No, really, I did get SMA4 six days early.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 02:00:18 PM »
This is irrelevant, but who has unlocked Mirror mode? I didnt want to create a new topic for it.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 05:57:49 PM »
I did just recently--I still have the Star, Special and All-Cup modes left to beat though.  I'm having trouble with that.  Gaaah, I want to unlock King Boo and Petey!
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 06:34:29 PM »
Stop making me want the game and a Gamecube for it!!!

Behold the overwhelming power of my signature and bow before me! BOW!
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2003, 09:35:03 PM »
If i were you, NI64, I would build a gamecube by painting a box purple, then write MK:DD on the frosting of a donut, put the donut in the box and pretend to play.

IMAGINATION!!!

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2003, 10:19:58 PM »
King Boo and Bowser in the Boo Pipes.
That's what I want to try out when I get MKDD in 5 days for Xmas.
I reckon they'd be pretty fast,because of the accel.

**LATEST HEADLINES!!!**Oho Oasis Surfing Game Accident**Psycho Kamek hypnotises self**Invincishrooms banning in every Kingdom starting January 1st**DK Jr. wins Math Comp**Accident in MKDD,6 racers injured**

Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2003, 12:54:43 AM »
"speed" makes them fast, Accel Is how fast they can get to their fastest speed. The boo pipes have low speed so would not be fast. And to get King Boo and the boo pipes you will need to finish every cup in first on each motor size, then beat the cup you unlocked in first on each motor size, then beat the all cup tour you unlocked in all motor sizes in first, Then beat every cup in the new mirror mode in first... Very difficult and time consuming. A total of 100 race tracks, so it will be a while before you can use King boo.

Or is it... *shifts eyes suspiciously*

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2003, 01:31:44 AM »
but it doesn't take a long time to finish the game, so you won't wait too much for the Boo Pipes (sorry if my english is bad)
I take Wario and Bowser Jr. in Wario Car

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2003, 09:09:02 AM »
I usally use Baby Mario and Toadette in the DK Train or the opposite. Yipee Christmas is almost here.
I like jumping through pictures, vaccuuming ghosts and running around squirting stuff with a water pump.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2003, 12:52:34 PM »
 I use Toad and Toadette in Toad's car.

Before I got them, I had used the two Baby Marios.

The toads served me all the way until unlocking the Parade/Gold kart.

After that, though, I haven't played it an awful lot.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2004, 07:51:07 PM »
My combo's Yoshi and Birdo in either the Birdo Kart, the Mario Kart, or the Parade Kart.  Those eggs save my life...

I mean what I mean, but if you know what I mean, how can you mean what I mean - y'know what I mean?

MAAAAARIO WHERE AAAAARE YOU??

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2004, 09:10:36 PM »
*Nodnod*  I love-a da eggses.  They're such great items... and so frequent!

I also go Yoshi-Birdo, usually in the Birdo Turbo.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2004, 11:57:13 PM »
Bowser & Donkey Kong in Boo Pipes.

Print