Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 481338 times)

« Reply #720 on: August 26, 2006, 05:05:16 PM »
Could it be that the paintings were based on real life locations in the Mushroom World?

I like that idea, the paintings being based on Mushroom locations.

.. and here is something else: I don't think that Peach has many castles (one for ceremonies, one for art, etc..) I think that the castle we see in every game is the same castle, just has been renovated, or magically changed.

SM64 saw that Bowser was trying to take over the Kingdom (again), this time by taking power from the castle, right? Well, when Mario defeated Bowser, what if the "evil" things that Bowser did disappeared? That would make the castle change it's shape/form to accomodate what has/had happened, and it's not like it's hard for Peach to save money for castle renovations when coins float around in the sky.

Speaking of coins, why do they float? I've never seen money that floats around like that.. and how come coins aren't just floating around in the RPG games (instead, held inside boxes or dropped by enemies)?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #721 on: August 26, 2006, 06:01:06 PM »
Your theory on the castles is pretty much the same as mine.

As for the thing about the coins, maybe the "floating" is just a metaphor, like the growing from the Mushrooms.

« Reply #722 on: August 26, 2006, 06:27:46 PM »
I don't think there's that many coins floating around, but many of them could be traps set up for Mario.

Senior Mariology professor

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #723 on: August 26, 2006, 06:53:03 PM »
So, you're saying that Mario is greedy? That would be a good trap..... For Wario.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #724 on: August 26, 2006, 07:51:18 PM »
Mario isn't greedy. Who wouldn't go for the gold if 100 pieces of it can buy you a 1up Mushroom?

I've also thought up another topic. where the heck did Mario get 'Mario Land' in SML2? My theory is that he always had it (Mario said the Wario tried to take it over many times before in the instructions) but decided to stop using it in favor of a house after it became a target for enemies such as Tatanga and Bowser.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #725 on: August 26, 2006, 08:50:11 PM »
Well, there are realtors in TMK, right? Mabye Mario collected many "Floating coins" in his journeys, and bought himself land!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #726 on: August 26, 2006, 10:14:05 PM »
No, Mario gets his land the American way: destroy anything native to the land in your path. He's... not American, but he probably did smash a Goomba or two.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #727 on: August 27, 2006, 08:06:13 AM »
Or maybe it was one of the lands Bowser had conquered.  Mario conquered it after Bowser, and, being one of the two Italian plumbers with superhuman abilities, not to mention being the Bowser and troops exterminator that he is, kicked Bowser and his minions out.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #728 on: August 27, 2006, 09:35:02 AM »
I liked to think that Mario chose to build a castle there because it was a remote island that nobody knew about. Not even Luigi. Mario used it as a "Fortess of Solitude" whenever he gets time off, sorta like Superman. Then Wario came and tried to take it over while Mario was on an adventure. He was able to do this because he was the only other person besides Mario who knew how to break the magic seal (controlled by The Six Gold Coins, six special coins that Mario forged in order to seal off his land). Then after kicking Wario out, it was relvealed that Wario told Tatanga about the location of the land (becasue Tatanga appears as a boss in SML2), and he told Wart, and Wart told Bowser and they all came and attacked the land, destroying Mario's Castle. It was after that that Mario found a hidden thicket in the middle of the Mushroom Woods and built a house there. His enemies still haven't found this area to this day.

What'd you guys think of this theory, huh? It's either this or the Mario vs. Wario story from NP.

« Reply #729 on: August 27, 2006, 11:00:12 AM »
Bowser wasn't even in the game.

Wario took over the area with some kinda magic, Mario heard about it and came to take back his land.
The castle could given to Mario for being a hero, so he has his own little get away island.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #730 on: August 27, 2006, 02:04:48 PM »
I know Bowser wasn't in the game. I'm saying he could've destroyed the castle after the events of the game. You theory is basically mine in brief. I still think that Mario found that island himself.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #731 on: August 27, 2006, 08:51:46 PM »
I say he bought it.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #732 on: August 28, 2006, 09:49:23 AM »
And just who did he buy it from?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #733 on: August 28, 2006, 01:54:47 PM »
Realtors, there has to be some of them in TMK!!!

« Reply #734 on: August 28, 2006, 03:05:27 PM »
I'm not sure Mario really has all that much money......

How does money work for super heros anyway?

Print