Print

Author Topic: Opening the pod-bay door  (Read 2771 times)

« on: January 06, 2005, 07:39:42 PM »
I know it may seem that I havent been around lately.  And believe me, it will only get worse.  I am taking time off to do some self-exploration.  This whole thing about the tsunami being the start of the end of the world has me a bit shook-up.  And I am struggling to get my inking of a seen from "2061: odyssey three" in my school year book." OH MY GOD!! IT'S FULL OF STARS!!!"

Live, love, and breath...MOLLY!
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 09:54:01 AM »
This post has some good things and some bad things.

Good Things

The title

superstarMASIAH doing self-exploration

OH MY GOD!! IT'S FULL OF STARS!!!

Bad Things

Use of apostrophe

Spelling of scene

Tsunami is not start of end of world

EDIT: This is my 3001th post, which considering the Space Odyssey stuff in this thread, is highly entertaining. :D

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Edited by - Lizard Dude on 1/7/2005 7:59:40 AM

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 01:23:09 PM »
I like how Lizard Dude continues the Deezer tradition and uses a "th" instead of a "st".
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 10:35:39 PM »
When was there a tsunami? Why would it signify the apocalypse?

Let me away from this boulder!

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 01:34:08 AM »
Right around Christmas and because the Bible says so somewhere?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 09:19:11 AM »
*reads Revelations* 0_0 Nothing about a tsunami.  Just some storms, huge catastrophes, an antichrist, some scary horsemen, strange creatures, trumpets blowing, and lots of people dying.  Wait... oh yeah, tsunami could fall under the category storms I guess.  Those poor people.

"Oh great.  From now I am shall forever be known as the king who talks to posters."

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 1/11/2005 7:22:14 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 04:28:23 PM »
Please, let me comment on your "trumpet blowing", I assume that you are talking about "The Walls of Jericho"based in Joshua 6:20, Some researchers think that the priests that "Blew on the trumpets" the trumpets were supplied by extraterrestrials.  they think this because in 1964, The Research Institute for Electroacoustics in Marseilles moved to a new building in the spring.  After the move, some fello co-workers were complaining of headaches, nausea and itching. Some of them were so badly affected that they trembled like aspen leaves.  In an institute devoted to electroacoustical problems it seemed likely that some uncontrolled radiations in the laboratory were causing it.  Using hypersensitive measuring apparatus, the scientists covered the building from top to bottom in an attempt to find the conditions.  Find it they did.  However, it was not the radiation of uncontrolled electrical frequencies.  It was low frequency waves which had escaped through a ventilater and subjected the whole building to subsonic vibrations.  They thought it would be possible to produce expirementally and delibritly what the ventilater had achieved.  So they built the first sound gun in the world in that building.  61 tubes in a chess board pattern were fixed to a grille.  Then compressed air was steadily blown through them until a note of 196 hertz was given off.  The result was devastating.  Cracks formed in the walls of the brand-new building; the stomach and the intestines of the workers began to vibrate violently!!!!  Then they put it to 2,00 watts and gave off sound waves off 37 hertz.  It could not be expieremented anymore in the city, so they built a demo city in the middle of the desert 9 miles in diameter and 9 miles in lenght, put the Gun in the middle.  It put off so much sound frequencies that it brought buildings to the ground within a 7 mile radius!!!!!  They called it "The Death Trumpet"!!  And scientists think that the priests around the Jericho walls, had a similar object, that actually looked like a trumpet!!!!

Live, love, and breath...MOLLY!

Edited by - superstarMASIAH on 1/11/2005 5:16:28 PM

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 05:38:46 PM »
Around Christmas? I wonder why I'm just hearing about it. Nobody ever tells me these things.

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 09:35:59 AM »
Actually, SSM, I was referring to the seven angels in Revelations who blew trumpets and caused terrible things to happen on Earth.  But wow I had no idea that you could do all that with trumpets (and I don't think that extraterristreals gave them to the Israelites).  Read the Left Behind books for more uncontrollable chaos.

"Great. Just great. Now I look like the huge, mighty king of guys who talks to posters!!"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 06:03:03 PM »
SuperstarMASIAH: Can you give me a source for that research thing?  I was going to see if there was some more information about it, but a Google search involving the words "Marseilles, Electroacoustics, Trumpet, Jericho, & 1964" in various combinations turned up nothing relevant to your story.

Popple: It's a little freaky that you haven't heard about the tsunami.  When one natural disaster kills 150,000+ people, the media does everything it can to put stories about it in every corner of the globe (oxymoron, but whatever).

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 03:49:47 PM »
I read it in a book I am currently reading.  It is called"Gods from Outer Space" and it is written by Erich von Daniken.  All further info on my last post, I am currently oblivious to.

Fencing, 17th Century!  YOU''RE IT!!

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 02:12:23 AM »
One-hundred-fifty-thousand!?!? Holy! What ever happened to that emergency warning bloop they're always testing on TV?

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 01:06:07 PM »
Actually, the death toll has surpassed 200,000 now.  The problem was that places like Sri Lanka, Indonesia, and Thailand didn't have sufficient tsunami-warning systems to evacuate the people ahead of time.

Print