Print

Author Topic: The Future of the Mario Universe  (Read 1871 times)

« on: September 01, 2001, 09:34:15 PM »
This thread is dedicated to the future of all Mario related products and games. In this thread you can try to predict what you think future Mario related games (Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, and even beyond that) will look and play like, what kind of technology will be used for Mario related products, and basically what you believe future Mario products will look and be like. You can also try to predict how the Mushroom World and all of the Mario characters will change in the future, and what type of new characters might appear. Also, you can discuss what you'd like to see in a futuristic Mario game, what type of characters you'd like to see in the future of Mario video games and how previous characters will change, and what types of Mario products you'd like to see in the future. Enjoy!

Basically, I believe that in the future Mario will get many more moves and power-ups, and many other characters will appear and hopefully will be playable. I believe the Mario Universe will branch out greatly and enter new realms of gameplay. Graphics in Mario games can only get better, and hopefully gameplay, gaming value, and variety will improve as well. With the coming of the Gamecube and other Nintendo systems, I have very high hopes for the Mario universe. As for Mario products, I believe Mario will be marketed less (obviously), and most of the Mario products will be Mario games. Hopefully, though, we can see some neat Mario products in the future. I really hope that Nintendo keeps on placing the same level of effort on Mario games as they've been doing, and I hope that the future of Mario games is bright. I hope that supporting characters like Yoshi, Luigi, Peach, etc. are used more, and hopefully we can see a few new characters. I do hope the future Mario games and Mario products are made with the utmost quality so that the Mario universe can be successful and enjoyable, and I do hope for a promising future for the Mario Universe.

This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .
This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2001, 10:18:39 PM »
I'll be content with seeing Yoshi looking better and better :)

I'm hoping that someday two people will be able to play a Mario game and both play as Mario and Luigi, in one of those fully 3D games. Think Mario Sunshine with Luigi as the second player, helping Mario.

And one thing I really want to see, even more than Yoshi: The return of Koopa for a Mario Kart game. Or just Koopa being a playable character in anything for that matter!
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2001, 05:08:58 AM »
I and a friend of mine are working on some new concepts like Mario Chess and Mario Clue (etc....) and we're going to send them in ;)

I dunno why, but it sounds like fun and I wanted to hear other people's ideas, too.

~Just another pisanno.
 ~Just another pisanno.

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2001, 06:06:20 PM »
Ultimate Mario game: Mario and Luigi can both be selected, and there will some things only each character can get to, like in Jet Force Gemini. Mario will ride on Yoshi, and Luigi will ride on a red yoshi. (Since Mario is red and rides green) There is an actual "Toad". The Koopa kids will be in it, but they will be in their late teens, early twenties. There is also a subplot in which some of Bowser's workers try to help Peach escape without Bowser noticing. And although it is unlikely, Mario will visit lands and towns and stuff from other games, such as Nimbus land and stuff.

And another game: the original arcade games in 3D! But set in the past, at the time they happened, not a revisitation. Ex- Cranky is not old and crouched, and Mario wears his original clothes.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2001, 09:26:07 PM »
A Mario game in wich Mario, Luigi and other characters look just like they do in the cartoons or drawings. I think that's for sure.
And I hope Nintendo start caring more about we, the users, and start doing Mario games real Mario games againg, not just changing graphics of games so they can sell the game(like SMB2 -still a good one- and Tetris Attack).
That's all.

btw where did Deez take the 'show profile' button image from? that head doesn't appear in any mario game
With enough soap, you can blow nearly everything up.

Print