Print

Author Topic: New Mario TV series?  (Read 6610 times)

« on: March 30, 2005, 03:42:11 PM »
I mean if there was a new Mario tv series what should it be like? Anime? Comedy? Based on a game e.g Super Mario 64.

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 04:14:17 PM »
Anime, because only the Japanese could not screw it up.
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 04:37:20 PM »
Obviously you've never seen F-Zero GP Legend, Sonic X, and Kirby: Right Back at ya.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 04:37:47 PM »
Obviously you've never seen F-Zero GP Legend, Sonic X, and Kirby: Right Back at ya.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 04:44:29 PM »
Obviously, you've never seen F-Zero GP Legend, Sonic X and Kirby.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 05:11:26 PM »
I have!  And they were all disapointments!

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 05:38:13 PM »
Sonic X is okay.  If it weren't for bad voice selection and Chris hogging the spotlight, It would have been awsome.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 05:46:56 PM »
I've seen a couple episodes of Kirby, but I don't know enough about the game series to have been either disapointed nor impressed.  I did rather like the animation style, however, and if they were to make a new Mario show I would kind of like it to look similar.  And hopefully they'd get some good writers.  I mean, they don't have to be Emmy Winners or anything, but just not the same old guys who write Power Rangers and stuff.

To be honest, though, I'd rather see a Mario comic series than a Mario cartoon.  Comics give you alot more freedom than TV does.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

Edited by - kamikaze koopa on 3/31/2005 9:41:44 AM
-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 05:55:21 PM »
 All would pale in comparison to the Super Mario Brothers Super Show.

As such, no new cartoon will ever be created.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 06:00:49 PM »
If they ever do make a new Mario cartoon they'd better hire Charles Martinet instead of getting some idiot they already had with an awful Italian impersonation like they did for The Simpsons and Robot Chicken.

''I am feeling fat, and sassy!''

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 07:52:02 PM »
That would be a spendy but excellent idea.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 08:40:41 PM »
Kirby was good.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 09:47:35 PM »
I saw the Sonic show once. It is very cheesy. Almost as cheesy as the voices in Sonic Battle 2. So I guess if they were trying to be like the video game they did a good job.

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 10:05:18 PM »
I saw an episode of Kirby. It seemed like a good thing to watch if I were a few years younger.

And I liked the Mario cartoons by DiC. And the Sonic ones. I still can't believe Jaleel White (Urkel) did the voice of Sonic. Heh.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 10:29:02 PM »
They should make it like Donkey Kong Country, where it's animated and looks like the video game itself.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print