Print

Author Topic: More Revolutionary Wars.  (Read 6688 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: April 08, 2005, 11:18:15 PM »
I want to know what the revolution will look like! Will it play DVDs? CDs? GBA games? GameGube Games? If it doesn't play DVDs I'll be mad at Nintendo for choosing to fail and greatly succeeding.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 01:28:27 AM »
I think we'd all want to know what it looks like... however, there is a huge possiblity that it will play GCN games. However, if it is compatible with the Game Boy Player, then yes, it will play GBA. I also have a hunch that it could interact somehow with the DS...

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 09:12:20 AM »
Luigi Simpson, it has already been announced that the Revolution will be backwards compatible w/ GameCube games FOR SURE.

General chat, anyone?

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 09:46:23 AM »
It will most likely use HD-DVD format.  Sony and Microsoft may use Blu-ray.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 06:26:45 PM »
I doubt it will play DS games. You can't use the touch screen on the TV.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 08:36:56 PM »
Yeah, but with the DS issue, I was speaking more hopefully than anything else. Who knows what could happen...

Edited by - No-One on Whichever day that happens to be convenient for me at Whatever time I feel like it.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 10:59:37 AM »
DVD playing isn't important to me. If you really want to watch a DVD, but a DVD player.. jesus. I just want to play games...
200 characters and nothing to say.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 11:19:18 AM »
You're telling Jesus that you just want to play games and you don't even bother to capitalize his name.  Shame.

I agree that DVD play is not needed, but would be good for some people.  For example, a couple goes on vacation.  Hotel movies are expensive so they want to take a DVD player, but they don't have room for a DVD player and their game console.  He want the games.  She wants the movies.  If Nintendo added a DVD player they would be fine.  DVD playing consoles are also good for College students who are short on cash and space.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 04:50:07 PM »
I always hear that here!  If you want to watch DVDs, get a DVD player!  But still, not many others think alike.  Nintendo should make a DVD player built in, because if they stand by their total-gaming ideas then they will fall short of sales.  Sure even I disagree with it, but they should if they want it to sell.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 06:28:33 PM »
I hope that the Revolution WON'T have a DVD player installed within it. I don't buy game consoles to watch movies on them: I buy game consoles to play games on them. Having multiple functions is nice, but what about the pricetag? I don't have an unlimited amount of money. Perhaps if two different models of the Revolution were built, the problem would be solved? An economic one and an "all-in-one" version.

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 09:33:56 PM »
I'm talking about exactly what Suffix just said.....we don't want Nintendo to fall into what the other companies did, but it's what they should do, or they'll just be making one bad decision after another.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 10:41:21 PM »
All images are links. Most links lead to more pictures not included in this post.

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 09:21:58 AM »
Xbox 2 looks funny as heck.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2005, 02:50:55 PM »
If Nintendo does include a DVD player in the Revolution, then I hope they can make it so it DOES NOT ruin the lense. Sony made that mistake and the PS2 lense would wear out faster if you played DVD's on it because it had to refocus for it to work.

I think the X-Box 2 looks... interesting. I look the look of the PS3, though, and also the Revolution.

-----------------------------
General [plus] Mario [plus] Chat

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2005, 05:53:31 PM »
Uh, there's nothing wrong with a DVD-playing game console! If you don't want it to play DVDs, don't insert a DVD! But, I want it to play DVDs, so let's all shut up and wait for the Revolution!
By the look of the images, it looks like the Nintendo GameCylinder. Better than GameRectangularPrism, at least.
It's YOUR problem!

Print