Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario Popularity Problem  (Read 6812 times)

« on: February 18, 2001, 01:58:14 AM »
Hi all!
Hey, I hope you Americans people like Paper Mario, because if you don't, it's not fair on us. I live in Australia, and because of that, we miss out on many Mario games. You see, if you don't like a game, people couldn't be bothered to ship the game over here. America is one of the places where they see if a game goes OK or not. It has to be popular to bee shipped everywhere else. Because of that, you can buy any game you want, but we have to wait to see if you all like it (guess which country missed out on SMRPG *grumble...grumble...*). So please, buy 100,000 copies each and I'm sure they'll send it over here!
Insectice>:-)

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2001, 04:56:59 PM »
Dude!  Japan gets more games then us US people do for the same reason as yu said about austarlians.  FF 2 & 3, Sherlock Holmes, Earthbound, and Sweethome are all jap only games.  I must say that the austalians do get some games we US people don't get, HES games, Red Hood for one.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2001, 10:03:50 AM »
See Japan gets like all mario stuff. We keep r games they keep mario. We give r games to them they give mario to us.
Break me...I dare you.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2001, 10:04:03 AM »
See Japan gets like all mario stuff. We keep r games they keep mario. We give r games to them they give mario to us.
Break me...I dare you.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2001, 01:43:06 AM »
Hello all!
Yay! I'm saved! I rang up the Sales Department for Nintendo in Melbourne today, and Paper Mario is coming here for sure! It should get here in late March/April. Hey, lots of people hate this game because Mario is paper and they think it is childish. His name is still Mario, right? Why so angry? I just want to know, why is Mario paper? Maybe it needs a bigger games size....
Insectice>:-)

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2001, 01:37:35 PM »
I hate is cuz its too hard!  C'mon, RPGs are impossible!

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2001, 01:37:53 PM »
I think it has to do with the whole Pop-up book theme.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2001, 05:49:12 PM »
You're not alone InsectIce... I live in England, and we get games the same time as you (unless they're Pokémon games, when we get them half a year later than even you guys do)...

So I'm still pining for Paper Mario. But we didn't get SMRPG because of that whole fallout between Square and Nintendo... Unfair, isn't it :p
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2001, 06:00:01 PM »
Uk got Smurfs, Trolls in Crazyland, Elitem Parodius, and a few other NES games US people didn't get.  Not fair at all.  And Australia got a whole line of HES games for Nintendo.  True we got some of them, but some are HES exlusive.  Not fair again.  Mario RPG is only one games.  US people lost out on more games than you may expect.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2001, 06:07:25 PM »
Yes, but you don't seem to realise... we didn't get SMRPG... Waaaah! >_<

Oh, and our games are delayed by anywhere between a couple of months and a year. Anyone who spends their free time on the net knows everything about a game before they've even played it (unless you import it at a heinous cost)...
Webmaster

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2001, 07:43:47 PM »
yes, but I would trade you SMRPG for every uk/austarlian only game.

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2001, 04:52:42 AM »
Hardly a fair trade...

We also didn't get Earthbound here. The SNES one. That's two big Nintendo RPGs we've missed out on, and these are only the major titles. You just try playing StarFox under the title "Lylat Wars" - then you know true pain...
Webmaster

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2001, 06:00:37 AM »
I heard Elite was supposed to be pretty cool.  Unfortunatly I will never know since I live in the US.

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2001, 10:19:56 AM »
Stop complaning! Australia and Europe got Terranigma!! I would trade many of the mentioned games for an English ntsc version!!!

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2001, 02:43:20 PM »
Austalia and Europe get alot more exlusive games than they seem to think...

Print