Print

Author Topic: Magic:TG  (Read 12200 times)

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »
Says the only man on Earth to 100% The 4 Heroes of Light.

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 08:25:29 PM »
You're just jealous of my accomplishments and my post-facial hair.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 08:52:09 PM »
(He only had one Colossus, incidentally, and it wasn't hard to take him out before he could get enough mana to play it. Slivers, baby!)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2011, 06:37:32 PM »
I found out my local dollar store carries prepackaged variety packs of Magic cards. Ten cards a pack, so for three bucks I get the same number of cards I'd get for eight dollars if I bought regular packs, and they run across pretty much every set and rarity.

My brother and I each bought some and did a draft match. He got stomped pretty bad.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 12:29:33 PM »
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 (360) is half-price this week for Gold subscribers.

I like how that means it currently costs about a dollar more than a pack of actual Magic cards.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2011, 12:34:58 AM »
So now that I have a job and know people offline who play Magic, I've started buying cards again.

I haven't even gotten to play with the new stuff yet because my gaming group didn't meet last Saturday, but I already really like some of the neat stuff going on in Innistrad. I'm a fan of counterintuitive gameplay, so I like the whole "fill your graveyard with stuff" a lot of cards in the set are built around. (Especially considering what the Mythic Rare I pulled earlier does to counteract it.)

I haven't decided yet if the transforming cards are dumb or cool. What I do know is that until we start seeing some rulings on this stuff, I'm going to have a lot of fun abusing them with cards like Vesuvan Shapeshifter. Looks like they already have rules for it and I missed them. Regardless of that, based on a few of the ones I've pulled from boosters in the last couple of days, I'm going to tentatively say "they're cool."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:24:54 AM by WarpRattler »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 05:32:40 PM »
Continuing the trend of me spending far too much money on things I'm interested in (see: the rows of Xbox 360 games on my shelves):

I spent a hundred dollars on an Innistrad booster box (thirty-six packs, so $144 worth) when I got paid this past weekend. The cost is somewhat justifiable, since once the box arrives, I'm going to run a booster draft with my friends and make some of that money back.

And for more money-spending, the newest set, Dark Ascension, comes out at the beginning of February, and I plan on attending one of the prerelease events. It'll be my first time attending one of these events, and I'm pretty stoked for it, both because from what I've seen already of it, Dark Ascension is shaping up to be a pretty awesome set (just like Innistrad), and because the last time I went to a large gathering of like-minded people in real life was the Chicago Comic-Con, which I last attended a few years back, and it'll be nice to be back in my domain.

Print