Print

Author Topic: DKVine's Problem?  (Read 9304 times)

« on: January 12, 2006, 07:29:43 PM »
OK, before I start, I know that DKVine was discussed before, but I know that it was going off topic so I'll start a topic about the discussion.

Has anyone here been to DKVine? This place is anti-Mario. If you want to know what it's like, knock yourself out.

At least there's still some hope on the boards... I see some Mario fans still there.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 04:41:01 PM by Aarom11 »

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 07:42:50 PM »
DKvine brings up good points at times, but they're usually lost in a sea of flaming and insults. The only reason I'd ever consider joining the board is so I could talk with Lonic and Behonkiss since they seem like decent enough members.

I also hate thier rule of no one having the same avatar of another member. Seems absolutely dumb. Plus thier obsession with Arrested Development, Tony Danza and Rareware can sometimes get very annoying.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 07:45:03 PM »
At least I'm lucky that no one uses Mario's avatar!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 04:26:27 PM »
Hey, sorry for bumping this, but I want to adress that they always try to disprove opinions. I say I like Mario Kart: Double Dash and I get flamed. I don't see why they think that Nintendo are traitors.

And It's only getting worse! Go onb to page 2 and see more.

Here's what I mean. (Scroll close to the bottom and you'll see.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 04:40:17 PM by Aarom11 »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 07:49:03 PM »
It said I can't view the page because I'm not permitted by the forum to. Are they that stuck-up?
every

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 07:52:24 PM »
Well, first off, you voted twice on that thread. First you voted for Mario Kart DS on your SuperMario account and then Mario Kart: Double Dash!! on your Aarom11 account. Second, you have got to come out and give a reason to why you like it, don't just say you like it and then give out reasons why you like it after they bite your head off. Third, of coarse they whould say something if you said "I don't like Diddy Kong Racing". That whould be just like in the FF if someone were to say "I hated the original SuperMario Bros." or something like that.
Professional Paisano here

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 07:54:14 PM »
Whoa, Poop Dude, is it just me, or have you not posted for like 2 months?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 07:58:31 PM »
He did give a reason though...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 08:41:12 PM »
Yes, but after he said he liked MK:DD the most.

And LZR, have I really been gone for that long? 0_0

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 08:42:07 PM »
No, it's just him. ^_^
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 10:35:08 PM »
If someone came here and said "I hate Mario," I'd say, "Then why are you here? For the sole purpose to aggravate us? How does that benefit you?"

IMO, MKDS is the best Racing Game I've ever played. The stuff in the link was true, for the most part. Everything has eyes. Daisy's reatrdo catchphrases (Yoshi's 'Woo!' Bothered me, too). The title music was subpar, though I enjoyed the "Circuit" theme. Sorry to get off topic.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 07:28:35 AM »
*says "Hi, I'm Daisy" over 4654564256146878723 times*

If someone were to come here who dislikes Mario, I think it'd be alright, granted he/she were to give good valuble reasons and he/she didn't over repeat it like what Yoshi55 did with his over obsession of the NES and the 80's.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 09:30:46 AM »
Well, I'm definately I Mario fan, but I do have my fair share of Mario games I don't like, including Mario Tennis: Advance Tour (it combined the boringness of RPG with the difficulty of tennis). And I'm not 100% sure MK:DD counts as a racing game. It's more of a "special" or "wacky" racing game, like...uh, Wacky Races.

I also recently read the Yoshi55 was banned. Is that true?
every

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 10:21:28 AM »
Yes it's true Glorb. Good riddance I say.

I'm not permitted to use that board either. What's wrong with them?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 11:25:55 AM »
That's a bit strange. How can an IP be banned without the banners even knowing it? Here's probably what may have happened:

1. One of your relitives got themselves banned on the site.
2. One of the admins/mods here may be giving them IPs to ban (not saying any names. It's just a thought).
3. The have weird psycic powers to help them look through things. I don't know, I've ran out of ideas.

Print