Print

Author Topic: DKVine's Problem?  (Read 9308 times)

« on: January 12, 2006, 07:29:43 PM »
OK, before I start, I know that DKVine was discussed before, but I know that it was going off topic so I'll start a topic about the discussion.

Has anyone here been to DKVine? This place is anti-Mario. If you want to know what it's like, knock yourself out.

At least there's still some hope on the boards... I see some Mario fans still there.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 04:41:01 PM by Aarom11 »

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 07:42:50 PM »
DKvine brings up good points at times, but they're usually lost in a sea of flaming and insults. The only reason I'd ever consider joining the board is so I could talk with Lonic and Behonkiss since they seem like decent enough members.

I also hate thier rule of no one having the same avatar of another member. Seems absolutely dumb. Plus thier obsession with Arrested Development, Tony Danza and Rareware can sometimes get very annoying.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 07:45:03 PM »
At least I'm lucky that no one uses Mario's avatar!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 04:26:27 PM »
Hey, sorry for bumping this, but I want to adress that they always try to disprove opinions. I say I like Mario Kart: Double Dash and I get flamed. I don't see why they think that Nintendo are traitors.

And It's only getting worse! Go onb to page 2 and see more.

Here's what I mean. (Scroll close to the bottom and you'll see.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 04:40:17 PM by Aarom11 »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 07:49:03 PM »
It said I can't view the page because I'm not permitted by the forum to. Are they that stuck-up?
every

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 07:52:24 PM »
Well, first off, you voted twice on that thread. First you voted for Mario Kart DS on your SuperMario account and then Mario Kart: Double Dash!! on your Aarom11 account. Second, you have got to come out and give a reason to why you like it, don't just say you like it and then give out reasons why you like it after they bite your head off. Third, of coarse they whould say something if you said "I don't like Diddy Kong Racing". That whould be just like in the FF if someone were to say "I hated the original SuperMario Bros." or something like that.
Professional Paisano here

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 07:54:14 PM »
Whoa, Poop Dude, is it just me, or have you not posted for like 2 months?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 07:58:31 PM »
He did give a reason though...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 08:41:12 PM »
Yes, but after he said he liked MK:DD the most.

And LZR, have I really been gone for that long? 0_0

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 08:42:07 PM »
No, it's just him. ^_^

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 10:35:08 PM »
If someone came here and said "I hate Mario," I'd say, "Then why are you here? For the sole purpose to aggravate us? How does that benefit you?"

IMO, MKDS is the best Racing Game I've ever played. The stuff in the link was true, for the most part. Everything has eyes. Daisy's reatrdo catchphrases (Yoshi's 'Woo!' Bothered me, too). The title music was subpar, though I enjoyed the "Circuit" theme. Sorry to get off topic.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 07:28:35 AM »
*says "Hi, I'm Daisy" over 4654564256146878723 times*

If someone were to come here who dislikes Mario, I think it'd be alright, granted he/she were to give good valuble reasons and he/she didn't over repeat it like what Yoshi55 did with his over obsession of the NES and the 80's.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 09:30:46 AM »
Well, I'm definately I Mario fan, but I do have my fair share of Mario games I don't like, including Mario Tennis: Advance Tour (it combined the boringness of RPG with the difficulty of tennis). And I'm not 100% sure MK:DD counts as a racing game. It's more of a "special" or "wacky" racing game, like...uh, Wacky Races.

I also recently read the Yoshi55 was banned. Is that true?
every

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 10:21:28 AM »
Yes it's true Glorb. Good riddance I say.

I'm not permitted to use that board either. What's wrong with them?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 11:25:55 AM »
That's a bit strange. How can an IP be banned without the banners even knowing it? Here's probably what may have happened:

1. One of your relitives got themselves banned on the site.
2. One of the admins/mods here may be giving them IPs to ban (not saying any names. It's just a thought).
3. The have weird psycic powers to help them look through things. I don't know, I've ran out of ideas.

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 04:15:20 PM »
About my 2 accounts, Super Mario has been terminated.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 04:49:38 PM »
Simple solution.

If you don't like the community of a forum, stop posting there. I've done it several times. It isn't hard.

I can access the site just fine, although there's not much there that interests me.
~I.S.~

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 05:03:21 PM »
Simple solution.

If you don't like the community of a forum, stop posting there. I've done it several times. It isn't hard.

I can access the site just fine, although there's not much there that interests me.

Yeah, It's what I did.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 06:13:39 PM »
No, it's just him. ^_^

Really, I could have sworn...
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 06:14:58 PM »
Yeah... it was more like 10 days... XD

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 06:18:21 PM »
I also recently read the Yoshi55 was banned. Is that true?
Yes, thank goodness.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2006, 12:02:37 AM »
Well, I've registered to DKvine and can post from my school's computers. However, I'm still barred access from my home computer. Any way you can help me out Poop Dude?

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2006, 11:32:45 AM »
I'm not sure. Do you have AOL? If you do, then either download a new internet access program (which I'm not sure you can do, with you comp being prone to crashes and such) or else your stuck with only using your school computer.

What name did you register under, anyway?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 11:34:27 AM by Poop Dude »

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2006, 01:12:22 PM »
Never mind, I can go in now. But I'm not sure if I even want to post anymore since I read that welcome newbies thread in Completely relevant discussion and quite frankly, the members scare the crap out of me.

I registered under the same name I use here.

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 07:58:59 PM »
Here you go.

One of the admins sent me a PM saying I would get banned after I did one last post. He said the post can be one that's insulting. I was like WTD so I went for it. I took a shot. I wanted to finish my last post there with a few flames there. Don't fault me, I can get mad. I lost it there. Mr. Wiggles, you inspired me to write this in DKVine but most of those quotes are yours. Sorry, but I needed some more words to help the so-called arguement.

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 08:18:43 PM »
Well I can easily say I'm flattered that I inspired you to do such a thing. But the darndest thing, it's back to being barred access from my home computer again. Hopefully I can see it in the morning.

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 08:22:12 PM »
Yes, but I used most of your quotes you said about DKVine in the past. So it's like your words through my mouth. (Or keyboard.)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2006, 08:31:36 PM »
Wow, those people are really jerks. Aarom11, I can't believe they called you "********." :(
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2006, 08:34:51 PM »
I don't mind. As long as you didn't specify that it was me who said all that. I don't want to see a ton of PMs and hatemails from them the next day.

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2006, 08:42:11 PM »
Yeah, but a mod found out I was from TMK and now everyone there knows I'm from TMK. They said Mario's a bland Character. Miyamoto and Iwata have no legs. But I have a feeling that they won't come here.

Nice, They changed my avatar to a tree. I changed it back to Mario and they changed it back to the tree. I'm probably better not changing it back.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 08:50:09 PM by Aarom11 »

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2006, 09:16:37 PM »
Aw, I'd think they'd change it to Tony Danza's ugly mug or something.

Then again, you are the self proclaimed Tree Master.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2006, 01:43:09 AM »
Daaaaaaaaaaang. Don't they realize that Donkey Kong and Mario were created together, by the same guy? 2 games worth buying? What is that crap? Nintendo isn't as unsuccessful as some believe. The DS is doing better than the PSP, if I'm not mistaken. Nintendo's not going to make anything for anyone any time soon. They can fend for themselves.
So is Donkey Kong is Microsoft now? Going to be on the XBOX? I can see how greatly successful that'll be. Banjo Kazooie on XBOX 360... XD "Look at me, I'm an XBOX fan who plays the most violent FPS's and then switches to play a game where you collect jigsaw pieces!" Bano Kazooie's not a bad game by any means, I just don't see it doing well on shelves next to Halo.
I personally don't like the DKC series myself, but I'm not going to cuss people out for their opinions.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2006, 10:21:42 AM »
Well I finally got around to reading that thread. What doesn't surprise is thier continual attitude that Nintendo is going under despite thier monopoly on the handheld market with the DS and GBA.

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2006, 11:13:19 AM »
Yeah, I need someone to make a summary of this site. Since the one I posted on the forums is getting ignored.

Jake

• Mr. Manure
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2006, 09:09:30 AM »
Heh heh eh, Sean called you a d-head. Sorry, but it was kind of funny.

Either way, yeah, I agree with what Chiphead said. The point of a debate is that there going to dissagree on something. If you gave out your reasons for liking Double Dash!! (and didn't vote for a different game on your Aarom11 account, which you voted for Mario Kart DS on your SuperMario account) from the start, instead of just saying "I like MKDD! the most", it wouldn't turn into some big controversy.

And further more, now it just seems like you staying there to tick everyone off. If you can't take the fact that they dislike Nintendo, hate Miyamoto and Iwata and find Mario to be very bland (personally, I don't mind him too much, but he's definetly not my favorite in the Mario series :/ ), then why do you continue to stay? You don't see any DKU members coming over to say stuff like "mKdD!!!1!!11111111 sUx!!!?!!?!!?!??!?!?! a11z h@1L dKr!!??!?!!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!".

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2006, 01:25:29 PM »
That would actually be very funny. No let's take it beyond the forums. "WWE presents TMK vs DKU InVasion. Just like ours, only not as crappy. Live Sunday July whenever only on Pay Per View!"

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2006, 02:20:33 PM »
Heh heh eh, Sean called you a d-head. Sorry, but it was kind of funny.

Either way, yeah, I agree with what Chiphead said. The point of a debate is that there going to dissagree on something. If you gave out your reasons for liking Double Dash!! (and didn't vote for a different game on your Aarom11 account, which you voted for Mario Kart DS on your SuperMario account) from the start, instead of just saying "I like MKDD! the most", it wouldn't turn into some big controversy.

And further more, now it just seems like you staying there to tick everyone off. If you can't take the fact that they dislike Nintendo, hate Miyamoto and Iwata and find Mario to be very bland (personally, I don't mind him too much, but he's definetly not my favorite in the Mario series :/ ), then why do you continue to stay? You don't see any DKU members coming over to say stuff like "mKdD!!!1!!11111111 sUx!!!?!!?!!?!??!?!?! a11z h@1L dKr!!??!?!!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!".

Well apparently then Sean edited my post so it wouldn't make any sense.

Well Chiphead terminated my SuperMario account and told me to vote again with a new screen name.

Also, I always back it up, but then the admins pick on me and edit my posts. Or, they just say that my facts are opinions. :(
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 02:25:29 PM by Aarom11 »

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2006, 02:36:22 PM »
The exact same thing happened to me on the Super Mario Portal forums. :'(
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2006, 04:28:56 PM »
Yeah, but a mod found out I was from TMK and now everyone there knows I'm from TMK. They said Mario's a bland Character.

"...See me in GameSpot and TMK! I go under the name Aarom11 on TMK and Aarom12 on GameSpot."
Well, it's a mystery....
For the most part, DKVine's an okay site, and there's not many more problems there than here...Looks like you joined just to bother them about liking Mario Kart DD more than DKR. IT'S A DONKEY KONG FORUM. Thats where the fans of Donkey Kong are. Why would they just let you insult their favorite game like that?

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2006, 06:01:07 PM »
"...See me in GameSpot and TMK! I go under the name Aarom11 on TMK and Aarom12 on GameSpot."
Well, it's a mystery....
For the most part, DKVine's an okay site, and there's not many more problems there than here...Looks like you joined just to bother them about liking Mario Kart DD more than DKR. IT'S A DONKEY KONG FORUM. Thats where the fans of Donkey Kong are. Why would they just let you insult their favorite game like that?

Yeah, The admins ruined my time there. Editing my posts. You know, this wasn't my fault in the first place. Chiphead edited my post and then acted that I wanted to flame. He said for me to reveal my other accounts on other forums or be banned. Well, I liked that site, Chiphead just bullied me. He INTENTIONALLY made my post a post that was going to flame on PURPOSE. I tried to talk my way out, but then it was EDITED AGAIN. I swear, he needs to stop editing my posts and making me look like a troll. I said I liked DKR but then he made me say I hated it. Since I can't do anything, I decided to flame due to a PM he sent me. It said that He'll always make me look like a mean person and he won't stop.

You won't believe what he'll try to do to humiliate me.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 06:10:07 PM by Aarom11 »

Print