Print

Author Topic: Downhill?  (Read 17695 times)

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2006, 04:40:02 PM »
Please read the rules.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2006, 04:56:26 PM »
Even though I agree that violent games are overpowering Nintendo and co., I certainly don't agree with the nonsense that says the video game system caused someone to play San Andreas and go kill people, including themselves. Even if they try to sue Sony or Microsoft, I believe that is uncalled for. The game didn't make them do it! Neither did the company who made the console!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2006, 05:19:46 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2006, 06:34:53 PM »
Because they're important!! XD
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2006, 07:20:07 PM »
I meant for who is he addressing that message too.

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2006, 07:20:55 PM »
Mechakoopa violated the sig rules.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2006, 10:55:05 AM »
What's the sig rule?
every

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2006, 01:41:30 PM »
From memory, the sig rules are no pictures and no sigs more than 2 lines.

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2006, 05:41:57 PM »
Why:

1. Do people hate Mario Sunshine?
2. Do people hate SM64DS?
3. Bash Mario spin-offs?
4. Complain about characters such as Petey Piranah?
5. Biggest Question : Why do people hate Mario Party?

These are the things I always hear when I hear Mario games going downhill.

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2006, 12:47:14 AM »
This is my set of answers... they're probably wrong.

1. Because, well, Sunshine in a name sounds kinda kiddy... and there's already an anti-Mario.
2. I hope not. It's one of my favourite games.
3. There's too many... *Is swamped by spinoffs*
4. He's being slightly overused? I dunno... I personally have no qualms with PP.
5. See question three. Besides, the whole series doesn't change much. There are different stories, though, I suppose... and it's an awesone multiplayer game.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2006, 01:18:24 AM »
My long, opinion answers.

1. In my opinion, the plot was pretty bad. If you recall the discussion, Peach was "surprised" that Bowser Jr. was her son. What is that? She doesn't know whether or not she and Bowser had a kid? I think you'd know. It could've been a whole lot better if Shadow Mario weren't Bowser Jr., but Mario's counterpart from a parallel dimension, with Corona Mountain as the portal to that dimension, and you even get to see Shadow Peach, maybe have Shadow Mario work for Shadow Bowser... I'm making this all up as I type it, you know.

2. Why would anyone hate such a great game? It's DS seller #1! It's one of the best games ever, remade after 8 years, with characters we made so many rumors looking for, a slightly better plotline if you ask me, more stuff to do, the best minigames I've ever seen (not like plain boring minigames you'd expect to be added to an adventure). SM64DS gets an A+.

3. Yep, too many. Except Mario Kart, that can stay. They'd probably be better if they were all online.

4. Slightly?! WAAAAY overused. I'm waiting for Petey Piranha to become one of your freakin' partners in the next RPG!!! It was a bit disappointing that the trophy scene in MKDD had to be SMSu themed again.

5. I don't "hate" Mario Party. I just don't see the need to own more than one--pick the one with your favorite minigames/boards and that should satisfy you. It IS an awesome multiplayer game. When Bowser's head explodes in Bowser's Bigger Blast in MP4, it's a pretty hilarious visual. Mario Party is altogether a great series... if it were less of a series.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2006, 09:16:26 AM »
1. I don't really know why people hate it. Never really played it (except a long time ago in demo) and it seemed interesting.

2. I got to borrow my friend's DS and SM64DS, and I was addicted. Like BP said, great mini games, goo story line, all interesting.

3. I admire some of the spin-offs, such as the Kart series, DDR, and others, but I do long for a good Mario game, like an original side-scroller for the Cube.

4. I don't know. I forget who Petey Pirahna is. (I feel so stupid). XD

5. I'm sure everyone will say there's too many. Maybe if each one from now on had more different ways to play, they wouldn't seem too similar and boring. I like them for when you have friends over or on a rainy day.

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2006, 10:20:17 AM »
1. The levels in Sunshine barely changed. Every one was just a tropical area. No differntiation gets old.

2. The controls for the DS could be better, and the minigames are funner than the main game.

3. Too many.

4. It was a lame charecter to begin with, and didn't have a big role in Sunshine.

5. Just more of the same.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2006, 10:22:52 AM »
Why:

1. Do people hate Mario Sunshine?
2. Do people hate SM64DS?
3. Bash Mario spin-offs?
4. Complain about characters such as Petey Piranah?
5. Biggest Question : Why do people hate Mario Party?

These are the things I always hear when I hear Mario games going downhill.

Dude, do you realize you asked these exact same questions 6 months ago?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2006, 01:47:10 PM »
Dude, do you realize you asked these exact same questions 6 months ago?

Yeah, but I want opinions from the new members.

Aren't you guys sick of people bashing Mario these days? I sure am so I want several answers.

Print