Print

Author Topic: Downhill?  (Read 17708 times)

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2006, 06:30:19 PM »
Want to know what I'm sick of?...

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2006, 06:47:57 PM »
Mario will go "downhill" when the earth explodes. I mean, no Earth means no Mario, right?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2006, 06:54:20 PM »
Want to know what I'm sick of?...

What?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »
I don't know what you're talking about when you say people hate SM64DS. It was a huge uphill for Mario, really. The controls aren't super smooth, but they're not broken either. The mini games are addicting and really show what kinds of things the DS can do, the "unlock characters" part of the plot was really nice. The graphics were even improved for whoever cares. Mario's running movements are more realistic, the colors were rearranged, the enemies look a bit better (the goombas being the proper shape, the crown added to King Whomp, Bowser was completely deformed in the original). The pixels are more visible and less blurry, an improvement/deprovement based on opinion. The sound quality is higher, you gotta love the surround. Then there's the fact that it's portable! Super Mario 64 DS is the last game I'd expect someone to hate.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2006, 10:03:47 AM »
How can visible pixels be better? Don't you want smooth looking areas?

The charecters look a bit better, but they're still blocky. Bowser seems to be the only real improvement.
Senior Mariology professor

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2006, 04:03:24 PM »
Bowser's voice sure isn't an improvement in SM64DS. Have you heard his laugh you get when you try to open a door you can't access yet?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2006, 04:53:34 PM »
Voices almost never improve.

Wario in Double Dash....

Oh that's terrible...
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2006, 06:34:33 PM »
Why:

1. Do people hate Mario Sunshine?
2. Do people hate SM64DS?
3. Bash Mario spin-offs?
4. Complain about characters such as Petey Piranah?
5. Biggest Question : Why do people hate Mario Party?

These are the things I always hear when I hear Mario games going downhill.

These are all my answers, all in my opinion..

1. It felt like a game that starred Mario, not a Mario game. You get it? Kind of like how SMB2 was just a game that plugged in the Mario characters.. It had Mario in it, but did not feel like a Mario game.

2. I have not played SM64DS, so I can not answer this question.

3. Usually because there's so many of them (at least 7 different Mario Parties**) or the game cheats (Mario Baseball Pirahna Plant game..)
or because they hate the character selection ("<insert name of hated character here> was a poor choice!")

4. I personally hate Petey just because he was a boss in one game, suddenly Nintendo thinks they should use him as a playable character.

5. See # 3..

**Please note: I am not bashing the Mario Parties when I say that. I enjoy all of them because the mini-games and features are all different. I wouldn't play MP6 if it was the same as MP1..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2006, 07:29:52 PM »
theres nine marioparties so far. WAY too much
Uh oh! Baby Wuigi time!

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2006, 08:46:26 PM »
Hudson, Mario Party's creator, has some market loss and I heard they need a lot of money. You know what they need to do to get money. There is nothing wrong with Mario Party.

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2006, 09:01:52 PM »
isnt hudson bomberman's creator?
they should sell more bomberman games to save themselves (or help) from market loss. bombwerman was fun as heck (especially the last one for ds) and create a wifi bomberman. theres a little too much mario party games, they should try different stuff too...
Uh oh! Baby Wuigi time!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2006, 09:21:05 PM »
Well, there are more ways to make money than Mario Party. Hudson could make a whole new kind of game. Instead of desperately putting out the same concept so frequently, they should take their time and make a really good game that will sell really good. If they applied themselves, they could develop a Mario RPG. Square's done it, Intelligent Systems did it, Alphadream formed just to make M&L:SS. And they could, it doesn't have to wait for the Revolution.
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2006, 01:54:16 AM »
Hudson got bought out by Konami last year.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2006, 02:32:45 AM »
Oh.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2006, 11:10:38 PM »
Why:

1. Do people hate Mario Sunshine?
2. Do people hate SM64DS?
3. Bash Mario spin-offs?
4. Complain about characters such as Petey Piranah?
5. Biggest Question : Why do people hate Mario Party?

These are the things I always hear when I hear Mario games going downhill.
I hate to bump this, but I felt the need to express my opinions concerning Arom11's questions.
1. I don't hate it, but it's not a favorite of mine either.  The Piantas kind of creep me out, Ill Piantissimo was annoying, and not enough variety
2. I've never played SM64DS so I can't answer that, but I've heard lots of good things about it.
3. Too many perhaps?  But I love the Mario Kart games.  They are the best racers IMO.  MK64 was one of the games that really got me into video games.
4. Characters like Petey Piranha are overused and weren't all that great to be begin with.  I don't mind Petey Piranha, but those bikini panties creep me out.
5. I've only played a store demo of a Mario Party game, so I can't say much.  However, I think the Mario Party games should be like the Mario Karts and be limited to one game per console.  You know, so it doesn't get repetative.
Again, I appologize for bumping.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print