Poll

Which series do you like more?

Mario
19 (70.4%)
Zelda
8 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Print

Author Topic: Mario vs. Zelda  (Read 9474 times)

« on: March 23, 2006, 05:15:42 PM »
Yippie. Here comes a shot at a thread with a competition. Mario vs. Zelda.

You know the drill. Vote for your favorite.

Also, don't give me this "It's a Mario site." look. Mario may be the subject here, but Zelda is a legendary series. (Hence the name Legend of Zelda.) Also, I will not allow a both option so no one can sucker out of voting. You must choose one or the other.

As for me, take a guess.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 05:36:31 PM »
After facing 2 level-9-cpu players on SSBM, Link won.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 06:24:58 PM »
I'm not going to give you any "It's a Mario site" stuff. I personally voted for Mario, but Zelda is definitely 2nd, just after playing OoT. Now Kirby is 3rd.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 06:27:45 PM »
You must choose one or the other.

That's wrong. You can't make me vote!
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 06:46:31 PM »
Party pooper.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 07:03:32 PM »
That's like asking my favorite kid; I don't have one.

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 07:49:31 PM »
Wow, tough choice there. I ended up voting for Mario, but Zelda is a close second, then the Metroid games...then Kirby...then Final Fantasy....yeah.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 08:02:30 PM »
Mario will always be number 1 in my book. In fact, I don't even like Zelda that much, compared to other video game characters. Kirby comes in 2nd, then Sonic at 3rd......I guess. There are so many characters, I just can't think if them all at the moment.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 08:28:45 PM »
I've played a little bit of Zelda, and it wasn't that great, for me. 
I prefer the Mario style type games, because to me they have better plots.
No offense to anyone out there.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 08:58:03 PM »
That's just because you were playing the beginning. When the bomb-throwing and arrow-shooting kick in, it gets more fun.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 09:11:34 PM »
Ok, so I never got past the beginning, I still like Mario better.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 09:15:49 PM »
I liked the Nintendo Power article about this subject in issue 200. One really good argument supporting Mario was that Zelda games come out only about once every four or five years. I mean, how many times are you going to see something like Zelda Kart? Never.

But, I still love Zelda games more, I have to admit. Probably because of how each game is ground breaking when it comes to gaming.

Hah, but imagine Zelda Kart...shooting arrows and boomerangs, instead of koopa shells and banana peels.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 09:20:43 PM »
That would be pretty cool.  I still don't think it would be the same as Mario, but it would still be cool.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 10:01:13 PM »
Actually, I was kind of joking about Zelda Kart; in reality it would be awful. Zelda does not need any spinoffs. As far as I'm concerned, Four Swords was a far enough stretch from the series.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 10:38:45 PM »
Ugh, the worst image just popped into my head: Zelda Party.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 11:52:13 PM »
Zelda Party? That's just plain freaky. And I shall not vote. *thinks again* But to think of Zelda Party, Link and Zelda could get their voices back!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 06:31:49 PM »
I enjoy both.  They both trirumph the other in diffrent reasons.  So different that favorite wise, they're tied, so I'm not voting.  I have some fond childhood memories with SMW, but I've been an avid Zelda fan longer.

A Zelda chariot racer sounds kind of cool.  But NO!  No spin-offs for that series!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 06:45:58 PM »
ReDead Wrestling.

XD
Thank you for rescuing us, Geno! But there is another Star Piece in another land.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 07:15:54 PM »
Ugh... the very thought... Dead Hand does some arms-wrestling. Gibdo's arms rot and break off.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »
Mario, definitely. I don't have anything against Zelda - I used to own the first Zelda game and I want to get it again - but Mario is probably my favorite video game theme of all time (Sonic and Kirby also rank very high).
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »
I liked the Nintendo Power article about this subject in issue 200. One really good argument supporting Mario was that Zelda games come out only about once every four or five years. I mean, how many times are you going to see something like Zelda Kart? Never.

Also in the NP mag they mentioned that the Zelda series were works of art and each one should take a long time because they are so great.  I mean, look at Twilight Princess!  Personally, I think that both series are great.
-------------

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 08:22:13 PM »
anyway...
-------------

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 11:46:29 PM »
ReDead Wrestling.

XD

If AKI corp. is the one that develops it, I'd so buy it.

As for the question at hand, I can't make a fair choice since I haven't played many Zelda games and I'm not going to base my entire opinion on Wind Waker. I'll wait till I can snag the collecter's edition from my good buddy and when Twilight Princess comes out.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 12:18:34 AM »
I like Mario's full series more than Zelda's full series, but I prefer the original LoZ over DK/DKJr/MB. I voted for Mario, purely because Mario has Mario Kart DS on it's side. Trust me, it was a tough decision.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 12:15:51 PM »
Mine was a no-brainer.  Zelda isn't my favorite at all.  Well it's better than Sonic for me, but I think Kirby is better.  No offense to anyone, Zelda isn't that good to me.  Mario is the greatest though.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2006, 12:26:39 PM »
Well, yeah, because you're more into the action type of games. Zelda gets more action later, but it's mostly the plot.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2006, 03:59:17 PM »
Yeah, I just hate how when you say that you don't like Zelda, fanboys will come out and attack you. I saw once on Nintendo's forums that someone didn't like Zelda and was flamed. Even for having good reasons to back him up.

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2006, 06:48:26 PM »
I don't know how many of you have read the Redwall series, but they work the same way.  I couldn't get into the first one, but when I did, it was a real work of art.  Lots of things are that way.
-------------

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 07:54:03 PM »
Yeah, I just hate how when you say that you don't like Zelda

It might because I haven't really played it.  The reason why is because the part that I did play was really boring.  That might be because it was the beginning. :P

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2006, 12:46:10 PM »
I think you'd like the Shadow Temple. You almost die like, everyewhere. It's almost demented.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2006, 02:21:46 PM »
I might.  It matters if it's a lot better than the beginning.

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2006, 03:03:46 PM »
It might because I haven't really played it.  The reason why is because the part that I did play was really boring.  That might be because it was the beginning. :P

Did you read the other part of my post?

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 09:27:57 PM »
Yeah, but I didn't think it was important, till ummm you told me to read it.
And I still dont get it, Ohhhh.  IT'S A THREAT!!! I see how it is, just because I dont like Zelda. :(

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2006, 10:30:01 PM »
No. He's saying how he hates it when people get yelled at for saying they don't like things.
It's YOUR problem!

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2006, 04:21:51 PM »
Mario PWNS
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2006, 05:46:10 PM »
What are you doing? That's the 3rd topic you've bumped today!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2006, 07:44:31 PM »
At least it's a relevant post.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2006, 08:31:09 PM »
Well, I love Zelda for its epic plots, and I love Mario for its many main stream characters and its genre variety.  I'm still not voting cause choosing between Mario and Zelda would be like choosing between my two beloved house cats.

(observation:  Mario and Zelda seem to have the same basic plot skeleton: save the princess from the evil monster.)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2006, 10:03:55 PM »
This is hard.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2006, 04:55:57 PM »
Another one!? This has gotten out of hand....

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2006, 05:00:21 PM »
*slams head on keyboard in fusteration again*
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2006, 09:38:11 AM »
I am a fan of both, though I prefer Mario. I can play Mario games for hours on end, but I ususally have to play Zelda games in small incremints. Missing slight details and having to go all the way back through dungeons gets frustrating.
I'll think of a better signature later!

Print