Print

Author Topic: Mario the enemy?!?!?!?  (Read 3850 times)

« on: June 02, 2000, 04:33:38 PM »
Okay I think Mario might be an ememy.  He hogs all the action from Luigi.  Hes lazy and I like Luigi better.  And Luigi gets in almost nothing because of "fat overalls with a m on his hat" boy.  He just  makes me mad.  And I think Paper Mario looks really crappy.  Nintendo needs to make Luigi have his own seires(mario is missing doesn't count)and the big N needs better games instead of 2D meets 3D and such.  This is just my opinion but I just like Luigi better and he doesn't get as much stuff.

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2000, 07:15:32 PM »
Mario isn`t THAT bad. Afterall, he lives in a little one room house and has to run around a lot to save Peach. Even though Luigi wasn`t in Mario64 or MarioRPG, that means more work for Mario. Mario was a bad guy in DK Junior. In advertisements, they emphasized his handlebare mustache to make him look more like Sniddly Wiplash.

Yo`ster B.
I`m starting a line for Paper Mario down at the Electronics Boutique tomorrow. I`ll see you there.
*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2001, 05:23:02 AM »
I Don't Look Crappy!!

Dear God! Im flat!
Hello.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2002, 12:56:19 PM »
Luigi may have not been in Super Mario 64 for N64,Mario's Time Machine for NES/SNES,or Super Mario RPG for SNES,but neither could you control Mario in Mario Is Missing for NES/SNES or Luigi's Mansion for Nintendo Gamecube.  And Mario does not hog all the action,you can beat SMB and SMW using only Luigi(if Luigi reaches Bowser's Castle first or if Mario dies).  You're forgetting something:"Super Mario Bros", Mario is Mario and Luigi's last name,meaning that in SMB,Luigi was Mario's Partner,not Mario's sidecick.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2002, 03:34:02 PM »
Nathan, stop now before you get yourself hurt.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2002, 06:55:58 PM »
If anoyone should be worried about getting hurt,it is you!  Now leave me alone!

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2002, 07:26:58 PM »
well, in that case if u argue that Sonic is just like mario, sure they both can be played at once but they are both partners.  And what about all the other video game mascots, do they even HAVE partners?

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2002, 08:47:59 PM »
Well, if Luigi is your favorite, go here:

http://classicgaming.com/tmk/board/forum.asp?forum_id=533&forum_title=General+Luigi+chat

Eeeeettts a me! Baby Mario! Honk Honk Honk!

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2002, 09:01:55 AM »
Juat out of curiosity,what exactly are you talking about?

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2002, 09:49:37 AM »
Sonic the Hedgehog has nothing to do with Mario (or Luigi!) By the way, other videogame mascots DO have partners.

Sonic is with Tails and Knuckles; Crash Bandicoot is with his sister Coco; and Mario is with his brother Luigi and their pet dinosaur Yoshi!

And about the Luigi issue, Mario has allowed plenty of time for Luigi to gain the recognition he deserves. He has been with Mario ever since the days of Super Mario Bros. The only reason Luigi was absent from Super Mario 64 and Super Mario RPG is because he was sick in the hospital (that's my theory...)!

In Super Mario Land 2, Luigi couldn't be there because he was dating Princess Daisy (of Sarasaland)!

And the only reason Mario didn't let Luigi join him in Paper Mario was because he thought he was too much of a wimp!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSFT: Nintendo is so old, you should retire! You will fall to the wrath of Microsoft!

NINTENDO: Well, at least WE know how to make good games! Long live Nintendo!

SONY: I like cheese...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2002, 03:30:55 PM »
Yoshi is not Mario and Luigi's pet. The reason Luigi wasn't in SMRPG is because his moves are the same as Mario's so there's no reason to put him on your team. He wasn't in SM64 because the didn't have enough space on the cartridge, otherwise they would have put him in a Mini-game. And besides, Peach only invited Mario, not Mario and Luigi.

Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of heaven, you can justify it in the end. There won''t be any trumpets blowing come the judgement day. On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2002, 11:37:19 AM »
Mario was an enemy. In Donkey Kong Jr.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2002, 10:24:46 AM »
That was just a creative theory that ties along with the story! Don't you have any imagination? You're too serious about this, just be creative for once...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSFT: Nintendo is so old, you should retire! You will fall to the wrath of Microsoft!

NINTENDO: Well, at least WE know how to make good games! Long live Nintendo!

SONY: I like cheese...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2002, 03:34:08 PM »
Who, me?

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2002, 07:08:17 PM »
TRM,I too hate Mario.He hogs the spot light and all.They should have a game called "Kill Mario".Hehe,Kill Mario.The rest like Luigi should have the lime light.I Hate Mario!!

Power of the Darkside.Real name is Evan.
Don''t you think I''m a newbie!I,Darkside,have been here ever since January!
       -Darkside

Print