Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1718591 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6765 on: June 13, 2010, 08:50:20 PM »
There's a huge difference between formulating an opinion on something based on how it looks (which is by and large a horrible way to judge things) and making sweeping claims about its quality and the reason for its popularity while not having actually exposed yourself to it.

(Incidentally, your argument for Godzilla being a good movie fell apart the instant you compared it to Independence Day, another bad movie.)

« Reply #6766 on: June 14, 2010, 01:27:45 AM »
Independence Day had Will Smith. Godzilla wasn't so lucky.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6767 on: June 14, 2010, 08:48:52 AM »
Sigh, you guys.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6768 on: June 14, 2010, 11:51:46 AM »
Well, at least I'm not the one being called out for judging book covers for once.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6769 on: June 16, 2010, 03:36:01 PM »
ARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!  One of my sandals just came apart.  With my very wide feet and high arches I have a hard time finding shoes so I went online to see about buying another pair since these were so comfortable and lasted several years.  Turns out the company went under a couple of years ago and were supposed to go to Florida in two days.  Arrgh!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6770 on: June 16, 2010, 05:23:06 PM »
That completely sucks. I feel I lost my creativity even further than I had imagined. After thinking about it, I never really had any creativity, I'm just very linear.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6771 on: June 16, 2010, 05:43:46 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6772 on: June 17, 2010, 03:21:24 PM »
I can't say it's a surprise, but http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-460996?hpt=T1 is disappointing.  Also it seems we can't get a refund unless the beach closes. So far it seems they close the water, but not the beach.  Oh well, I guess there's other things do to for a week in Fort Walton Beach. 

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6773 on: June 17, 2010, 03:48:36 PM »
I finally finished my Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Hypermode run today, only to discover I'm still missing two Gold Credits.  As far as I can tell, I missed a couple of Phaazoids somewhere. 

I really don't want to play through that whole game again.  It was bad enough that I had to do a second run to get the Hypermode boss Credits.

My compulsion to get 100% is conflicting with my compulsion to actually enjoy the video games I play.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #6774 on: June 17, 2010, 04:25:17 PM »
My computer a splode, and while I'm waiting to get a replacement CPU I'm borrowing a computer from a friend. This has given me an opportunity to truly appreciate how good having a multi-core processor is.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6775 on: June 20, 2010, 01:05:08 PM »
My sweater is gone, where did my sweater go?

« Reply #6776 on: June 20, 2010, 08:35:21 PM »
Here it is!

My daughter took her first steps by herself today, but all attempts to get her to repeat the act have been unsuccessful. If we let go of her hands while she's walking with us, she just drops to the floor and pouts.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #6777 on: June 22, 2010, 08:09:26 PM »
I bought a few games from GameStop, and I had a been jipped. I bought Wario Ware D.I.Y. new, and so I was expecting a sealed copy naturally but... it was like used condition even to the point of missing the Club Nintendo booklet. I left a survey (I feel bad for their editors!). I'm discontinuing all of my future purchases from GameStop, after I go back demanding a refund, or an even exchange tomorrow. From now on, it's Play N Trade all the way.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6778 on: June 22, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »
Well, you don't have to work too hard to find GameStop, but their stores don't typically have chimneys, so that part might be tricky.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6779 on: June 22, 2010, 09:52:36 PM »
GameStop hasn't sold "new" sealed copies of games in a long time. Everything "new" there now is pre-unwrapped.
That was a joke.

Print