Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1271508 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3840 on: November 18, 2008, 05:27:47 PM »
World Tour get! However, the guitar was having some weird problem when I gave it a shot this morning, strumming intermittently without my consent. When my brother tried it later it was fine, so... we'll see. Cool drums, though!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3841 on: November 18, 2008, 11:08:45 PM »
I'm gonna play it at my friend's house once he gets it.

Meanwhile, I've been sampling L4D single-player. It's fleshed out enough that it feels like a real game, and not just multiplayer with bots, though it's still a bit...empty feeling to me. Not to mention the end-chapter assaults are hard as crap with the miserable AI backing you up. Hunters I can deal with, but Smokers constantly pulling me (and they seem to focus more on me) and Boomers spawning left and right, as well as Tanks popping up with unholy frequency (which is to say, more than once a chapter), are more of a challenge when I can't tell one of my dudes to stop what they're doing for a sec because my freaking skull's getting chomped on by roughly 20 zombies while a Smoker holds me up like a pinata. Really, Valve should've put in a quicksave in single player. It's common courtesy.

However, I did manage to rack up a few achievements to impress the ladies once I venture out into the online abyss.
every

« Reply #3842 on: November 19, 2008, 07:15:37 PM »
I'm happy that I received an A- on my psychological profile on Richard III for Shakespeare class. Woo!

« Reply #3843 on: November 20, 2008, 05:44:51 PM »
I'm happy'ish that managed to track down 5 Count Bleck remixes, and a decent Bleck/Tippi Wallpaper for my PS3. XD

As much as I loved the lemmings theme, It was time...For Count Bleck! :D

All worlds shall soon be ruled by the one...Count Bleck!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3844 on: November 21, 2008, 01:37:25 PM »
My PS3 wallpaper is a shot of the Earth rise from the moon as photographed by an Apollo (17?) mission.  I'm hopeful that we will be going back to the moon and to Mars soon.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3845 on: November 27, 2008, 07:24:11 PM »
Well, I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving, but that is not the point of this post. What I came to say was that just yesterday I received a two-month-late birthday gift from my aunt.

F-Zero was unopened... until I opened it. To heck with collector's value, I intend to play my games.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #3846 on: November 28, 2008, 12:15:10 AM »
I won a 3DO off eBay today, this will be an awesome christmas. :D
Ditto used Machop!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3847 on: November 28, 2008, 12:36:04 AM »
Awesome for awesomely bad games.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3848 on: November 28, 2008, 12:42:01 AM »
You callin' AVP a bad game?
every

« Reply #3849 on: November 28, 2008, 08:38:29 AM »
well, The Angry Video Game Nerd pretty much does...:P
All worlds shall soon be ruled by the one...Count Bleck!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3850 on: November 28, 2008, 10:28:45 AM »
My Okami covers finally came!

Also I got Blast Works and TOS:DOTNW for my birthday.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #3851 on: November 28, 2008, 10:35:55 AM »
Camp was one of the most fun things ever (besides people mixing me up with my younger sister, who is tall and who people happen to think is my twin)!!1
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3852 on: November 28, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »
I have finally became The Guy.

I can't believe there is a boss rush mode.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3853 on: November 30, 2008, 09:19:12 AM »
I'm only missing a handful of Pokémon in Pearl. Seriously. This is all I'm missing.

Mew
Lugia
Celebi
Zangoose
Jirachi
Shaymin
Arceus

Of course getting those last two are completely out of the question. Still, considering that I don't have wi-fi (or internet in general), I think I'm doing pretty darn good.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3854 on: November 30, 2008, 03:10:09 PM »
Good luck, but be warned: completing the Pokedex will leave you with an empty feeling ;)
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print