Print

Author Topic: E3 2006 prediction thread  (Read 8635 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: April 29, 2006, 12:15:11 PM »
I'm thinking something like this might be fun to do. What do you think we'll see at the big show this year?

Wii
Smash Bros.
No Mario platformer shown

Nintendo DS
Mario Party
Zelda title

GameCube
Zelda: Twilight Princess (duh)

Well that's all I can think of right now.

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 12:22:15 PM »
There is many more Wii titles that will be shown, I'm sure. Super Mario 128, Zelda, Metroid, etc. Mario Party for DS looks pretty kool. When will it be released?

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 12:28:46 PM »
I'm not sure about Smash Bros. Production did just start last year in May, but they did use tools left over from Melee, so that's a booster...

Source
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 12:31:02 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 12:57:03 PM »
Wii
Super Smash Bros. Mayhem
Super Mario 128
Metroid Prime 3
Animal Crossing
Sadness
Red Steel
Bob Ross Painting

Nintendo DS
New Super Mario Bros
Wario Land 5
Tingle RPG

Gamecube
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
That new Kirby game
Some random last game no one will care about that goes overlooked
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 01:38:17 PM »
NSMB? Still, you think? When is E3 going to be, anyway? I sure wish I could go... bring back good reports, whoever is. And take lots of pictures, please oh please.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 01:53:22 PM »
The Bob Ross game is only in planning stages... I don't even know if the developers have a dev kit yet...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 02:13:36 PM »
Wii
SSB3
Super Mario 128
Red Steel
Metroid Prime 3
Animal Crossing

DS
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS(?)

GCN
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 02:33:23 PM »
Oh man, if Wario Land 5 isn't there, I might explode because that means no screens or updates.
List:

Wii
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario 128 (Hope.)

DS
Wario the Treasure Thief (Temp name for Wario Land 5)
Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
Mario Party DS (Would rock.)
Tingle RPG
New Super Mario Bros. (Seriously needs a new name.)

NGC
3D Kirby (Oh man do I want this.)
I'm a horrible person.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 02:38:08 PM »
Gamecube
Some random last game no one will care about that goes overlooked
Good call.

Yeah, New SMB for sure. Red Steel very likely.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 03:10:13 PM »
Wii
Star Tropics 3

(not really, but that would make me very happy)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 04:37:21 PM »
How did we all forget about Earthbound 2?
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 04:57:20 PM »
We also forgot about Mario Basket 3-on-3.

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 05:11:14 PM »
The Bob Ross game is only in planning stages... I don't even know if the developers have a dev kit yet...

Aw dang, and that was my most anticipated game for the Revo..er...Wii. I want to paint trees dang it :(

How did we all forget about Earthbound 2?

Probably because it'll most likely never make it here.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 07:49:38 PM »
I want them to announce Deep Labyrinth for the USA.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 06:19:37 PM »
I'd like to see a new Fire Emblem, or even better, a remake of one of the old Fire Emblems.

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »
...or if they just released Funin no Tsuuragi (aka the one that star's Roy that came out before the subtitleless one).

The old Fire Emblems will probably just be released through the Virtual Console.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 12:11:41 AM »
  • Violations of the new anti-booth babe legislation
  • Nintendojo in matching jumpers
  • Rip-offs of two or more of the following:  Nintendogs, AC:WW, Brain Training, WiiMote
  • Electroplankton will still be mentioned by some Nintendo exec, probably in a passing comment, for its "anti-gaminess".
  • Nintendo's booth will be the best--again.
  • There will be an overt emotional response by a Nintendo fan--most likely after a Miyamoto appearance or Twilight Princess unveiling.
  • At least 3 Mario spin-offs, tie-ins, or licensings that you never even considered.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 02:33:01 PM »
Twilight Princess is delayed.
Yeah, its not funny, but its not impossible either.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 04:46:17 PM »
Maybe there will be another proposal.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 05:14:57 PM »
  • Violations of the new anti-booth babe legislation
You sicken me.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 05:39:40 PM »
You know it's going to happen.
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 05:42:33 PM »
You sicken me.

It was a prediction, he didn't say anything about looking forward to it.

Lighten. Up.

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 08:29:05 PM »
What? Since when is there an anti-booth babe legislation? Not that I'm upset about it or anything.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 09:20:33 PM »
I think I remember hearing about it for E3 '05 or something. Not like I really care, since I can't go.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 09:50:31 PM »
Twilight Princess is delayed.
Yeah, its not funny, but its not impossible either.
Nintendo's wrath is so cruel.

Anyway, maybe they'll announce a rerename of the Wii at E3... Hopefully hopefully. If Miyamoto-san is going to be there, try to get an interview!!
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 10:07:55 PM »
If Miyamoto-san is going to be there, try to get an interview!!
Wow!  Wish I'd thought of that.
Edit: </sarcasm>
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 11:58:31 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 11:54:21 PM »
If Miyamoto-san is going to be there, try to get an interview!!

Already tried.  They're all booked up, but I'm on their waiting list.  Just hope people cancel!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2006, 12:50:48 PM »
I wish I could go to E3, but it's too far away from us and my parents are too lazy and I'm not 100% sure I'm old enough. G4 has coverage on it in a few days, but since they're now essentiall a copy of Spike TV (little emphasis on video games anymore) all they'll focus on is the girls, beer, girls, midget wrestling and girls.
every

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2006, 01:17:23 PM »
You're not anywhere near old enough and not just anybody can go; you have to be 18 and part of the game industry or media.

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2006, 01:32:19 PM »
You could have said, "Oh, it's not that great anyway."

Well.  It looks like at least one of my predictions has already come true, and E3 hasn't even started yet.  I'm not saying which one, for fear of sickening certain individuals, and I will not provide a convenient link for that same reason.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 02:53:05 PM »
To those of you getting on my case, about the "being sickened" thing, it's called a JOKE. Why is it when I try to imitate Chupperson's or TEM's attitudes, I get flack for it, yet when they do it, people support them?

Anyway, I was pretending to be obnoxious, pharisaical, and condescending. I guess people took it literally. Regardless, being pharisaical and condescending is something I don't like, and something I'm trying to not do anymore, so pretending to be, even in jest, was something I shouldn't've done. I apologize.

However, I'm not the only one who needs to "lighten up." Telling me to do so just angers me.

Still, the likelihood that the anti-booth babes thing will be/has been violated does sadden me, though.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 09:25:22 PM »
Don't worry about it, Sapph.  The internet was made for misunderstandings.  While I'm a little disappointed, too, the whole scenario just reminds me that a beautiful mind is worth so much more than... what booth babes have.

And another "prediction" of mine has come true:  Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2:  March of the Minis.  Though, not even a real soothsayer could have predicted Solid Snake in SSB.  Amazing...

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 12:41:27 AM »
There was absolutely no way in that post to tell you were "joking". That's the problem.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2006, 09:12:58 PM »
Maybe because it was something that was completely believable coming from you.  Whatever you may have been trying for, the result was an attitude that far more closely matched your own average behavior than either Chup's or TEM's, so that kinda killed the joke.

So anyway, how about those predictions?  Anything any of you were disappointed or surprised by?

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2006, 01:53:58 AM »
Wii
No Mario platformer shown
Whoops. <_<

Nintendo DS
Mario Party
Whoops. >_>

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2006, 12:32:19 PM »
I was surprised at the amount of platformer-type Mario games announced. It's good news!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2006, 02:57:06 PM »
If they ever do decide to relase another Mario Party, let's all pray that it's a collection of minigames from the first three. Those were the greatest.

Print