Print

Author Topic: E3 2006: Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 67416 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2006, 09:09:34 PM »
You can dream all you want. Just don't expect to see more than 40 Nintendo-related characters in SSBB.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 10:08:40 AM by The Chef »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2006, 09:13:37 PM »
"don't you get it? all my dreams are gone" *cries some more*
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2006, 08:54:59 PM »
Bomberman must be put in Smash bros Brawl.They have to put him in or else I will die.
"A winner is you"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2006, 04:49:02 PM »
I had some interesting ideas for Olimar's moveset.  His special moves would rely on the ability of what color of Pikmin he'd throw.  IE: Purple Pikmin would cause earthquakes that imobilize and damage all opponents caught on the ground.

As for the Pokemon, get rid of Deoxys and add Meowth.  In my wildest dreams, I'd like to see Missingno. in it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2006, 05:26:45 PM »
My list of Characters for Smash Bros, Brawl:

Sonic
Mega Man
Simon Belmont from Castlevania
Dante from Devil May Cry
Leon of Resident Evil 4
Viewtiful Joe
Goku from Dragonball Z
Bobobo-bobo-bobo
Naruto
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2006, 05:33:39 PM »
Dragonball Z?! That's not a game. And the amount of 3rd party characters in that list are unfeasible.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2006, 06:52:24 PM »
Also, Sakurai said that no anime characters are gonna appear in SSBB. (When I say anime characters, I mean characters that made their debut in an anime.)  That means not Goku, no Naruto, no Inuyasha, etc.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2006, 05:44:22 PM »
Naruto in SSBM? That's just..........no. All the characters will be from Nintendo, with a FEW 3rd party characters. A FEW.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2006, 05:02:11 PM »
If anything, the only other Third-ie we'll see is Sonic, and even then, there's chance he won't even appear.

« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2006, 05:59:17 PM »
Joe would be actually be a pretty cool character to have in the game, though he'd be kind of a Zelda/Sheik clone in terms of transforming and all. But his attacks in the game would make for a great move-set in the game.
"Silly Bowsie, tiers are for queers!"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2006, 06:47:13 PM »
I fail to see why Joe wouldn't just stay in his "Viewtiful" form through the whole game. That is the way people rcognize him the most. Better yet, it seems people assume that just because a character could have a move similar to another one's, they're a clone by default. Not true.

« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2006, 12:30:10 AM »
If Viewtiful Joe is in the game, he needs to just stay Viewtiful, with regular Joe as maybe an alternate costume or something.  I'd love to see VJ, but I don't know HOW Slow, Mach and Zoom could be used without screwing everybody else up...

Unless maybe slow is a charge-up punch, like the Falcon Punch, Mach could be a rapid-fire barrage of attacks, and Zoom could just make Joe huge... Hmmm thoughts?

But yeah, Sakurai said to expect 2-3 more third party characters at the absolute most.  If we got Sonic and Mega Man, that's all I'd need. 
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2006, 01:12:06 AM »
Regular Joe mode could happen when you use a Viewtiful Effect for too long, like how Bowser's Fire runs out kinda.

« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2006, 03:29:52 AM »
That would actually be a pretty good idea. It would be more accurate for Joe's abilities in his game and make the abilitly different from Zelda/Sheik's transformation.

« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2006, 02:53:14 AM »
Hey Mario Maniac,
I hope that you know your wishlist of characters for Brawl, no offence man but do you how much work nintendo would have to do to do that, it would take too long and they might have to rush the game  making it inseficient if they wanted to make come out in time (unless they have working secretly on this for some time). Though it would be good if Sonic made an appearance.   

Print