Poll

As is, are you for or against the Nintendo Health and Safety disclaimer?

For it.
Against it.
Print

Author Topic: WARNING - HEALTH AND SAFETY  (Read 12505 times)

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 08:57:43 PM »
In truth people that prone to seizures could have them while watching tv in the dark. Now don't get me wrong, Im okay with the warning, but its only there to prevent Nintendo from getting sued. Does everyone remember that news story about the episode of pokemon aired in Japan causing all of those seizures? Anyway, if it really bugs you that much, pull out a paper-clip, buy a passme, and a gbamp, and go flash your DS. (I haven't seen that warning on the DS in a few months actually)
I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 08:43:21 AM »
You can start the game instantly without the disclaimer in DS as far as I know.

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 05:20:26 PM »
maybe it's subliminal messages telling you to by nintendo games! did you ever put a tape recorder on the sound and pics with a vcr or tape recorder?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 08:03:58 PM »
I don't mind the warning because Nintendo is merely taking precautions, but I would like the option to turn the warning off.  I've been exposed to TV, computers, and flashing lights many times, and I've never had a seizure.  There's a window right by my computer desk, so whenever I'm on it for a long period of time, I look out that window once in a while to avoid eye strain.  I'd rather vote "I don't care".  I'm not going to vote because "I don't care" isn't an option.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 08:07:20 PM »
it bothers me more than being stung by a bumbershoot on a gravy day.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 08:30:48 AM »
What the dukar!? Your posts make no sense.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 09:20:49 AM »
At least that one's on topic. More than can be said for a lot of his posts.
~I.S.~

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2006, 09:24:14 AM »
those health warnings can get annoying it's almost like the game has to load another screen.

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2006, 12:35:18 PM »
Almost?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2006, 03:37:17 PM »
It doesn't even take that long to load and it's in the very beginning. So that's a dumb excuse, Fairemaster.

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2006, 10:23:59 AM »
The warnings appear so briefly that I don't even see why this is a subject of debate.

i agree plus they save lives.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2006, 06:17:26 AM »
I voted for it because it is a good thing to have a message to warn about what can happen. I think the biggest reason it's there is to prevent video game related lawsuits, you know, the one where a mother is suing Nintendo because her son had a seizure from playing Super Mario Strikers. The screen would clearly show that if you have health problems,...seizures. Lawsuit over.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2006, 07:17:36 PM »
Random fact:

Prolonged exposure to the Nintendo DS touch screen may result in a higher risk of getting cancer.

Scary, isn't it? All that was taken from the DS manual.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2006, 03:21:13 AM »
Then put your DS in a box Ziploc freezer bags doubled, tripled, quadrupled etc. over each other, seal it up tight with thirty-four rolls of duct tape. Turn the DS around so the Ziploc logos don't block your view, and play. Bam, safety like magic.
Yes, yes, sorry about that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2006, 06:55:52 AM »
Random fact:

Most odd cancer warnings are hoaxes.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print