Poll

Who was your favorite Final fantasy I character when you start?

Warrior/Fighter
Thief
Monk/Black Belt
White Mage
Red Mage
Black Mage
Print

Author Topic: Favorite Final fantasy I charachter  (Read 11091 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2006, 02:11:58 PM »
Also, HARM wasn't Holy. HARM is the equivalent to the Dia spells. Holy was FADE in the NES version

Oops. Guess the person who wrote the Wikipedia article doesn't have all the answers.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2006, 05:51:48 PM »
First off, everyone writes the Wikipedia. See that Edit tab over every section?
Secondly, I'm sorry, Black Mage. I know I can't argue with you, after all you ARE Black Mage. I didn't know about the MP system change. I knew about Erdrick and Link (such brave warriors, we'll miss you) and ineffective. Ineffective was actually a change made from FFI to FFII, right? The remakes had the change (not in the Hard mode of the PSX version?) to go along with it. I knew about the spell name changes to make the text less basic. So in short, I do believe you.
The GBA version should've had hard/easy to include ineffective and please oldbie (opposite of newbie) fans.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2006, 05:26:02 PM »
 Ineffective was actually present in the original Final Fantasy II as well. Final Fantasy III NES was actually the first one to do away with it.

As for the PSX version, Origins, you had the ability to turn Ineffective on or off. Same goes with Dashing. I can't recall if you could change how Life 2 worked, but I seem to think it wasn't able to be used in battle like the original.

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2006, 12:32:13 PM »
What are my Mages doing in FFI on GBA when I cast a spell? Sucking on a sucker? Shining an apple? Preparing to roll dice?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2006, 05:54:50 PM »
Better yet, where does the main character carry all his stuff?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2006, 07:15:34 PM »
What are my Mages doing in FFI on GBA when I cast a spell? Sucking on a sucker? Shining an apple? Preparing to roll dice?
I always thought that they were reading the cheat sheet on casting spells that they wrote on their hand.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2006, 11:08:13 PM »
When I was playing FF1 on the NES the other day, I noticed the Erdrick reference. I wondered if it was an American localization choice to have it say Erdrick. Now I know. Also I wondered if it was meant to be a reference or a jab at Dragon Quest/Warrior. It seems a little harder to understand now that I know about the Link deal.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2006, 06:23:08 PM »
 They are casting the spell. Much like a wizard casting a trigger sequence in Dungeons and Dragons, they're chanting verbal incantations as well as making hand movements.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 08:48:19 PM »
Black mages are the coolest out of all the characters. Why?  Because they can use lots of magic, and is of the offensive variety which is much funner.   White mages hardly have any offensive spells at all so they are not as fun.  As for the red mages-they bug me.  They are not strong in either offensive or defensive spells which makes them not as neat.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2006, 01:22:43 PM »
I'm not going to change my vote, but I actually think the best character is a Monk with Haste and Temper.

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2006, 05:06:07 PM »
none yhey all Suck and so does the series exept the card game in the 8th one and it's music.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2006, 05:11:15 PM »
Why are you posting here if you have no interest in the game and you have no good point to make? >:(
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2006, 05:16:44 PM »
Oh! sorry was i supposed to make a point??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2006, 05:36:32 PM »
Well yes. This forum isn't for you to just spew random words whenever you feel like. Doing so makes you look like a n00b.

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2006, 05:53:29 PM »
okay okay i'll be serious from now on well most of the time.

Print