Poll

Should I Sell my Original DS and Buy a DS Lite?

Of course, you idiot!
7 (30.4%)
I would
1 (4.3%)
You could if you wanted to
12 (52.2%)
Don't do it
3 (13%)
Stop right there, imbecile!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Print

Author Topic: Should I Pack Liter?  (Read 11206 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: August 25, 2006, 06:48:16 AM »
I am asking the Fungi Forums to help me with a decision. It's whether or not I should sell my original DS and use the money (along with some of my own) to buy a DS Lite. I'm really leaning towards it, as the Lite seems twenty times better than the original DS, but I wanted to ask what everyone else thinks. So, what should I do?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 08:09:30 AM »
I wouldn't do it. The DS lite is almost the same thing as the DS "fat". There isn't anything necisary that the Lite introduces. Look at the GBA SP. It had a back light screen and rechargeable battery. Those features were almost nesecary. The lite has brighter screen and 4 levels of brightness. The original DS's screen was already bright enough, do we really need it any brighter? Plus, the higher levels just wastes more battery time. It has a bigger stylus, but Nintendo sells extra styli in packs of 2. Just buy one of those. Now you've got a better stylus, and you didn't have to buy another system just to get it. I, personally, have never had a problem with the power button. I've only accidently pressed the power button during gameplay once. The DS lite isn't really needed. It's great for people who don't have the original DS, but for those who do have the DS "fat", they should hang on to it until you get somthing like a major scratch on the touch screen or somthing.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 09:09:19 AM »
Sell your old DS and get a DS Lite. That's what I would do.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 09:18:26 AM »
I wouldn't, but that's more likely because I'm terribly cheap.  I like the lite, but I can survive with the "old" version.  I might just be waiting for the black version though...
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 09:42:23 AM »
Hahaha, I read this as "should you pack liiter*", as in the volume measurement and not "more lite," and I thought "What on earth?"

Anyways, it depends on a few things -- one, howmuch more utility are you gaining from a DS Lite opposed to what you have now? I mean, it plays the same games, right? Also, how much of the cost would you have to pay yourself; that is, what do you think you can get for your original DS?

I personally wouldn't do it, but then again, I have a high preference for functionality over aesthetics.  It's up to you.

*phonetic spelling, not a typo
~I.S.~

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 11:33:22 AM »
If you want to, fine. Just as long as you don't sell any games.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 04:40:31 PM »
I think you should. I just bought a Lite and kept my old DS, though.

Hahaha, I read this as "should you pack liiter*", as in the volume measurement and not "more lite," and I thought "What on earth?"
*phonetic spelling, not a typo
Heh, me too.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »
Coke Zero or Dr Pepper. Buy a fizz keeper for the cap, it helps.
To answer your real question: NO WAY. Unless your closet contains nothing but identical jump suits, the size is not worth it. I don't have a DS Lite, but from what I can tell...
- They're more cramped for yuor hands (If you have small hands, this won't matter).
- They get cracks in the outer hinge for no reason (Not much of a problem, but WHY?).
- GBA games jut out (well, the only way that would bother me is if it got caught on my pocket or felt weird inside).
-I've never had a problem with my DS's light, I can see it in the pitch black darkness of night just fine.
So if it's not size reduction you're looking for, stick with the DS Phat. Money doesn't grow on trees... unless you're a professional arborist.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 09:36:50 PM »
i would, it's awesome! Actually the smallness, Is quite good, the power button is now out of the way of you thumb, and it is desinged in a sleek white style, which looks so cool, the buttons are no longer clicky, and they are smaller, so you don't have to move your thumb to press them, all you need is a small nudge, the four levels of brightness are awesome, 3-D game demos I've played are beutiful, the stylus is thicker and longer, it has a more natrual grip, when not playing a GBA game, you can cover the slot with a small catridge like cover. So you should.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 03:55:08 AM »
Bird, the brightness isn't to help in darker places, it's to help in lighter places. Sounds backwards, but that's how it is.

Also, the crack thing is on a minority of DSes.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 12:59:53 PM »
I've been hearing a lot about the cracks. What exactly happens? A visible picture would be fine, but if there is some kind of defect in the Lite, I do not want to get it. And, BP, I have small hands, so I guess this could be my advantage. Whenever I would bowl with my own custom ball, people would always bug me to use my ball. After annoying me more and more, I'd let them, and then they would complain that the hoels were too small.

So far, everything the Lite has different seems to be even better than what the regular DS "Phat" has, so I still have this in mind. It all depends on how much I make with my Yu-Gi-Oh! cards.

(Tip to the public: never waste your money on any kind of trading cards, save your money!)

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 02:37:24 PM »
I just got a DS Lite yesterday, and I played one cup of MKDS on it. I learned a few things.

• The buttons are not clicky, but that didn't make a difference to me. What did make a small difference, is that they are raised about twice as high off of the surface. This isn't much, since the buttons are so thin to begin with, but it was noticeably harder to press X to use items in MKDS as I usually do.
  • Before that scares you, let me then say this. I had been trying off and on to 3-star this cup for a long time now, and on my first try on the DS Lite, I did it. Obviously I adapted to the raised button thing and did better than I ever had before.
  • After playing, I went back to my original DS to transfer the wifi settings to the Lite. When I turned on MKDS in the old DS, I was shocked at how horrific the screens looked. Seriously, when you play a Lite, you will never be able to go back. At least I won't. The original DS screens look like they're covered in a thick, thick layer of soot and ash. You can't see anything. I'm not even joking. Those old screens are so dim it should be a crime to humanity.
  • I have spent a buttload of money on Magic: The Gathering cards and a moderate amount on the original Star Wars CCG and am planning to spend a buttload on the World of Warcraft TCG. I do not regret it. Some of the most fun gaming and social experiences of my life were gained from the cards and I still have them for future use. True, I got to travel around the state every week and play many varied and unusual people as well as the standbys at home, which provided some variety, but I'm just saying, don't knock cards in general.
  • Again, don't worry about the crack thing. It happens in a minority of DSes and is a piddling flaw in the face of the vast superiority that is the DS Lite. If it does happen, what appears is small cracks on the two hinges that attach the top portion to the bottom. I would choose a cracked DS Lite over a flawless DS without thinking twice. And remember, it probably won't crack.
  • The DS Lite owns all, and you should get one if you can afford it.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 03:39:09 PM »
Also, the DS Lite has a better stylus.

This time, I read the title as "Should I Pack Litter?" (as in cat litter).
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 05:18:51 PM »
Huh, funny, there is only one t in liter, I thought you ment should I pack a Lighter?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 08:53:43 PM »
I'm kind of with Robert and CoconutMikeNIke on this one.  I wouldn't sell my DS 'fat' for a DS Lite, but that's mostly because it's very special to me (I was very surprised to find it in my stocking in the Christmas of 2004.  I seriously didn't think I'd get a DS till its price dropped), and the fact that money doesn't grow on trees.

The only times I ever have a problem with the screen's brightness is when I'm playing in the car, and the sun is really high up and shining into my window.  But that is only one minor inconvenience, and it doesn't occur very often.  Other than that, I am very satisfied with my DS.  Plus, I use it as my alarm clock.

Here's my opinion: you can sell your DS 'fat' for a DS Lite if you want to.  It's your DS and your money.  I mean, personally, I wouldn't, but just me, and others who are happy with their DS 'fats' and are conserving their money.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 08:59:21 PM »
Get a lite my friend. You won't regret it at all.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 09:04:20 PM »
 I agrree! You people should use my "Portable remake theory" It's like: every time nintendo makes a portable system, don't get it!! Eventually they WILL release a new and improved version! It's happened every time! So, to avoid any mistakes, always follow that theory! And Kojinka, i respect that, but mabye if your DS wasn't special to you, you'd sell it for a DS lite! You wouln't regret it! It's like: the DS screens are wearing glasses, and everything is brighter and more clear!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 09:25:48 PM »
No, I'd still keep it even if it wasn't special to me.  If I had, like, $500-to-600, and if my DS wasn't so special to me, I'd consider selling it for a DS Lite.  So, the only circumstance, in which I'll ever get a DS Lite, is if my DS 'fat' was no longer functional for some reason.  Don't get any ideas, SushieBoy. :P

For Nintendo's next portable, I think may follow your theory.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 11:14:30 PM »
I find the original model is just as "Portable" as the Lite.

Then again, all the pairs of pants I own have huge pockets....
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 01:15:43 AM »
The DS Lite to the DS is like SSBM to SSB. Once you play the new version, you can never go back. It just destroys the old one's enjoyability with its goodness.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 01:30:46 AM »
That's a pretty drastic comparison right there, LD.
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 01:33:26 AM »
Uh...Not really.
The DS is like 56 kbps Dial up and the lite is like 256 kbps DSL. The first was good at a time, but after you go to the second one, you can never go back.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 05:24:31 AM »
So, any more takers for my theory?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 08:31:06 AM »
That's still a very drastic comparison.  Even though SSBM is one of my favorite games of all time, and is much bigger then SSB, SSB will always have a place in my heart.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Personâ„¢
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 09:19:33 AM »
While I suggest getting a Lite, I'd wait for a graphite black one.  My Blue DSphat's screens look bigger and clearer than my platinum one.  I know it's an optical illusion, but still. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 11:31:34 AM »
This discussion reminded me:  I had the opportunity to play on a DS Lite a while back and, while the screen quality really impressed me, there was something in the design that made me cringe.  Something important.  And now I can't remember what it was, but it was just enough to tip the scales back to, "Eh, whatever."

It wasn't how the GBA games stick out.  It wasn't that it was too small... I want to say it had something to do with the L & R buttons, but I don't recollect...

Also, Luigison, I heard there are two types of DS screens among the regular DS's.  Maybe that would explain the clarity part of the illusion, at least.  Check GameFAQ's; they've got some info.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2006, 01:45:30 PM »
If you buy a Lite but keep the old DS, you'd be able to easily play multiplayer against other people who don't have a DS.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2006, 01:55:40 PM »
Being the Smash nut I am, I have to say I will still play Super Smash Bros. with friends (and still win :), but Melee is much better, and it's hard to go from dodging attacks and charging smash attacks to roll dodges only and regular smash attacks.

I repect all of the feedback I have gotten. Thank you, LD, for getting rid of most of the doubts I had, as the only DS game I own is Mario Kart DS (yeah, only one DS game :( ) and it appears that the Lite is far superior to the DS. SushieBoy, your theory is obselete, as it states that you shouldn't get any portable system.
You people should use my "Portable remake theory" It's like: every time nintendo makes a portable system, don't get it!! Eventually they WILL release a new and improved version!
Nintendo always releases another portable, and based on your theory, they will keep makng better and better ones. This means you shouldn't get one at all. You also state that everyone should get a DS Lite, even thought your theory appears to say you shouldn't. I think you should change your opinion.

Robert, I have to say that your first post would only strengthen a decision to buy a Lite. you listed all of the good things about the Lite. Not a very supportive argument for the "don't get a Lite" side.

After all of these comments, Smash ones included, I plan on actually giving my friend my old DS (with a little fee ;) and buying a DS Lite all on my own, as I expect I will receive $199.50 + for my Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, based on the newest prices (it seems that the normal rate for Yu-Gi-Oh! cards is half of the lowest selling price). Wish me luck with this matter. I have decided that I will "Pack Liter," and not lighter fluid.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 06:22:16 PM by Mr.Melee »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2006, 03:10:58 PM »
...Man, that $200 would look really good in your wallet on Wii day.
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2006, 08:05:28 PM »
I think I didn't type this right, what I ment was: Whenever Nintendo releases thier next portable, don't get it just yet! They will release a better and improved version, then you can get it! It's happened every time! hasn't it?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2006, 08:38:32 PM »
But that's not always the best thing to do. I prefer the GBA over the SP or the Micro. Besides, nobody wants to wait 2 years to play the awesome launch titles.
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2006, 08:43:15 PM »
The're weren't any good launch titles for GBA!! Mabye not MK:SS, same for DS, exept SM64 DS.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2006, 08:53:22 PM »
When was the DS Lite released? June 11th... That instantly kills your ability to get Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart DS, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Kirby Canvas Curse, New Super Mario Bros., Tetris DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, and a whole lot more I don't feel like naming on their release days, or even close afterward (something people who truly want them do). What a waste of Christmas 2004 and 2005! Anyhow... I have no complaints or regrets with my DS, and I'm glad I got it when I did. I mean, I was dying to have one befotre it was even out, imagine how mad I'd've gone waiting for it 2 years following. Patience is something I don't like having to deal with... =D
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2006, 09:00:57 PM »
I've seen EVERY SINGLE game you posted in local Wal-marts, GameStops, Targets, EB Games, Intenet shops, Net Zero, and many other places I don't feel like naming, you fail, BP.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2006, 09:57:16 PM »
That's not what I'm trying to say. What I mean is, I hate it when I'm here, and everyone but me is talking about how great this one game is, and oh let's exchange friend codes, and oh how did you make use of this feature, and oh did you see what happens at the end when...
So you have to just sit there while people around you buy games you can't play because you're waiting for a new model of the system to be released. And as I said with the GBA, the newer models weren't any better than the original (in my eyes). And as I said before, there go two Christmases that you could've gotten games (or the system itself) out of. Birthdays, too. If you were intending on getting the second DS model for Christmas, you're still in line right now! I'm not saying your method is bad, I'm just saying it isn't good for me.

Edit: Wait, Wal-Mart?! That completely changes the subject. You fail.
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2006, 01:50:40 PM »
Okay, mabye you are not the patient person, But you my man, are a Bird Person!!! Ah well, I know how you feel, So mabye you aren't the right kind of person for my theory. But remeber, IT'S TRUE!!!!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2006, 09:00:08 PM »
I didn't get a GBA till a year after its release.  I heard, at the time, that the next Pokemon games (R/S) were gonna be on the GBA.  Those two games didn't come out in the U.S. till about a year after I got my GBA.  Did I complain? No.  I was finally able to trade Pokemon.

I tried to be patient with NSMB, but, as BP said, people who got the game were always talking about it.  Also, I read so many good reviews
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2006, 06:56:51 PM »
Eh, the DS Lite is pretty good, but if you already have a DS, it's not 100% neccessary to get one. Of course, you'll probably get a somewhat small amount of money for your DS if you sell it (I sold an extra one I had recently, and I got only about fifty bucks in store credit).
every

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 07:35:17 PM »
I have a new dilemma: I have a gift card for the mall. Should I use it for Wii when it comes out or should I use it for my Lite? I've been giving this some thought, as I could get Wii earlier at the mall than, say, Toys R Us, but I don't want to pay much more. What should I do now?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2006, 05:39:58 PM »
Yes, I urge you to get the DS Lite and to get as many people as you can to do that, so that the price of the original DS lowers faster and I can get one for less.

I don't care much for the newer versions of the same thing.  I never got a GBASP, I just bought a used GBA, and I don't mind having to play it in the light.  I only half-want to eventually get a normal DS. 
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2006, 06:57:23 PM »
Sounds like you don't really want to buy a DS, Markio...

I tell you what, though. I consider the $150 I spend for my DS to be the best $150 I ever spent, even now that it has lowered in price. And now that it's about $30 less, what does that tell you? Pretty much that you should buy a DS, I think.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2006, 10:04:52 PM »
Well then I'm guessing you didn't buy a DS Lite and therefore don't want one, or else you did spend money on it but you consider the money you spent on it to be not as good as the money you spent on your original DS!  Am I right?  Just kidding, sort of.

It's not that I don't want a DS, I just don't care enough to spend money on any more video game systems.  I'm kinda nervous about spending money except maybe on books.  And besides, The N64 and GBA and GCN are still very fun to me.  I don't want to spend money right now on leisure activities when I should be growing up and learning to manage money and getting a job and going to college and studying seriously in a profession I want to have a future career in -- but enough about me, we all know how I sound really serious but then act all goofabulous when talking about life.  Besides, this is a thread over whether he should get the DS Lite instead of his DS.

Apparently the DS Lite offers the advantages of being smaller and having a brighter screen.  If your original DS is too big for you or if it's hard for you to see the screen, you should probably just get something more convenient, like the DS Lite.  On the other hand, There is no disadvantage to just having a DS.  I never switched to GBASP from GBA and I didn't suffer.  I've played the GBASP, and I didn't really think it was superior, just different.  you should test out a DS Lite, and see if you like the changes from the original DS, and then decide.

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2006, 01:31:03 AM »
There is a disadvantage to never upgrading. You will only ever see the games in their horrible soot-covered versions, and never know the true beauty that lies beneath the soot.

I noticed my DS Lite has a rougher screen than the original DS. The Lite feels a bit gritty and the original was silky smooth (but looked shimmery, whereas the Lite's does not).

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2006, 10:52:18 AM »
It's true! I recently upgraded in response to a dying/dead R button, and the internal case, comparitively, is like sandpaper.

It's definitely a step up from the regular DS, so I say this again: If you can sell your original DS, get a DS Lite. Its beauty is a thing of marvel. I can't stop staring at it...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2006, 12:48:36 PM »
The one major problem with the DS Lite's outer case is that it collects fingerprints faster than Mario can grab coins. But it can be easily wiped off.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »
I got a graphite colored GBA SP with the backlit screen a couple days ago so I could trade between my GBA pokemon, and I must say, I had never seen Link's Awakening DX in such vivid colors till I played it on that SP.  Does this mean I'll get a DS Lite?  Probably not till Pokemon Diamond and Pearl come out.  The difference between the GBA SP and the DS Lite is that the SP took a much larger leap to set it apart from the original GBA.  The DS Lite (IMO at the moment) is not very necessary if you already have a regular DS.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2006, 09:55:12 AM »
There both ds's. I wouldn't.
Dee to the third power dude

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2006, 03:05:18 PM »
But you will never notice the soot unless you upgrade.  So if you don't upgrade, you won't notice the problem!

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2006, 04:16:46 AM »
That's a valid point. But if you follow that logic to its conclusion, we should still be playing Pong. And we'd think it's the best game ever made. Which would be true. Sentence fragment.

Always strive for improvement.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2006, 05:25:23 PM »
Well then... apparently the upgrade is worth the extra bucks.  Actually, I should just go out and buy a DS Lite and never get a DS.  But then I won't appreciate the clearness of it because of my sootless past, since I never had the original DS.  Whenever I actually put forth efforts to go get a DS. 9_9  Here's another sentence ending with "DS".  Remember Sketchers?  It's dee S!  One time, I had this teacher named Mrs. Diaz!  I tried to ask her a question once, but she answered so fast that it sounded like this: "D'you--" "Yes!"

Anyway...

It sounds like if you were to get a DS Lite, you should trade in the original DS at the same time.  Who am I even talking to?  Is Mr.Melee still struggling with this decision?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2006, 05:41:24 PM »
No, but it sounds sort of like you are.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2006, 08:24:45 PM »
How do you figure that?  It's not like I'm posting every other time or something...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2006, 10:18:36 PM »
It's just your speech on buying a DS Lite, then the mind-change, then the re-evaluation, then the half-hearted conclusion...

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2006, 07:36:39 AM »
Suffix, are you mad at me?  I can't catch your tone of voice.  You seem to really want me to get a DS.  Or at least you're subconsciously trying to make me think that I'm ready to go get one.

My conclusion was that aparently a DS Lite is worth trading in your original DS, because the upgrades sound worth it.  I never really like upgrading to an item that operates the same stuff, since it seems like extra money.  But then again, I never had a DS and wouldn't know about how great the improvements are.  So I should just butt out and go away!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2006, 01:28:01 PM »
To Markio=
After all of these comments, Smash ones included, I plan on actually giving my friend my old DS (with a little fee ;) and buying a DS Lite all on my own, as I expect I will receive $199.50 + for my Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, based on the newest prices (it seems that the normal rate for Yu-Gi-Oh! cards is half of the lowest selling price). Wish me luck with this matter. I have decided that I will "Pack Liter," and not lighter fluid.

I have a new dilemma: I have a gift card for the mall. Should I use it for Wii when it comes out or should I use it for my Lite? I've been giving this some thought, as I could get Wii earlier at the mall than, say, Toys R Us, but I don't want to pay much more. What should I do now?

Hmm? Maybe the mall won't even have it earlier, being it closes at 10...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2006, 04:50:26 PM »
Markio, that's the last straw! Blargharaarargh! No, I'm not mad at you. Yes, I was secretly trying to get you to buy one. They're magnificent, a word I don't use lightly. Of course, you could wait for the "DS Liter" or summat, that should come out in about 2-3 years. And while both DSes do the same stuff, being able to escape the "soot" as some people call it is worth the 20 dollars in the long run. It's made me 1.2 times better at Metroid! And so has the touch screen, somehow. I feel like it's more precise or something.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2006, 05:47:15 PM »
Markio, that's the last straw! Blargharaarargh! No, I'm not mad at you.

I'm still laughing.

Mr.Melee, if it's a something-percent off, use it for the Wii.  If it for a certain amount of money, use it on the DS Lite.  Because if it was like 10%, you'd save 10% of more money.  But if it's for like twenty bucks, one way or another you're going to use it and end up with the same amount owed after buying both.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2006, 12:19:41 PM »
I think I have a plan. I will use my one gift card (not for the mall) on Wii (because it expires on January of 2008) and I'll use the other one (the mall one) for when the Black Lite is released. Imagine, the graphics, light, etc. look much better on the DS Lite, and it only comes in white. Think of how nuch better it will look with a black Lite!

This plan is tentative, as I don't know when Nintendo plans to release the Black Lite. Anyone got an idea?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2006, 04:34:48 PM »
If you wanna. I dunno.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2006, 01:43:57 AM »
Coral Pink and Onyx come out on September 13th for the same price of $129.99.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2006, 01:49:42 PM »
Okay, I've said it in #tmk twice before but I'll say it here too. I saw a DS Lite yesterday. It's amazing, LD and Suffix are right. I watched as three people played AC:WW together (one had a DSL, the others just plain DSs) and there really is soot all over the DS's screens. I didn't get to play it, so I can't say I can't play my DS again. And I can't buy a DSL now because I have a DS already, but I will now encourage any DS-less person to get a Lite. I guess seeing is believing...
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2006, 02:10:59 PM »
Get a Lite with any possible excuse you might have for one. I got one because the L and R keys on my DS were broken.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2006, 02:55:45 PM »
After looking at the Onix DS Lite (and arguing with BP over whether or not Onix is the same as black, Target says so), I will get that color. It seems pretty similar to the awesome-looking graphite DS Nintendo Power gave away with Metroid Prime Hunters (and a pair of headphones). I plan on getting that color. So, I will have a "black" DS Lite and a white Wii.

Print