Poll

Should I Sell my Original DS and Buy a DS Lite?

Of course, you idiot!
7 (30.4%)
I would
1 (4.3%)
You could if you wanted to
12 (52.2%)
Don't do it
3 (13%)
Stop right there, imbecile!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Print

Author Topic: Should I Pack Liter?  (Read 11215 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »
I got a graphite colored GBA SP with the backlit screen a couple days ago so I could trade between my GBA pokemon, and I must say, I had never seen Link's Awakening DX in such vivid colors till I played it on that SP.  Does this mean I'll get a DS Lite?  Probably not till Pokemon Diamond and Pearl come out.  The difference between the GBA SP and the DS Lite is that the SP took a much larger leap to set it apart from the original GBA.  The DS Lite (IMO at the moment) is not very necessary if you already have a regular DS.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2006, 09:55:12 AM »
There both ds's. I wouldn't.
Dee to the third power dude

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2006, 03:05:18 PM »
But you will never notice the soot unless you upgrade.  So if you don't upgrade, you won't notice the problem!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2006, 04:16:46 AM »
That's a valid point. But if you follow that logic to its conclusion, we should still be playing Pong. And we'd think it's the best game ever made. Which would be true. Sentence fragment.

Always strive for improvement.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2006, 05:25:23 PM »
Well then... apparently the upgrade is worth the extra bucks.  Actually, I should just go out and buy a DS Lite and never get a DS.  But then I won't appreciate the clearness of it because of my sootless past, since I never had the original DS.  Whenever I actually put forth efforts to go get a DS. 9_9  Here's another sentence ending with "DS".  Remember Sketchers?  It's dee S!  One time, I had this teacher named Mrs. Diaz!  I tried to ask her a question once, but she answered so fast that it sounded like this: "D'you--" "Yes!"

Anyway...

It sounds like if you were to get a DS Lite, you should trade in the original DS at the same time.  Who am I even talking to?  Is Mr.Melee still struggling with this decision?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2006, 05:41:24 PM »
No, but it sounds sort of like you are.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2006, 08:24:45 PM »
How do you figure that?  It's not like I'm posting every other time or something...

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2006, 10:18:36 PM »
It's just your speech on buying a DS Lite, then the mind-change, then the re-evaluation, then the half-hearted conclusion...

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2006, 07:36:39 AM »
Suffix, are you mad at me?  I can't catch your tone of voice.  You seem to really want me to get a DS.  Or at least you're subconsciously trying to make me think that I'm ready to go get one.

My conclusion was that aparently a DS Lite is worth trading in your original DS, because the upgrades sound worth it.  I never really like upgrading to an item that operates the same stuff, since it seems like extra money.  But then again, I never had a DS and wouldn't know about how great the improvements are.  So I should just butt out and go away!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2006, 01:28:01 PM »
To Markio=
After all of these comments, Smash ones included, I plan on actually giving my friend my old DS (with a little fee ;) and buying a DS Lite all on my own, as I expect I will receive $199.50 + for my Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, based on the newest prices (it seems that the normal rate for Yu-Gi-Oh! cards is half of the lowest selling price). Wish me luck with this matter. I have decided that I will "Pack Liter," and not lighter fluid.

I have a new dilemma: I have a gift card for the mall. Should I use it for Wii when it comes out or should I use it for my Lite? I've been giving this some thought, as I could get Wii earlier at the mall than, say, Toys R Us, but I don't want to pay much more. What should I do now?

Hmm? Maybe the mall won't even have it earlier, being it closes at 10...
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2006, 04:50:26 PM »
Markio, that's the last straw! Blargharaarargh! No, I'm not mad at you. Yes, I was secretly trying to get you to buy one. They're magnificent, a word I don't use lightly. Of course, you could wait for the "DS Liter" or summat, that should come out in about 2-3 years. And while both DSes do the same stuff, being able to escape the "soot" as some people call it is worth the 20 dollars in the long run. It's made me 1.2 times better at Metroid! And so has the touch screen, somehow. I feel like it's more precise or something.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2006, 05:47:15 PM »
Markio, that's the last straw! Blargharaarargh! No, I'm not mad at you.

I'm still laughing.

Mr.Melee, if it's a something-percent off, use it for the Wii.  If it for a certain amount of money, use it on the DS Lite.  Because if it was like 10%, you'd save 10% of more money.  But if it's for like twenty bucks, one way or another you're going to use it and end up with the same amount owed after buying both.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2006, 12:19:41 PM »
I think I have a plan. I will use my one gift card (not for the mall) on Wii (because it expires on January of 2008) and I'll use the other one (the mall one) for when the Black Lite is released. Imagine, the graphics, light, etc. look much better on the DS Lite, and it only comes in white. Think of how nuch better it will look with a black Lite!

This plan is tentative, as I don't know when Nintendo plans to release the Black Lite. Anyone got an idea?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2006, 04:34:48 PM »
If you wanna. I dunno.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2006, 01:43:57 AM »
Coral Pink and Onyx come out on September 13th for the same price of $129.99.

Print